* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just imagine if we had a Nathaniel Dell on our roster. One legitimate playmaker could have easily won us 2-3 more games. 

Wouldn't matter. He was wide open in the flat all day.

1) We don't call plays like that, and 2) Our QB would have overthrown him by 5 yards.

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Man CBO you are one of my favorite posters on here I love your smack talk 🤣 keep it up brother. 

Thanks, I'm glad I've found a few people who can tolerate me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just imagine if we had a Nathaniel Dell on our roster. One legitimate playmaker could have easily won us 2-3 more games. 

Maybe?  Someone still has to get the ball to him.

6 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

On offense we got a couple of great backs, some good looking TE’s, one pretty good receiver and not much else.  The O line play is atrocious and the QB play is horrible.  Obviously Bobo was not the problem the offense was as bad today as it’s been all year.  If Harsin does not make some major changes by bringing in some talent on the O line and get the QB situation sorted out he ain’t gonna last long.  This is a mess.

I agree with your thoughts for sure.

Just now, AUght2win said:

DD literally could not have done worse than TJ today. Sorry. This was the floor. Why not try something different. 

Legs at the QB position would have blown this game wide open.

• Like 3

Just now, cbo said:

Completely agree. That's what gives me some hope for next year's O. It shouldn't be too difficult to improve the talent by hitting on a couple transfers. I do hope we get a transfer QB. 

No doubt. We need players on the offense in a big way. We are near the bottom of the league in offensive talent, IMO.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Been a rabid Auburn Tiger since I got to school in 1989, and  2012 was the only year that I ended up not being able to watch all of the games. I just couldn’t do it. Caught a couple of first quarter’s, then quit watching. And I wait all year for our Auburn Tigers to take the field

The 2012 team quit. And yes, it was painful to watch and I gave up too. I try not to think about that season much but 2008 wasn´t much better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

In his defense he doesn’t have time to read coverage. But I’m not convinced he’s going to be too good if he gets time. 

He underthrew at least 2 5-yard passes though. And on that last (5-yard) 4th down pass, he rifled it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Coming from @McLoofus, the living embodiment of quantity does not equal quality. Sorry I hurt your widdy biddy feelin's bro. I gave you another downvote to help you toughen up some. 

You got me on the quantity v quality thing! But I'm afraid you were off on the rest. 

May the new year provide you ample opportunity to be passive aggressive and useless. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

DD literally could not have done worse than TJ today. Sorry. This was the floor. Why not try something different. 

All anyone has to do to shut us up is put the guy on the field and see what happens

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

Wouldn't matter. He was wide open in the flat all day.

1) We don't call plays like that, and 2) Our QB would have overthrown him by 5 yards.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe?  Someone still has to get the ball to him.

I was considering a healthy Bo Nix when I said that. 

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

It is obvious but not everyone knows it! That's what makes this place so "fun."

It’s a given that we have an offensive talent issue. That’s why coaches coach around it. Today, we did not coach around it. I realize there’s only so much he can do, but when your short game is wearing them out, you don’t bail them out by going long and missing twice in one series.  

50 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Saw something similar in the iron bowl end of regulation. 

You know, the similarities are ironic.  Or not…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

All anyone has to do to shut us up is put the guy on the field and see what happens

I’m not usually a call for the backup kind of guy. But when you aren’t really playing a starter, what would it hurt!

• Like 1

Deep ball, deep ball, deep ball. Gonna keep preaching it. Neither QB this year could hit them to save their life outside of a couple by Bo. Hit those and we score more points plus the offense gets respected more by the defense, opening the run game a bit. We missed 3-4 today

Folks, I believe that the players are out there that can help us. The Coaches just have to find them and be able to genuinely convey the opportunity to play. That is a tough one in getting a player to believe your scenario.

54 minutes ago, japantiger said:

OK, this is 100% on Harsin.  After this game, I am convinced Bobo was doing what he was told.  This game was winnable; play calling is responsible for this loss.  

Is this a copy and paste from the Gus threads?   Please don’t start another multi million dollar OC experiment.  

Hard to tell how much was they play calling or the horrible QB play

Edited by GoAU

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

It is obvious but not everyone knows it! That's what makes this place so "fun."

Clearly the talent isn’t there but you CAN coach to your teams abilities.  At least to an extent.  Some (usually) young up-and-comer will take a team of medium talent and will a bunch of big games with them, every year. It appears our coaches refuse to do that; stubbornly trying to fit the round peg in the square hole.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

It’s a given that we have an offensive talent issue. That’s why coaches coach around it. Today, we did not coach around it. I realize there’s only so much he can do, but when your short game is wearing them out, you don’t bail them out by going long and missing twice in one series.  

It personally drives me crazy when people complain about calls that would have resulted in huge gains or TDs if executed properly. That's the very definition of a good play call. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I’m not usually a call for the backup kind of guy. But when you aren’t really playing a starter, what would it hurt!

Im reminded of all those ppl who screamed, "You can't pull Hurts!  He's 28-2!"

Just now, cbo said:

It personally drives me crazy when people complain about calls that would have resulted in huge gains or TDs if executed properly. That's the very definition of a good play call. 

Right ? Coaches need to coach around it! Well he was doing that and guys were not making the basic plays. Imagine if these players made the simple plays just 50% of the time? Lol

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Clearly the talent isn’t there but you CAN coach to your teams abilities.  At least to an extent.  Some (usually) young up-and-comer will take a team of medium talent and will a bunch of big games with them, every year. It appears our coaches refuse to do that; stubbornly trying to fit the round peg in the square hole.  

I just don't know what the O coaches are supposed to do in this particular case. QB can't throw, OL can't run block. 

Just now, cbo said:

Calling a play right up the middle and whipping the other teams ass is a “good play call”. Unless you can’t whip the other teams ass. 
It’s all relative.