Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

32 minutes ago, metafour said:

He threw one pass in a literal scrimmage - HE SHOULD START!!

These guys play in practice and do many more things than make one play. The literal talk behind the scenes is that he has not been impressive. I don't know what else to tell you or what you want to hear. This is approaching Joey Gatewood level absurdity.

Do you ever not come off as a know at condescending you and I are a part of the same boards, everything I heard is that he was impressive, had a high football iq, but struggled taking care of the football. I mean you have had a disdain against this kid since day 1 bc of his measureables like you're an nfl scout or some s***. Glad nobody told kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, or Johnny manziel that, sheesh

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Same people complaining about gus, playing not to lose, we had a coach playing to win, it didn't work out, simple as that. We don't have the guys at the moment to do that. If we had handed off to tank 3 straight times and punted too, then what is that?

This so much. At least Harsin tried to take shots instead the old tried and true Gus method of 2 dive plays up the middle into a 9 man box and then a low percentage pass 15 yards to a smothered receiver on third and 5.  At least the guys were getting open on the plays Harsin called.  TJ just missed.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

AND a lack of depth at RB, QB, no returning experienced WRs, you name it.

Oh most definitely. We need better players at a ton of different positions. Namely QB and WR.

For me there’s not a bigger talent gap between us and the rest of the SEC as glaringly obvious as OLine is. That’s just my opinion though. Harsin will live or die by how he can turn this thing on the OLine around. Tom Brady would look mediocre behind this thing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Nah, there were people on here today calling for him to be fired.

Nah he should get at least 3 years in theory. Maybe 4 depending on the situation with Holden

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's going to be a hell of an off season

we are only a couple hours in and the wheels are already coming off

14 minutes ago, metafour said:

He's tiny. His hands are tiny. His arm-strength is at best average (if that). It's a lot to overcome at this level of football. There's a short video of him from the open practice and the ball is dropping several yards on ~15 yard throws. Almost looked like he was throwing at half-speed.

Thank you this is the info I was looking for and I had not watched that video but had heard about it so good to hear what others have been saying is true.

@SumterAubie What I was telling you about earlier.

At times, our defense plays at near elite level.  They’ve been fun to watch when they are clicking.  Honestly though, our offense is so bad it kills our defense.  I’ve watched less Auburn football this season than any season in the last 25 years.  Not sure how much of that is on Bobo, giving Harsin a pass this year but this year only

11 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

He literally took over BSU while on probation.  

That probation didn’t even phase Boise. The train kept rolling. It wasn’t a serious violation 

10 minutes ago, AUwartigerAU said:

Thats only 26 yards rushing.

: /

Hence my earlier point about the 9 man front making it impossible but some people don't seem to understand a 9 man box strongly dictates what you can do with a weak Oline.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Absolutely the case and it’s tiring. You’re here because you’re an Auburn fan, not a Gus fan. Go create your own board or put on some black and gold and find a UCF forum to praise him on. I’ve said this in another post but I’ll say it again. No amount of losses or head scratching play calls will ever make me want Gus back in Auburn. 

Straight facts. I have had Auburn people tell me they have watched more UCF games then Auburn games this year because they just love Gus.  I am bewildered by these people.

• Like 1

I'm a fan and I know better than coaches. EVERY player should see real action in a game. No matter how BAD they look in practice. Practice means nothing. ALL 4 and 5 star rated players are GREAT! Just ask Gus, who recruited a bunch of them that never panned out and left.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Hence my earlier point about the 9 man front making it impossible but some people don't seem to understand a 9 man box strongly dictates what you can do with a weak Oline.

Fact: we could only run the ball well on 2nd and 3rd down tonight.

Anyone know how many rushing yards were gained on 3rd down?

15 minutes ago, metafour said:

He threw one pass in a literal scrimmage - HE SHOULD START!!

These guys play in practice and do many more things than make one play. The literal talk behind the scenes is that he has not been impressive. I don't know what else to tell you or what you want to hear. This is approaching Joey Gatewood level absurdity.

Some of the people on here don't realize that when you are on the team or a person privy to practice every day for one reason or another, you see so much that you just know about certain things and certain guys.  People privy to this will know which QB is the baller and which just doesn't have it. Sometimes you have more than one baller QB and then you feel really good about the program's future. and players know that too.

1 minute ago, AUwartigerAU said:

Fact: we could only run the ball well on 2nd and 3rd down tonight.

Anyone know how many rushing yards were gained on 3rd down?

Sorry, 1st and 2nd down.

15 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Sick burn!

and it keeps on giving

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Auburn was only winning by three points.    Time was not an issue as far as running clock.    

I don't know if it technically violates any forum rules, but I think a post this bad necessitates a ban. Wow. WOW.

6 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

I'm a fan and I know better than coaches. EVERY player should see real action in a game. No matter how BAD they look in practice. Practice means nothing. ALL 4 and 5 star rated players are GREAT! Just ask Gus, who recruited a bunch of them that never panned out and left.

😂... stop you might make some people become self-aware

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Pivoting from a straw man argument to cheesy disses. You’re out of ammo. Noted.

Alright, I'm done. Have a good one my man

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I don't know if it technically violates any forum rules, but I think a post this bad necessitates a ban. Wow. WOW.

Wants the forum all to himself.  :ucrazy:How nice.....

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

😂... stop you might make some people become self-aware

Impossible. See above ^^^^^^^

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Alright, I'm done. Have a good one my man

Same here. I’m honestly exhausted. Common ground I think we can find is we both aren’t happy with the current state of Auburn football, we want what’s best for our program, and we hope we can get this turned around ASAP.

And that I was right. 👀

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Don’t know if you’re trying to be obtuse on purpose or you’re just naturally that way. Me saying  I don’t care about defense alignments was in reference to the argument you made about our running game being ineffective in the 4th quarter. You said the running game wasn’t working and I showed the proof that you have no idea what you’re talking about. It’s ok to admit when you’re wrong, but instead your rebuttal is a strawman argument about defensive alignments, which is pretty telling.

There's a reason didba has 9000 replies in this thread. He's getting pinballed by logic from every other poster on the forum. 

• Haha 1