Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Stick to baseball. Forreal. 

RUN. THE. BALL. Tank was averaging 5 ypc. We needed to kill clock anyway. It isn't rocket science.

Are you really this stupid?   Yards per carry?   It’s the worst stat to make your point.  You’re right, it isn’t rocket science, it’s football.   I don’t think you have ever played it.   Stick to cheerleading 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, PUB78 said:

Not convinced that Harsin is an SEC quality coach.

Based on what LMAO. he was dealt a 2 and a 9 in texas hold em by Gus.  this team has massive talent deficiencies because of Gus.  Hard to do better with what he was dealt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Didba said:

IMO, I think TJ likely hits those fairly regularly in practice so Harsin dials them up thinking all we need is one good throw from TJ and its ball game with how our defense was playing.  Harsin called it 4 times.  Pretty bad execution by TJ to complete it 0 times

You're right. I think Harsin saw we needed a big play to turn things around and long passes are one of the best ways to accomplish that. So I agree with you. I definitely feel execution was the worse side of our offense today. 

• Like 1

I’m 100% in wait and see mode.  It’s tough when you have no OL, no QB, and no WR1.   By 2023 he will have had adequate time to get his personnel in place and do his thing.
On D, we had 3 of our best players out, and then they kicked out the 2 best remaining, and still the defense did their job for the most part.   We’ve seen strides on that side of the ball.  Offense is still putrid.   Better personnel will go a long way there.   We’ll see.  I’m not ready to say he’s our guy, but I’m not ready to kick him to the curb yet either.   Time will tell.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'll admit that I'm pretty pissed about how the last two months have gone. I think the reluctance to run in short yardage "gotta have it" situations is due to the OL being among the worst we've ever seen. We got stuffed more than once today running straight ahead with Tank in 3rd & 2 or less. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

His ball looks like it floats. Drops 3 feet on a 10 yard pass. Just don't see the arm strength on him

I didn't watch the leaked video but that was what I have heard reported on DD's passing. No zip to the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, EagleEye67 said:

The world may never know

Its kinda coming out that he may be a worse passer then Finley.  No zip on the ball.

I'm not ready to admit anything.  Harsin deserves at least 3 years to get the right coaches/players in his system.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, fishepa said:

I'm not ready to admit anything.  Harsin deserves at least 3 years to get the right coaches/players in his system.

Straight facts. Harsin is picking up the pieces from Gus's deficient roster management.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Plays were there and the players on the field were capable of making them and didn’t. I viewed this game more as of here’s your opportunity for many guys so let’s see what you can do. 

TJ- when he had time to throw he made so great throws. The downside I didn’t see that killer instinct that Bo had too much of. TJ would be a great QB for a mid-major but moving to next season the QB battle is wide open

WR play- Hudson is making great strides but has issues separating on the deep ball. Another year in the system and guys coming in I do see this unit improving 

RB- Tank had a great day but let’s not fool ourselves bc he tweaked something in the 4th. No reason to run him into the ground in what’s really a meaningless game

OL play- we all know the issues here and it’s no secret. We need 3 portal guys. If we get the right guys this offense will have a different dynamic next year. If not we WILL be in trouble

DL play- got pretty good push all game just whiffed on key tackle for losses

LB play- as with other games McClain missed we saw how important he was. Who will be guy to step up?

Secondary- Saw improvement from early November to now. There’s also a reason why we are bringing in so many new faces.

For those saying Gus this and Gus that let’s not kid ourselves. I can’t tell you how many bowl games under him that guys just didn’t care to be there. Today wasn’t pretty but atleast the mental focus was there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Based on what LMAO. he was dealt a 2 and a 9 in texas hold em by Gus.  this team has massive talent deficiencies because of Gus.  Hard to do better with what he was dealt.

Im still agnostic about CBH as the long-term answer.  He will have his time to install his system fully and do what he can do.

I'm still puzzled that he wouldnt give DD even a series in an essentially meaningless bowl game after JT decided to spend much of his time giving souvenirs to the 3d and 4th rows of the bleachers, though.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Video leaked from bowl practice showed DD looking worse then Finely throwing the ball. May have something to do with it.

that's not my point. it's time to start asking why are our back ups so ill prepared to come into the game. Every other team seems to have a capable back up ready to go. Hell, how many of those capable back ups came in and lit us up....

