Oregon DL Transfer Jayson Jones COMMITS TO AUBURN!

Zeek

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I've got alot of Bammer's in my family and several friends that are Bammer's. They are all very pissed off at Auburn landing Jayson Jones. For those of you that don't know, Jones is from Calera, Al. and was a longtime commit to Alabama when he was a senior in high school. Then, out of nowhere, he flipped to Oregon and signed with them. That pissed the Bammer's off. Well, now that Jones entered the transfer portal, the Bammer's felt like they had a great chance to get him to sign with them but he chose Auburn. Any day that we can one up the Bammer's and get under their skin, I consider it a great day. WDE and welcome to the Plains Mr. Jones!!!!

He talked about that. The reason he didn’t stick with Bama was because they stopped talking to him. They lost interest in him and then tried to “blueshirt” him so he really didn’t have a choice but to go somewhere else

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Didn’t list Bammer as an offer.

I never said that Bama offered him. My Bama family and friends felt that he may choose to come to Tuscaloosa because he was a strong verbal commit to Alabama before flipping to Oregon. So when Cristobal left Oregon for Miami and Jones entered the portal, they felt like he would fall back to them since he had been a prior commit. Even though Alabama wasn't in his final 10 schools, they still felt they could get him. That's mainly due to them thinking they're the end all be all of college football. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I never said that Bama offered him. My Bama family and friends felt that he may choose to come to Tuscaloosa because he was a strong verbal commit to Alabama before flipping to Oregon. So when Cristobal left Oregon for Miami and Jones entered the portal, they felt like he would fall back to them since he had been a prior commit. Even though Alabama wasn't in his final 10 schools, they still felt they could get him. That's mainly due to them thinking they're the end all be all of college football. 

Too Bad, So Sad, But Sooo True. WDE

On 12/24/2021 at 1:40 PM, RunInRed said:

3 years left

And can still redshirt if he ever needs it since 2020 didn't count.

• Like 2