* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

I thought the playcalling besides 1-2 boneheaded calls were fine. In fact, I wish CBH would’ve just taken over from the start. With that being said , a lot of work needed next season on the offensive end. The defense is bad in a good way. I won’t judge too harshly until I see what he can do this off season with his players. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

I can´t see TJ being anything other than maybe a serviceable backup QB. And that´s if our O-line and receivers improve drastically. He misses way too many easy throws, doesn´t seem to read coverage well, and still throws into heavy traffic. 

In his defense he doesn’t have time to read coverage. But I’m not convinced he’s going to be too good if he gets time. 

• Like 1

It's been a consistent theme that the offense has sucked for 4 years now, since 2018. Coincidentally, that's the year there was a massive talent drop off. Bobo was not great and has never been great at play calling. I thought Harsin had more creativity today but he's handicapped since we can't run.

That's what it comes down to. Getting better offensive players that can block, throw deep balls, etc. Every OC out there will make a few poor calls a game. It's teams that can execute. I'm not absolving Harsin at all. He inherited a mess on offense, but it's on him to fix it

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're right.

Coaches intentionally played the worse player 

You’d be surprised who gets to play sometimes.  I saw DD in the spring game. He has what it takes. Finley wasn’t getting it done.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Offensive talent problem. Not coaching problem. I thought everyone knew that and it was obvious.

It is obvious but not everyone knows it! That's what makes this place so "fun."

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Remember, he held them to 17 today without our two best defensive players.

I hear you. I love our boys, just frustrated. But this was the Houston, (struggled to beat East Carolina) we gave up 400 yards, they blew holes open, that I could drive a truck through, and plenty of explosive passes over 20 yards, it wasn’t a masterpiece. I am a “glass is half full” guy myself, but it was no defensive masterpiece against a team that plays in a lower competitive set.  

Just now, jj3jordan said:

You’d be surprised who gets to play sometimes.  I saw DD in the spring game. He has what it takes. Finley wasn’t getting it done.

Yeah he lit it up vs walk ons. Killed it with a 35 yard pass with all his arm strength 

Harsin is an idiot.  O can't remember how many times this year we ran a running back to a receiver position and then run h back into the backfield and then try an end around.  Talking about stupid.  Ron Tatar salad white says you can't fix stupid and I don't know why you harsin apologist continue to try to fix stupid.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, cbo said:

Man CBO you are one of my favorite posters on here I love your smack talk 🤣 keep it up brother. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On offense we got a couple of great backs, some good looking TE’s, one pretty good receiver and not much else.  The O line play is atrocious and the QB play is horrible.  Obviously Bobo was not the problem the offense was as bad today as it’s been all year.  If Harsin does not make some major changes by bringing in some talent on the O line and get the QB situation sorted out he ain’t gonna last long.  This is a mess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

It can be a lot worse than a 6-7 season. See 2012.

Been a rabid Auburn Tiger since I got to school in 1989, and  2012 was the only year that I ended up not being able to watch all of the games. I just couldn’t do it. Caught a couple of first quarter’s, then quit watching. And I wait all year for our Auburn Tigers to take the field

2 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Coming from @McLoofus, the living embodiment of quantity does not equal quality. Sorry I hurt your widdy biddy feelin's bro. I gave you another downvote to help you toughen up some. 

@McLoofussh**s posts better than this one. My life is worse for having to read "Sorry I hurt your widdy biddy feelin's bro"

• Haha 4

Just now, cbo said:

Just imagine if we had a Nathaniel Dell on our roster. One legitimate playmaker could have easily won us 2-3 more games. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Just don’t go to these game threads. This is the first one I have been to all year and I realize I have made a mistake. 

Nah, these threads are why I'm a jolly alcoholic

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I thought the playcalling besides 1-2 boneheaded calls were fine. In fact, I wish CBH would’ve just taken over from the start. With that being said , a lot of work needed next season on the offensive end. The defense is bad. I won’t judge too harshly until I see what he can do this off season with his players. 

DAG watch out now you spitting facts we can't do that here. 🤷🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

@McLoofussh**s posts better than this one. My life is worse for having to read "Sorry I hurt your widdy biddy feelin's bro"

Well, you got the part with the asterisks right. Good to know Mc's Daddy is on here too. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Just imagine if we had a Nathaniel Dell on our roster. One legitimate playmaker could have easily won us 2-3 more games. 

Completely agree. That's what gives me some hope for next year's O. It shouldn't be too difficult to improve the talent by hitting on a couple transfers. I do hope we get a transfer QB. 

Just now, autiger88 said:

DAG watch out now you spitting facts we can't do that here. 🤷🤣

I know I am sure I will be called an apologist lmao 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Just left the game and had no service to voice my displeasure. I don't think I've seen a worse official hosing since the 2018 LSU game.

I should be ashamed of the things I yelled at the refs... I assure you I am not.

Officiating doesn't matter if we execute on offense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

Just hope that DD gets the chance to play or he will be gone after Spring. I would think that through today's game, he has stayed the course knowing because Bo is gone and he has at least an opportunity.

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah he lit it up vs walk ons. Killed it with a 35 yard pass with all his arm strength 

DD literally could not have done worse than TJ today. Sorry. This was the floor. Why not try something different. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Offensive talent problem. Not coaching problem. I thought everyone knew that and it was obvious. We just do not have the good players besides RB on that side of the ball. Which also neutralizes our RB talent.

Plays were there all year. The actual play calls are not the problem. I don't get why fans first reaction is always blame the coaches. When guys are open and the play is wide open but the execution is bad? Yah that's on the player's. Coaches can only do so much.

Situational awareness. When you need to burn time and wear out their defense, you don’t go long 2 of three downs when your RB is hitting them hard. That’s coaching. Now if TJ hits those passes, this is all moot. But playing craps at that time of the game was not in our favor. We are just not there yet. Coaching.