Biggest bust

LPTiger

13 hours ago, Didba said:

You are mentally impaired lmao,  you were the one that brought up those players under Gus. "This thread was about busts.  Cam, Nick and Stidham were not busts. Your statement is wrong." - Mikey, can't even remember your own posts, so they have to be quoted back to you, smh.

No, I am not. One of our resident haters posted that "every QB under the prior regime was a bust". Unless you agree that Cam, Nick and Stidham were busts, you're on the wrong side of this argument. I suggest that in the future you read thoroughly enough to grasp the situation before putting foot in mouth.

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, I am not. One of our resident haters posted that "every QB under the prior regime was a bust". Unless you agree that Cam, Nick and Stidham were busts, you're on the wrong side of this argument. I suggest that in the future you read thoroughly enough to grasp the situation before putting foot in mouth.

Cam wasn't under Gus 

Besides scheme, Gus had little, if any, impact on Nick's quarterbacking abilities. 

Stidham 

Kiehl Frasier 

Jeremy Johnson 

JF3 

Sean White 

Malik Willis

Bo Nix

Even if you want to claim NM, 7 out of 8 being bust is not on the players.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Cam wasn't under Gus 

Besides scheme, Gus had little, if any, impact on Nick's quarterbacking abilities. 

Stidham 

Kiehl Frasier 

Jeremy Johnson 

JF3 

Sean White 

Malik Willis

Bo Nix

Even if you want to claim NM, 7 out of 8 being bust is not on the players.

I'd call Cam Malzahn's pupil. You said every QB under Gus was a bust. Cam, Nick and Stidham clearly are not busts. Sean White and Bo Nix (AU's all-time offense leader) are not busts. This thread isn't about coaching, it's about players who failed to live up to expectations. Frazier and JJ are the only two on that list who fit the description of a bust. Little was expected of JF3 and Willis, and little is what we got from them.

You should start another thread: "QB's who should have won the Heisman but Gus coached them down". That would make more sense than what you are trying to do here.

Here, I'll help you: Unless you think Nick Marshall was a bust, his name has no business in this thread. Maybe that will get you back on track.

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd call Cam Malzahn's pupil.

Yes you would, but that's stupid.

Stidham came in with sky high expectations. He didn't come close to meeting them...bust at AU

Sean White and Bo Nix (AU's all-time offense leader) are not busts.

4* Winner of elite 11, kicked off team...bust 

5* with career ~60% cmp pct that quit...bust 

This thread isn't about coaching, it's about players who failed to live up to expectations

No, it just asked who were the biggest bust. After 2010 and 2013 Gus was thought a genius. After avg 4+ losses a year for 8 years ...bust

Little was expected of JF3

Except by Gus who thought he was the next Marshall and continued to try and play him over SW...bust.

Willis

...Nothing at AU, goes to Libery and now will be a 1st round pick...bust at AU (Really just more proof what at a bust Gus was)

NM was an all-time great QB at AU, but Gus had nothing to do with his quarterbacking abilities.

So, I was wrong when I said, "every" QB. I should've said 7 of 8 QBs under Gus never came close to expectations.

Remind me of what that's called?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes you would, but that's stupid.

Stidham came in with sky high expectations. He didn't come close to meeting them...bust at AU

4* Winner of elite 11...bust 

5* that quit...bust 

No, it just asked who were the biggest bust. After 2010 and 2013 Gus was thought a genius. After avg 4+ losses a year for 8 years ...bust

Except by Gus who thought he was the next Marshall...bust.

...Nothing at AU, goes to Libery and now will be a 1st round pick...bust at AU( really just more proof what at a bust Gus was)

NM was an all-time great QB at AU, but Gus had nothing to do with his quarterbacking abilities. So, I was wrong when I said, "every" QB. I should've said 7 of 8 QBs under Gus never came close to expectations.

Remind me of what that's called?

I'd call this post of yours a bust. Totally off the tracks. And here, I tried so hard to help you grasp the situation.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I'd call this post of yours a bust. Totally off the tracks. And here, I tried so hard to help you grasp the situation.

I'm sure you would, that doesn't negate the fact that you can't refute any of it 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm sure you would, that doesn't negate the fact that you can't refute any of it 

I have refuted all of it. I'm not going down the entire post again, I've already done that above. Here's just one example of your ridiculous list: You call AU's all-time total offense leader a bust. That's past silly.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I have refuted all of it. I'm not going down the entire post again, I've already done that above. Here's just one example of your ridiculous list: You call AU's all-time total offense leader a bust. That's past silly.

No, you have given your opinion...that's not refuting anything.

As far as the all-time offense leader goes..a 5* that played lik a low 3* that just quit on the team...yeah, I'd certainly say he didn't live up to expectations. 

You think he did?

Mikey honestly Bird is refuting everything you say with pretty solid evidence my man. maybe, its time to give it a rest and just admit when you are wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

lmao, what a joke every take you have is.

Just look up a few posts and learn........

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Mikey honestly Bird is refuting everything you say with pretty solid evidence my man. maybe, its time to give it a rest and just admit when you are wrong.

So, you agree that Cam, Stidham, White and Nix were busts? If so, you need to seek help.

Edited by Mikey

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

lmao, what a joke every take you have is.

No, no, you've got it all wrong...

Stidham regressing into a shell of what he was at Baylor wasn't a bust.

White, a high 4* that won the elite 11 and was kicked off the team wasn't a bust.

Nix, a 5* with a sub 60% career cmp pct and <7 y/a that quit to go to another team, wasn't a bust 

JF3, the next Nick Marshall wasn't a bust 

Jeremy Johnson, the future Heisman winner, wasn't a bust

They all came in and had great, successful careers. Not only  did they mee expectations, but blew them out of the water! Obviously that's why Gus Malzahn is synonymous with QB whisperer

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Just look up a few posts and learn........

So, you agree that Cam, Stidham, White and Nix were busts? If so, you need to seek help.

Learn from you? nah, I am good. I could learn more about football from a post in the groung or a game of madden.

further, Cam wasn't a bust but he wasn't a Gus product. While the other three were busts, they were 4 & 5* that didn't live up to their potential. that is the definition of a bust. Bird already pointed this out and provided statistical evidence for each player. So I won't rehash it but it wouldn't matter if I did. You'd disagree no matter how much evidence is shown to you.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Learn that Calvin Ashley was a bust. Sean White was not a bust.

Sean White was definitely a bust. But to be completely transparent, he had no business being under Gus’ scheme. 

JF3 being recruited to be a QB for us will be one of the biggest head scratchers. 

Don’t get me started on Jarrett Stidham & Malik Willis and the waste of their talents.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Taco said:

Sean White was definitely a bust. But to be completely transparent, he had no business being under Gus’ scheme. 

JF3 being recruited to be a QB for us will be one of the biggest head scratchers. 

Don’t get me started on Jarrett Stidham & Malik Willis and the waste of their talents.

The only reason to try and defend those QBs careers at AU is to try and deflect criticism away from Gus. Gus owns those decisions and performances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The only reason to try and defend those QBs careers at AU is to try and deflect criticism away from Gus. Gus owns those decisions and performances.

:iamwithstupid:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

It always goes back to this. Dude's ass is still bouncing all those checks his mouth wrote the last few years. 

• Like 1