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Its kinda coming out that he may be a worse passer then Finley.  No zip on the ball.

meaningless bowl game is a great time to confirm/deny that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shabby said:

that's not my point. it's time to start asking why are our back ups so ill prepared to come into the game. Every other team seems to have a capable back up ready to go. Hell, how many of those capable back ups came in and lit us up....

If the backup that wasn't scouted or recruited by a quality QB developer, simply doesn't have the physical tools to compete at this level then you can't put him in.  If DD really has no zip on the ball it is likely he throws a pick as soon as he gets in the game. 

Everything on offense goes together. If our QB's could hit the streaking receivers just a few times, it takes pressure off the defense and opens up the run game. Receivers improved maybe more than any position group. Still need better talent and more consistency, but guys were getting open. There's a lot of fixable things that can improve if we execute

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Actually the possession you are talking about was great play calls.   The first down call was beautiful.   The receiver was open 5 yards behind the defense and the pass was 10 yards off the mark. The plays called are plays that are made to get points, not to run clock.  It’s the same in the Alabama game.   7,9 or 10 minutes left in the game is not the time to go conservative when only leading by one score.  
Even as bad as Auburn’s Oline is, if Auburn had 5 other SEC quarterbacks playing for Auburn instead of their current team, I would say that three or touchdowns would have completed today .  

But based on past performance and you know there is a very high likelihood that your quarterback will overthrow the receiver but you call it anyway, is it really a great playcall?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Are you really this stupid?   Yards per carry?   It’s the worst stat to make your point.  You’re right, it isn’t rocket science, it’s football.   I don’t think you have ever played it.   Stick to cheerleading 

Goodness gracious. I... that's not a great look.

Just now, EagleEye67 said:

meaningless bowl game is a great time to confirm/deny that

hard disagree. if Harsin puts DD in and then he throws a pick with a wounded duck pass then y'all would be ripping Harsin just as hard.  "how could Harsin put DD out there knowing he has a weak arm..."  I can already picture it on this board.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

But based on past performance and you know there is a very high likelihood that your quarterback will overthrow the receiver but you call it anyway, is it really a great playcall?

Yes, if in practice he routinely hits those balls and all you need him to do in this game is hit one for a TD, especially with the run game getting stuffed in the 2nd half in short yardage situations.

All we needed was one to hit and its likely game.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Goodness gracious. I... that's not a great look.

He is right on his stat point though the rest of the comment may have been a bit unnecessary.

Just now, Didba said:

If the backup that wasn't scouted or recruited by a quality QB developer, simply doesn't have the physical tools to compete at this level then you can't put him in.  If DD really has no zip on the ball it is likely he throws a pick as soon as he gets in the game. 

All of that is teachable. A whole year into the season and you can't coach a qb to put more zip in his throws or teach Finley to put more air in his deep balls to give the reciever a chance to run under the ball. It's time we stop saying the players were just never coachable. The entire message board did this with Willis. if you don't have a single back up qb ready to do a competent job then the problem is not the talent. Its the coaching.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChristoThor said:

I am curious about all the hate on play calling. I am by no means very good at picking up on stuff, but outside of a few plays I don't remember any play feeling ridiculous. My issues lie in having Finley throw long. He has shown no real proof outside of some flukes that he can throw long. Other than that I felt the plays were not bad. To me it looked like our players (specifically our OL) just could not make things happen. 

Did U miss the Shenker around in the red zone. The bombs in the end are good if TJ was hitting them he missed guys by 5 yards or more. In the red zone the non threat on TJ running made the offense very limited . IMO having DD in on one of them couldn’t hurt. The first time in the red zone resulted in no points.

3 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Now that’s the million dollar question.  I can only assume they have no confidence in DD at this point.  

Nice guitar and amp.

From the leaked video of practice with DD throwing he looked to have no velocity is what some people with better QB analysis than me are saying. I am not a QB guy, I only played/coached a little bit of defense so I can't tell as much.

• Thanks 1