Biggest bust

LPTiger

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The fact that you think Gus had anything to do with Marshall's performance is hilarious. Great athlete did freakishly athletic things.  Marshall made Gus millions, not the other way around. That's the telling stat.

The fact that he stopped Marshall from getting real coaching tells alot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

The fact that you think Gus had anything to do with Marshall's performance is hilarious. Great athlete did freakishly athletic things.  Marshall made Gus millions, not the other way around. That's the telling stat.

Then you should have posted that off-topic remark somewhere else instead of posting this clearly incorrect statement:

Quote: "I couldn't pick a single QB under that regime.  When you go O-fer across a tenure, it's not the multiple players. JMO"

This thread was about busts.  Cam, Nick and Stidham were not busts. Your statement is wrong.

If you desperately need another chance to take cheap shots at a departed coach, there are numerous threads in which to vent your hatred.

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree on the second part. That used to piss me off how guys couldn't get coaching. He was a better passer in '14, but not sure if he was ever going to be a big NFL target. Perfect fit for that system we ran those two years. Be interesting to see how he would've done in a pro-style though

18 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Same. Kyle Davis showed potential but flamed out 

I would say he, Duke Williams and Jovon Robinson all proved that they were as good as advertised. But they definitely flamed out. Sad category. 

• Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, AUinGA44 said:

The offensive marriage of Tony Franklin and Kodi Burns.

@AUinGA44 To be fair here CTF did not get any help from the other coaches on O. He had to coach all the positions virtually by himself because the rest of the coaches refused to coach his system.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUinGA44 To be fair here CTF did not get any help from the other coaches on O. He had to coach all the positions virtually by himself because the rest of the coaches refused to coach his system.

Having listened to his podcast he seems like an utterly irascible butt head of a pompous coach to coach alongside. It's one thing if your belichek it's another if you're Tony Franklin but touche

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

I see we need the regular reminder that guys who transfer or haven't seen the field aren't necessarily busts. Lots of times they're just playing behind elite, NFL-caliber guys. Or maybe the scheme they're playing in changes dramatically under a new coaching staff.

Every big time football program has at least 3 dudes for every position on the field. So, yeah, most of them aren't going to play. Doesn't mean they're a "bust". 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Most here will not know/remember her

Golf, I bet there is a high likelihood that somewhere in the Golf household is a copy of that epic pic where Sophia Loren is side eyeing Jane's assets.  

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Totally accurate. That build up brings back memories, I remember how fired up I was watching the play Clemson in the bowl game NYE of 2007 going into 2008. I was dating a chick that went to UGA at the time and I was talking cash s*** in an Athens bar about how good Auburn was about to be. How wrong I was.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 10:51 AM, Mikey said:

Then you should have posted that off-topic remark somewhere else instead of posting this clearly incorrect statement:

Quote: "I couldn't pick a single QB under that regime.  When you go O-fer across a tenure, it's not the multiple players. JMO"

This thread was about busts.  Cam, Nick and Stidham were not busts. Your statement is wrong.

If you desperately need another chance to take cheap shots at a departed coach, there are numerous threads in which to vent your hatred.

Cam, Nick and Stidham were not Gus's booms or busts, he did not develop any of them himself and as such cannot be attributed to Gus. Further, Stidham got worse in his 2nd year under Gus. Cam was NFL ready when he showed up art Auburn and, Nick was developed for 2 years by a different coach.  He was also the perfect fit for Malzahn's system but was not developed by Malzahn.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Cam, Nick and Stidham were not Gus's booms or busts............

Are you mentally impaired? This thread has nothing to do with Gus or any other coach.  It's about players who were busts.

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Are you mentally impaired? This thread has nothing to do with Gus or any other coach.  It's about players who were busts.

You are mentally impaired lmao,  you were the one that brought up those players under Gus. "This thread was about busts.  Cam, Nick and Stidham were not busts. Your statement is wrong." - Mikey, can't even remember your own posts, so they have to be quoted back to you, smh.