* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

Sorry friend but Bo made little difference. Same ole chit today minus the toxicity that came with Prince Bo. The problems are players all over the offense and a little on defense. A higher standard across the board is only thing that will change this. In player personnel and coaching. We’ve all seen better it’s just been a minute. Go watch some ole Auburn games of the 80’s 90’s and 2000’s. Auburn better hurry though. Times a ticking.  

I'm not his biggest fan, but Bo absolutely makes a difference.  He adds mobility, escapability, and is a more accurate passer.  His ability to extend plays saved our asses a lot and masked line issues.  With Bo, we probably win the USC and Bama games.

• Like 7

Just now, au302 said:

Two questions. Can Austin Davis teach guys how to throw a deep ball, and can the next QB please throw a freaking pretty deep ball. If Bo and TJ could've done that, this season wouldn't have been as horrible. Frustrating

Along with the fact that we gave up game losing drives the last 3 games. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Was that not him out there today? Looked an awful lot like his throws out there. 🤷‍♂️ I’m just glad we didn’t lose to Ga state.

Bo wishes he had Finley's cannon.

But the accuracy is sadly similar in many ways

• Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not his biggest fan, but Bo absolutely makes a difference.  He adds mobility, escapability, and is a more accurate passer.  His ability to extend plays saved our asses a lot and masked line issues.  With Bo, we probably win the USC and Bama games.

No doubt. 

4 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Simple…poor execution from the QB position cost us the game. The overthrows, underthrows, and just plain misses. Love the kid but he is is missing the “it” factor to be a big time SEC QB. Maybe he gets it after more repetitions but I am not too optimistic he can play any better than he has shown the last 3 games, including today

I do agree. He is missing the 'it" factor and is too erratic. Almost tentative at times and as a result is unable to execute.

Sure we seemed to have been cheated by the refs on UH last drive, BUT we had our chances to day and did not produce.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Two questions. Can Austin Davis teach guys how to throw a deep ball, and can the next QB please throw a freaking pretty deep ball. If Bo and TJ could've done that, this season wouldn't have been as horrible. Frustrating

A consistent deep ball threat opens the defense up a little more. Keeps them a little more honest. Teams stacked the box on us all year because our passing game is so weak. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe so. Still think him moving on is best. We shall see. 

8 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

5 losses in a row.  This loss to a team that gave up 42 to USF.  I understand that the talent not there on Offense. Forget about 2021, focus on improvements for 2022. But I can’t seem to get on the side of the posters who don’t want to lay ANY of the accountability on Harsin or Mason.  Today we watched bad playcalling, for the most part.  Yes, overthrows and drops, but still horribly pedestrian.  Regardless, we just finished the season with five straight losses, and the Mississippi state meltdown was beyond unacceptable

Our defense has been doing absolutely everything it can. They shut Bama down, and they shut down Houston. This whole “Mason needs to be accountable “ crap is getting ridiculous. Mason fielded an SEC defense. Harsin and Bobo fielded a high school offense. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Well I am pretty sure that Harsin called the 2 ill-advised bomb attempts when we intercepted UH at the 50 and a 3 point lead. But, no we don't try and achieve a few first downs and add to the momentum. Harsin cannot look to the press box and fire the OC because he has already killed that sacrificial goat! I am all for being aggresive, but only when you can back it up with results. JMHO

Did you watch the rest of the game? The "bomb attempts" have as much chance of working for us as any other play. Hell, we havent picked up a 3rd and short by running in 3 years it seems. If you can't see the problems with players executing, you're blind. Every play is a bad play when the players do not execute the simplest of things.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

You may be right…..but Bo had his chances, he had his share of issues.  He decided not to stay at Auburn. Good luck at Oregon. 

this team has more issues than just QB. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Along with the fact that we gave up game losing drives the last 3 games. 

Of course, but there would be a lot less pressure on the defense 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Our defense has been doing absolutely everything it can. They shut Bama down, and they shut down Houston. This whole “Mason needs to be accountable “ crap is getting ridiculous. Mason fielded an SEC defense. Harsin and Bobo fielded a high school offense. 

People complaining about the defenses just show how clueless they are 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

For a meaningless bowl game I’m surprised some people are outraged and irate at the outcome.

Mason is showing why he’s the guy to lead our defense, and he’s going to deliver a masterpiece.

The playcalling was great. If the execution was average, we win by two or three scores. @Brad_ATXis correct when he said the offense is this bad. Plays were creative, but we can do squat when we can’t block, protect, pass, or make timely catches. It is what it is. I still like the direction of this program with the recruiting class coming in. Gotta give Austin Davis a chance and hope we can get gems from the transfer portal and we’re set to compete in 2022.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, tigerrules said:

You may be right…..but Bo had his chances, he had his share of issues.  He decided not to stay at Auburn. Good luck at Oregon. 

this team has more issues than just QB. 

1000% we have more issues than just QB.  Bo isn't a savior and I'm honestly glad he's leaving.

But as I said, a healthy Bo has us 8-4 and in a better bowl.  Is what it is.

Time to move forward.  Excited to see if we bring in a QB transfer and who takes the reigns next year.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I quit this board . I’m done . Never again 

I just wish @AUwentwould join you in the message board portal....

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

. This team was just flat out stale today, especially on the offensive side. I am just glad this season has come to an end. 

Of course it’s going to be stale when you call (the ones I remember) four plays where the receiver is running wide open and behind, that’s behind the defense, and the pass is not even close to catchable.   Even with this offense, Bryce Young would have thrown 5 touchdowns today if he were wearing blue today.   

• Like 1

The way I see it is average playcalling with horrendous execution. Some play calls were. WTF! Others were bad execution. We have to get better on the offense beginning with the QB. Some of it falls on coaching if a QB overthrows every. Freaking. Time. I'll be sure to attend A-day and see who/ how good QB 1 is before attaching hopes or attending games