Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

25 minutes ago, au302 said:

His ball looks like it floats. Drops 3 feet on a 10 yard pass. Just don't see the arm strength on him

This sounds like his best attribute is his legs and not his arm.  If this is accurate I have my doubts he ever starts under Harsin.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

What would have been better to do? keep running Tank into a 9 man box with olineman getting blown off the ball or hope that your QB can hit just one deep pass for a TD?

I don't know. I'm not paid $5 million/ year to decide what the best thing to do is. 

You were just defending the playcalling by saying that TJ was doing it in practice, and I was responding to that. 

Right or wrong, it obviously didn't work and Auburn has now lost 5 games in a row and has our first losing season in 9 years. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

This sounds like his best attribute is his legs and not his arm.  If this is accurate I have my doubts he ever starts under Harsin.

Too bad we didn't have a meaningless bowl game to test  this theory

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

We couldn't convert 3rd and 2 all afternoon.  And roughly 1/4 of Tank's total came on one play.

20 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Not from me.  If DD aint got it, Im the first to say so.  But I firmly believe that many good/great QBs shine in games when they do not in practice.  Only way to know is to put them on the field.

.......preferably in meaningless bowl games.  I mean, cmon.....this isnt like changing QBs from Hurts to Tua in a game that counts, right?

Maybe that's why Finley had the whole game. Cause it's a "meaningless bowl game" and we need to find out what we have for next year? Just thinking out loud. Harsin will make it or not, but I expected 2 really tough years. This one was close to being pretty good, but I'm afraid the usual suspects will have a field day next year. 

So many opportunities missed today.   The fumble in the first half at the 40 that we had our hands on and didn't get it.  Their first touchdown pass where Jocco Willis was untouched to the QB and missed the tackle.  The interception that we return to the 24, and Smoke gets the PI.  The first half pass to Kobe where he was open for a TD and Finley misses.  The other TD pass to Kobe where Finley throws him out of bounds.  The simple throw to 6 (that he had to stop and snatch off the turf) was a TD with a decent throw.   Both of the deep balls after Chandler's int were open and Finley doesn't come close on either.   it is hard to win when your QB can't consistently throw the ball to open receivers.  I don't think next year's QB1 is currently on the team.   It will either be Holden or a transfer. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, au302 said:

His ball looks like it floats. Drops 3 feet on a 10 yard pass. Just don't see the arm strength on him

That’s doubtful unless he is hurt.  Pretty sure he can throw it a tad bit better than any normal sized 14 year old can do.

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

That TE sweep was soooooo bad.  Agreed with everything else in your comment as well.

I honestly thought that the personnel was messed up and the players just said "#$%^ it let's run it!"

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

That’s doubtful unless he is hurt.  Pretty sure he can throw it a tad bit better than any normal sized 14 year old can do.

While I have not watched it, the leaked video from bowl practice raised questions about DD's throwing ability.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I honestly thought that the personnel was messed up and the players just said "#$%^ it let's run it!"

We will never know, but I hope that, that is the case instead of it being a legit designed TE run...

8 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Maybe that's why Finley had the whole game. Cause it's a "meaningless bowl game" and we need to find out what we have for next year? Just thinking out loud. Harsin will make it or not, but I expected 2 really tough years. This one was close to being pretty good, but I'm afraid the usual suspects will have a field day next year. 

I seriously doubt that a couple of series with Davis would’ve ruined our sample of Finley. And if we truly want to find out what we have for next year, isn’t Davis a part of that equation?

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Of course but there's a huge difference between that and the SEC

Just now, au701948 said:

Amen

Don't amen him, tank was getting stuffed in the fourth quarter and our oline was getting blown off the ball.  The run game wasn't working at that point.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I seriously doubt that a couple of series with Davis would’ve ruined our sample of Finley.

Maybe. My point I attempted to make was that if you weren't really sure what you had at qb, you are now. 

Edited by JuscAUse!

Just now, Didba said:

Don't amen him, tank was getting stuffed in the fourth quarter and our oline was getting blown off the ball.  The run game wasn't working at that point.

true, but the only guy getting JTs passes was

drp.png

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

How do we see the video?

Not sure, several auburn podcasters watched it and mentioned it. Both locked on auburn and the war rapport so I know it exists. maybe on a pay site forum.  I am just repeating what they saw.

Win? Play calls were GOOD! Lose? Play calls were BAD! Practice? Who cares about practice? Us fans want to see every player on the field. I don't care what the coaches saw in practice! :hellyeah:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

Maybe. My point I attempted to make was that if you weren't really sure what you had at qb, you do now. 

But isn’t Davis a part of that “knowing what you have at quarterback” equation?

They better make o-line a priority quick because that's where the game starts and we are terrible there and on the plays that they actually block the QBs have shown they are just as bad. If Davis couldn't get on the field in these last two games when will he ever be able to do so. I'm tired of watching bad QB play year after year after year.