Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

1 minute ago, weagl1 said:

I am ready to admit that by this time next year we are likely to have a new AD and a new HC.  I wasn’t a Gus fan at all and agree something had to be done but I don’t think this was it.  I really hope I’m wrong.  

Chandler Wooten thinks you are and he played under both coaches.

• Like 6

The coach admittedly stated that he has learned more coaching at Auburn then as a coach or player any where else. What does that tell u. Hopefully he will learn from his first year of OJT in the SEC. Business is about to pick up with Texas and Oklahoma on the way

9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

we know you hate him since he isn't a southern Christian, you have made that obvious from day one

LMAO, I didn't want to come out and say it buuuuut

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Our QB left three TDS on the board, the right play was called, just didn’t execute.

If you know the QB can’t make an accurate long throw then what good does it do to call it? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Chandler Wooten thinks you are and he played under both coaches.

See this is the kind of stuff I am alluding too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

See this is the kind of stuff I am alluding too.

A bunch of our recruits said this exact same thing and pointed to it as a reason for signing with AU.  If our fans will just be patient, I believe we are in good hands.

Could you imagine how bad this fan base would have been towards Dye after year 1 if they had internet back then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

If you know the QB can’t make an accurate long throw then what good does it do to call it? 

Thing is, we don't know that Coach Harsin or another Offensive staffer isn't working with TJ on the sideline, pointing out what TJ is doing wrong and that he just needs to do it like XYZ or do it like you hit it in practice at XYZ, and then they go out and try it when the box gets stacked to 9 men and the downfield throw is getting open because of it.  When the defense presents you that shot by loading 9 into the box, you have to believe in the player to execute it like you have likely seen him do in practice.  You take the shot because its there, open and if he hits it you likely win the game.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

what Is your coaching resume?

This is always hilarious too.

Did you know that being a football coach is actually an extremely common profession. There are 17,000 football teams high school and up in this country. Not counting JV, pee wee, 7 on 7, etc. So 100s of thousands of coaches. Millions of players and former players.

There are some amazing coaches who are truly insightful. And there aren't. Same goes for players and fans.

Football is a wildly popular kid's game. It doesn't require a medical degree to watch, play, or coach. People REALLY need to stop with the "do you even coach bro" thing. 

Lot of coaches in my life that (and I love 'em) can barely tie their own shoes.

• Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

A bunch of our recruits said this exact same thing and pointed to it as a reason for signing with AU.  If our fans will just be patient, I believe we are in good hands.

Could you imagine how bad this fan base would have been towards Dye after year 1 if they had internet back then?

DUDE, my dad was literally just talking to me about how much this year reminded him of Dye's 1st year at Auburn!

• Love 1

Look y'all I know it's a necessary discussion, but we're likely wasting breath on the QB debate. Bo wasn't a good fit and is gone. TJ is not that good, at least right now. DD may be a baller, but he is likely not a fit for Harsin. Both can be true. I'm not sure if Harsin has ever recruited a QB with his measurables and traits.

If we bring in a 1-2 portal guys plus Geriner, the QB room is basically completely overhauled, and likely better

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

we struggled mightily with short passes 2.    U got to call plays, we were just too inconsistent    

Not trying to bash TJ at all as I dont believe in it, nor did I expect him to be playing this yr.   Put in a tough position and played extremely hard

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

DUDE, my dad was literally just talking to me about how much this year reminded him of Dye's 1st year at Auburn!

My buddy and I believe that the Bama game will be remembered long term in much the same vein as Dye's Tennessee "lay your guts on the line" game.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Where is the evidence to support that. Ideally current players and recruits will say that but the numbers don’t support that. Auburn has reached a lot of lows this season with some being the first in history. How is that trending upward 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

I get what u trying to say but the Sec and entire college football landscape has changed since Coach Dye started

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Actually the possession you are talking about was great play calls.   The first down call was beautiful.   The receiver was open 5 yards behind the defense and the pass was 10 yards off the mark. The plays called are plays that are made to get points, not to run clock.  It’s the same in the Alabama game.   7,9 or 10 minutes left in the game is not the time to go conservative when only leading by one score.  
Even as bad as Auburn’s Oline is, if Auburn had 5 other SEC quarterbacks playing for Auburn instead of their current team, I would say that three or touchdowns would have completed today .  

This is the rub. We’ve had poor qb play for a long time. Have struggled mightily with the deep threat, which makes defenses creep up press more. Gotta open them up by connecting on those deep balls. A game manager qb would have won at least half of our losses this year including the iron bowl. 

After skimming through half the pages I know this! 

We are a few hours into the off-season and the wheels are already falling off. Gonna be a fun off season. I hope A-day gives me something to get excited about! WDE!

13 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

1. Don’t admit being one dimensional. 2. Hope you actually connect. 

23 minutes ago, Didba said:

This is such a bad take when Harsin's 2021 was literally a product of Gus's lack of Oline, WR, and QB recruiting/development and retention on all fronts.

The other stuff about "fit" and if they AUfambly likes him I could care less. Especially his personality. He runs a good scheme, has hired a great DC that has worked out, and as soon as he gets a better oline and a QB that can execute his offense we will have a solid program trending upwards

My favorite thing about him is that he did not have previous ties to Auburn. It’s exactly what we needed. He’s also done a nice job of bringing in AU guys and non AU guys. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

This is the rub. We’ve had poor qb play for a long time. Have struggled mightily with the deep threat, which makes defenses creep up press more. Gotta open them up by connecting on those deep balls. A game manager qb would have won at least half of our losses this year including the iron bowl. 

We are a QB that can run Harsin's scheme and an Oline away from a pretty dang good football team. Defense is already trending upwards especially with the guys coming in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

But a game manager would not address the problem of not connecting on the deep passes.

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

My favorite thing about him is that he did not have previous ties to Auburn. It’s exactly what we needed. He’s also done a nice job of bringing in AU guys and non AU guys. 

Agreed. It seems TigerBelle likely wanted a good ole boy southern SEC Retread.  Easily controlled by the PTB just like they like it...

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

But a game manager would not address the problem of not connecting on the deep passes.

Game manager's usually hit the deep passes, do they not? Bama had three solid game manager QBs that were pretty decent deep passer? Sims, McElroy and McCarron?

• Like 1