* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

Well this game stayed the course for the end of the season. Another disappointing loss. Almost but not quite.....maybe Harsin can use that for his next lame slogan. 

• Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, AUGnome said:

So do we blame Finley for that last throw that hit the receiver's hands like we did Nix? I'm confused 🤔

If he could have hit wide open receivers earlier it wouldn't have mattered.

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What a disaster . On par with being as bad as 2012 . 

Not that bad, but yeah a rough season.

Here is to hoping next season is the beginning of an long era of Auburn Dominance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

How do you let Tank get 8 yards then not hand him the ball again??? That’s bad coaching 

Makes you wonder if Bobo was just the fall guy. They can say Harsin is changing the culture at AU and he very may be doing that, however, I see a lot of similarity between him and Gus. This team was just flat out stale today, especially on the offensive side. I am just glad this season has come to an end. 

• Like 1

While I don’t believe you fire a coach in the first year unless the wheels just completely come off, I’m unimpressed by this staff and don’t think Harsin is the right guy. 
Still I hate it for this team because this loss wasn’t on anyone in orange and blue. At least 6 momentum shifting bad calls in the second half, two players ejected for not targeting, and a BS touchdown for them to pull ahead. As bad as we looked through the game, this one was stolen by the morons in the striped shirts. Conferences HAVE to get a hold on this bad officiating. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Are you impressed ? Seriously ? s***ting the bed 5 games in a row. What is your measure of a good season ? Take us to school 

Needs to go back to school to learn to spell *imbecile*. Lol. 

Not sure why he’s intent on calling everyone here idiots for calling it like we see it. Lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin will get his time, but I’m not at all impressed with what he’s done this season.

5 losses in a row.  This loss to a team that gave up 42 to USF.  I understand that the talent not there on Offense. Forget about 2021, focus on improvements for 2022. But I can’t seem to get on the side of the posters who don’t want to lay ANY of the accountability on Harsin or Mason.  Today we watched bad playcalling, for the most part.  Yes, overthrows and drops, but still horribly pedestrian.  Regardless, we just finished the season with five straight losses, and the Mississippi state meltdown was beyond unacceptable

I by no means blame Harsin for this loss.  But he and this staff need to reevaluate this entire program, including self evaluation in decisions and approach this year.  This year was a gimme year. Next year will not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

spin.gif.a997dbbd2f38012553a2c3201efb77fe.gif

I'm trying to find a positive spin after this game...I got nothin!

Well, the season is over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Ball game. Defense did enough to win, offense continued to crap the bed. 

More or less the story of our season, especially the 2nd half of it.

• Like 1

Just now, AUStew87 said:

Makes you wonder if Bobo was just the fall guy. They can say Harsin is changing the culture at AU and he very may be doing that, however, I see a lot of similarity between him and Gus. This team was just flat out stale today, especially on the offensive side. I am just glad this season has come to an end. 

We simply aren't good on offense.  Its really not hard.

2 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

To everyone who complained about Bo. Hope you are happy.

Bo was injured. He would not have played regardless. 

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

Auburn hasn't finished under .500 since 2012 and we all know how that season ended.

Well I am pretty sure that Harsin called the 2 ill-advised bomb attempts when we intercepted UH at the 50 and a 3 point lead. But, no we don't try and achieve a few first downs and add to the momentum. Harsin cannot look to the press box and fire the OC because he has already killed that sacrificial goat! I am all for being aggresive, but only when you can back it up with results. JMHO

• Like 2

Simple…poor execution from the QB position cost us the game. The overthrows, underthrows, and just plain misses. Love the kid but he is is missing the “it” factor to be a big time SEC QB. Maybe he gets it after more repetitions but I am not too optimistic he can play any better than he has shown the last 3 games, including today

• Like 1