* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

Thank God for Bruce and basketball.  I am going to have to take a big step back in expectations for AU football.  This level of emotional investment to be JABA'd is not healthy for this long.  Beat LSU!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hunter was at RB on 4th down FWIW

Ah I thought it was empty. I knew 3rd down was. Still doesn’t make me feel any better. Ha!!

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

They didn't  cost  us this game. 

I didn’t say they did, but they made some god awful calls all game long, and those calls definitely influenced the outcome to a degree. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger

Harsin will get his time, but I’m not at all impressed with what he’s done this season.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Finley rifles a 5 yard pass for an incompletion to turn it over on downs.

Exactly! "Hey, there's a receiver 5 yards away, let me see how HARD I can throw the ball!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

No they didnt we cost us this game because we suck.

2 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Nope. Not going to happen. Not enough talent or creative play calling. As I said in an earlier post, this is AU football for the foreseeable future. Below mid tier football team in the SEC. 

Just don’t have a QB that can execute at a high enough level. TJ is just too inconsistent and his ball placement on the last two throws was not good

Nope, having a QB that can't hit the broadside of a barn cost us the game.

This loss lies at the feet of Brian Harsin keeping Finley in all game. He is very inaccurate with his throws and his wind is like a damn antique grandfather clock. Yes the officiating wasn't good but on this day and scoring 13 points on offense is as awful as it gets. Honeymoon period for this coach is beyond over for me. His stubborness is gonna have his ass in the unemployment line, unfortunately probably going to owe him money too. This is beyond painful watching this offense this year, the worst.

Edited by The Defiant
  • Dislike 2

Can we call all FBS teams and ask them to contact TJ to gauge his interest in transferring.  He is not an SEC caliber QB.  Would be average for lower tier teams like Troy, Georgia St., Georgia Southern.  If he is the starting QB coming out of spring, we are in a world of hurt and there will be a lot of fans that will tune out.  Harsin has got to be dying inside at their ineptitude on offense.  This game would not have even been close if we had just a decent offense.

Sucks man. Season sucked and the team sucks. We are going to have to hit on QB's and OL in the portal. Only chance at this point and I'm not getting my hopes up

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If Finley starts next year, Harsin's seat will be blazing hot next December.

It’ll be blazing hot in September. TJ Finley is garbage. I doubt he would start at Vanderbilt.