Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

When you can’t do basic things like line up and convert on a 3rd and 1 versus what should be a lesser team then you start taking chances and making questionable decisions to find something that works.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

When you can’t do basic things like line up and convert on a 3rd and 1 versus what should be a lesser team then you start taking chances and making questionable decisions to find something that works.

We found something that worked. Tank had 160 total yards. We threw two bombs when we should have been in our 6 minute offense. 

• Like 6

I said that back when we hired him.  He is from the Mountain west conference and he had no idea about plsycallig.  If he had called more playaction passes on first down would have made a difference but that idiot from the mountain west conference doesn't even know what a play action pass is.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 4

Just now, passthebiscuits said:

I would give you every “like” in my Arsenal. Completely agree.

I got burned at the stake after the IB loss. But idk how to spin this after we lose the EXACT. SAME. WAY. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Actually the possession you are talking about was great play calls.   The first down call was beautiful.   The receiver was open 5 yards behind the defense and the pass was 10 yards off the mark. The plays called are plays that are made to get points, not to run clock.  It’s the same in the Alabama game.   7,9 or 10 minutes left in the game is not the time to go conservative when only leading by one score.  
Even as bad as Auburn’s Oline is, if Auburn had 5 other SEC quarterbacks playing for Auburn instead of their current team, I would say that three or touchdowns would have completed today .  

This is hilarious. "If we had better players we would have won." A good coach understands his players' strengths and capabilities. TJ didn't have the capability to make those plays today. Terrible decisions.

But hey, if TJ was Peyton Manning, it would have worked. So it was actually a brilliant call.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 5

I like Harsin and I know it’s just 1 season but more fans should be more critical of him or we’ll stay mediocre for longer than we should. He’s an offensive coach who’s offense struggled, specifically in the 2nd half.

And yes I know these players aren’t “his guys” but what the offense showed is disappointing 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

It’s obvious that you aren’t ready to have a discussion but only want people to come on your topic and agree with you. 

you mentioned that tank had 160 total yards, 68 of that was passing yards.   Running him 3 straight times isn’t going to guarantee an Auburn win.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

This is hilarious. "If we had better players we would have won." A good coach understands his players' strengths and capabilities. TJ didn't have the capability to make those plays today. Terrible decisions.

But hey, if TJ was Peyton Manning, it would have worked. So it was actually a brilliant call.

You do realize that guys out there playing are on a football scholarship?!   The point is they should be capable of making at least a couple of those throws.  What exactly do you want the coach to do?   Let’s hear exactly what you would do?   

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

We couldn't convert 3rd and 2 all afternoon.  And roughly 1/4 of Tank's total came on one play.

Tank had runs today of 10, 8, 8, 15, 32, 4 and 9. He averaged 5 YPC on 19 touches. It was inconsistent but it was there. It was the ONLY thing that was there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I agree, but we did this on that aggressive call against SCAR and this site almost crashed from the melt. We aren't good enough to convert either right now. I liked that 4th and 1 jet sweep call with Johnson

• Like 2

I am curious about all the hate on play calling. I am by no means very good at picking up on stuff, but outside of a few plays I don't remember any play feeling ridiculous. My issues lie in having Finley throw long. He has shown no real proof outside of some flukes that he can throw long. Other than that I felt the plays were not bad. To me it looked like our players (specifically our OL) just could not make things happen. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Tank had runs today of 10, 8, 8, 15, 32, 4 and 9. He averaged 5 YPC on 19 touches. It was inconsistent but it was there. It was the ONLY thing that was there.

He was stuffed in short yardage situations multiple times and our oline was getting pushed into the backfield in the 2nd half, can't run into a 9 man boc when your Oline cant even get a push.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Of course you would say a hall of famer.
I would have settled for Georgia’s though  

• Haha 2

It was not there in the 2nd half.

26 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I'm longtime Anti-Gus. I'm pro-Harsin hire. Don't even start with that. 

But are we ready to admit there are some serious game management red flags with CBH? 

This was almost an exact rerun of Alabama. We completely seized up again in the 4th quarter. 30 total yards. Huge momentum shift with the Wooten INT, similar to the late 4th down stops in the IB. Houston was on death's door.

But the 3 plays following that huge turnover couldn't have been worse. Two bombs. Going away from Tank, who had over 160 total yards.

And of course, DD deserved at least one series today. He couldn't have possibly been worse than TJ today.

The playcalling in non-clutch situations was better. But I don't know, man. The inability to finish games or situational play-call or make personnel decisions isn't going to be solved by the portal or recruiting. Somebody convince me this is a bug and not a feature.

nods.gif

He also had multiple drives of lost or minimal yardage on 1st and 2nd downs, leading to 3rd and longs.  Don't be selective in your arguments.  There was no consistency to be found anywhere on offense today for us to trust late.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2