* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

1000% we have more issues than just QB.  Bo isn't a savior and I'm honestly glad he's leaving.

But as I said, a healthy Bo has us 8-4 and in a better bowl.  Is what it is.

Time to move forward.  Excited to see if we bring in a QB transfer and who takes the reigns next year.

We are in complete agreement sir. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Our defense has been doing absolutely everything it can. They shut Bama down, and they shut down Houston. This whole “Mason needs to be accountable “ crap is getting ridiculous. Mason fielded an SEC defense. Harsin and Bobo fielded a high school offense. 

Mason—a few good games, a few bad games.  Decent scoring average, lots of yardage. (400 yards today, not a shutdown by definition)   On the year—Moderately high percentage 3rd downs conversions allowed. Nothing tremendous.  Mediocre D stats.  And a losing record. But yes, he had a couple of good games

• Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

1000% we have more issues than just QB.  Bo isn't a savior and I'm honestly glad he's leaving.

Time to move forward.  Excited to see if we bring in a QB transfer and who takes the reigns next year.

1000% agree with everything here.

Except "reigns."    It's "reins."  

:big:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PDub said:

What about the end around to the TE?

One call, and we all have the benefit of hindsight to judge every call. So if it does not work it’s stupid if it does we see it as brilliant. The defense gave the offense every chance to take control of the game. We just did not get the level of execution needed from the QB position. That is where I blame Harsin, I mean we have all seen the TJ movie before, at least put Davis in during a real game situation and see what he could do. 

• Like 1

I’m back you bunch of babies . Sore losers . I couldnt stay away . What did I miss?? Oh yeah another Rudy Poo loss by chief Tater and the Tigers . 

im so pissed 

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, DAG said:

People complaining about the defenses just show how clueless they are 

Especially when you factor in how many defensive players we were without today. We held them to their lowest points scored of the year. Not sure how people are focusing on the defense as an issue today. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Whoever the QB is that agrees to come stand behind this clown show of an Oline is too dumb to have my respect. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I quit this board . I’m done . Never again 

Don’t be like that. It’s just the gosh dang Birmingham Bowl. Have a ice cold Coke. You will feel better. Or a whiskey. Or both. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

That, no doubt, will be an extremely important piece of being able to help make the transition

• Like 1

I supported Bo a d Coach Harsin when he came. Why do we have quarterbacks on scholarship  if they cant come in if needed. Finley clearly not the quarterback. His size is great but cant run. Inaccurate passer and very nervous feet. If all the others are worse than him I wish we wouldnt have accepted Bowl bid. Defense  did great with substitutes. Why cant our offense? No more words to say at this point. Too upsetting  and tiring.

Just now, MaitlandTiger said:

Mason—a few good games, a few bad games.  Decent scoring average, lots of yardage. (400 yards today, not a shutdown by definition)   On the year—Moderately high percentage 3rd downs conversions allowed. Nothing tremendous.  Mediocre D stats.  And a losing record. But yes, he had a couple of good games

How many starters were out today?

In previous threads I compared TJ to Jeremy Johnson.

I hereby retract those comments and formally apologize to JJ! 😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m back you bunch of babies . Sore losers . I couldnt stay away . What did I miss?? Oh yeah another Rudy Poo loss by chief Tater and the Tigers . 

im so pissed 

OMG you just cracked me up!

2 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Remember, he held them to 17 today without our two best defensive players.

• Like 2

. TJ is relatively young and has potential. The difference in the two is not close Bo would have won the last two games easily. But Bo is injured and gone so that comparison is null and void. It’s possible TJ can develop but I hope it’s not needed. Please raid the portal! 

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

One call, and we all have the benefit of hindsight to judge every call. So if it does not work it’s stupid if it does we see it as brilliant. The defense gave the offense every chance to take control of the game. We just did not get the level of execution needed from the QB position. That is where I blame Harsin, I mean we have all seen the TJ movie before, at least put Davis in during a real game situation and see what he could do. 

I agree and it would possibly have helped future decision-making.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Bo is far more accurate

Bo can be erratic. But generally yes. Aside from 2 games this year, he actually looked pretty good. I’m happy he left though. The fan base flipped on him in a way he didn’t deserve. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

im so pissed 

Thank you for making me laugh for the first time since the kick off. I am also pissed. The good news is, we really have nowhere to go but up

• Like 2

A decent mobile qb with a 60 percent or better accuaracy rate would open so much up for Tank and Hunter. As is, teams will stack up the line and laugh at us when we pass the ball. 

The defense played lights out with substantial missing pieces. Once again we don't have parity on our  offense.  Those saying Bo would have won the last two games are accurate. But he would have also lost to Georgia State.

Just now, MaitlandTiger said:

Thank you for making me laugh for the first time since the kick off. I am also pissed. The good news is, we really have nowhere to go but up

It can be a lot worse than a 6-7 season. See 2012.

53 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yup.

The reason the "hope you're happy" Bo thing made me laugh is because of the logical fallacy. I know you understand this, but for the benefit of others, the fact that TJ was so bad today doesn't mean that we should've been satisfied with Bo. We might've jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire, but the whole point of that expression is that the frying pan was already less than ideal.

Hey @TigerHorn, with your no-contributing downvoting ass, hope this helps. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t know how anyone would be…he’s a functioning set of brain cells in Lane Kiffin from having no good wins and a season that wouldn’t have even been able to reach the lofty Birmingham Bowl expectations

He deserves at least two more seasons, but I doubt he’ll get that second if we get this again 

I'm bullish on the Arkansas win. I think that was a really good win. On the road and we looked fantastic TBH. It's hard for people to see because all people look at is wins and losses and the 5 game losing streak cloud's people's judgement but this season was so close to being a 9 win season in spite of very marginal talent at every position on offense besides RB. We just didn't have the talent to close game's out. It's not like we were getting annihilated every game. We just found a way to lose in the most painful way possible each game. We just need to upgrade the talent immensely on offense and FINISH. Going to take a couple of year's though. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2