Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I like Harsin and I know it’s just 1 season but more fans should be more critical of him or we’ll stay mediocre for longer than we should. He’s an offensive coach who’s offense struggled, specifically in the 2nd half.

And yes I know these players aren’t “his guys” but what the offense showed is disappointing 

We need to bust Harsins Ass as much as possible. He gets paid millions a year. He can wipe the tears with $100s. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

true, but the only guy getting JTs passes was

drp.png

We were in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

What does SEC have to do with it? You said his ball drops 3 feet on a 10 yard pass.

Maybe I misread on the 14 year old example

I love giving CBH crap, but I honestly didn’t have an issue with his play calling. 

The biggest issue is the elephant in the room that’s been here for the last half decade. Our Offensive line is terrible. It’s hard to get anything going when our line can’t get any sort of push. 

Obviously TJ needs to develop more as a passer. Great arm strength but he struggles with touch passes. Loved watching him stand tall in the pocket. Wished we could have seen DD in the 4th quarter but oh well. 

We need more dynamic receivers. And hopefully Coach Kiseau can teach them to be better route runners. 

Tank is also really good. Just give that man a line. 

1 minute ago, Mustprotect said:

They better make o-line a priority quick because that's where the game starts and we are terrible there and on the plays that they actually block the QBs have shown they are just as bad. If Davis couldn't get on the field in these last two games when will he ever be able to do so. I'm tired of watching bad QB play year after year after year.

It will get better. Harsin is trying to fix serious roster mismanagement by the previous coach.  It takes time to do.

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

Longtime AU fan, I see

Since 1995

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

While I have not watched it, the leaked video from bowl practice raised questions about DD's throwing ability.

Watching the games raised questions about Finley's throwing abilities 🤷🏽‍♂️. At least we know Davis can run if he gets into trouble.

We will really know if OC Davis gets on campus he evaluates DD and says "yeah he isn't it".  That is two separate successful former QBs and Coaches with a record of strong QB development in Harsin and Davis that both say nah to DD

1 minute ago, Mustprotect said:

Watching the games raised questions about Finley's throwing abilities 🤷🏽‍♂️. At least we know Davis can run if he gets into trouble.

I am not a QB guy, just a defense guy so even if I had a ton of film on both I couldn't tell you mechanically which one is better.  I defer to the coaches with years and years of coaching QBs and actually playing QB themselves.

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

We will really know if OC Davis gets on campus he evaluates DD and says "yeah he isn't it".  That is two separate successful former QBs and Coaches with a record of strong QB development in Harsin and Davis that both say nah to DD

If both of those coaches say yah to Finley as is, we hurtin.

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Don't amen him, tank was getting stuffed in the fourth quarter and our oline was getting blown off the ball.  The run game wasn't working at that point.

Getting stuffed in the 4th quarter?? He had one run for a yard and another run for eight yards. Two touches for 9 yards. I hardly call that “getting stuffed”.

Hunter had four touches for 17 yards. Are you sure the running game wasn’t working at that point?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

But isn’t Davis a part of that “knowing what you have at quarterback” equation?

I assume since they have seen him since Bo got hurt, they've seen what they have there, also. But that doesn't mean there is no future. It simply means at this point, the coaches don't think he's ready. I could be wrong. I've never coached an SEC team. 

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

It will get better. Harsin is trying to fix serious roster mismanagement by the previous coach.  It takes time to do.

Out of curiosity what’s is this based on. To my knowledge CBH hasn’t rebuilt a single program to date. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I love when he’s absolved of blame bc of “talent” 

This team has some depth issues that flash at the oddest time, and ofc the OL is butt, but they looked more talented today. Schematically, they just loaded the interior OL…and there were clear counters to that that worked when ran. Off tackle NORMAL runs seemed like they were there every day. A ridiculous amount of long drawn out reverse sweeps and reverses. Maybe he was setting up a PA but that obv never came. Don’t remember many slants or crossers. Flats seemed like they were there more often 

I know it’s hard when you can’t establish the interior run and you don’t know what Finley you’ll get, but he consistently asked TJ to do more than he was capable of doing. Had no idea why we had a drive with TWO 40 yard throws. Yeah they were open, but Finley had shown he couldn’t hit that, man. 

Also, no idea why we didn’t do more TE passing down the field, Shenker shouldn’t be on fing sweeps and bubble screens man lol

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

We’re 3-4 serviceable OLineman and one good QB from being competitive next year. LB play will be wait and see. I could see Harsin pushing the Freshman QB to start. He loves that guy and his skill set. 

Surely very hopeful that the Coaches are able to do just as you mention. There are several if not many of us AU fans that believe that is our next several pieces to being competitive.

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I love when he’s absolved of blame bc of “talent” 

This team has some depth issues that flash at the oddest time, and ofc the OL is butt, but they looked more talented today. Schematically, they just loaded the interior OL…and there were clear counters to that that worked when ran. Off tackle NORMAL runs seemed like they were there every day. A ridiculous amount of long drawn out reverse sweeps and reverses. Maybe he was setting up a PA but that obv never came. Don’t remember many slants or crossers. Flats seemed like they were there more often 

I know it’s hard when you can’t establish the interior run and you don’t know what Finley you’ll get, but he consistently asked TJ to do more than he was capable of doing. Had no idea why we had a drive with TWO 40 yard throws. Yeah they were open, but Finley had shown he couldn’t hit that, man. 

Also, no idea why we didn’t do more TE passing down the field, Shenker shouldn’t be on fing sweeps and bubble screens man lol

All of this right here.

4 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

We’re 3-4 serviceable OLineman and one good QB from being competitive next year. LB play will be wait and see. I could see Harsin pushing the Freshman QB to start. He loves that guy and his skill set. 

Funny. My son played from 6 year old through college. He said that very thing. He loves our D, also. Played LB in college. Doesn't particularly love our current LBers though. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

That’s not how that works and quite a few of us have been critical of him. We just aren’t burning him at the stake like some of you guys want 

Nah I’ve seen a lot of weird excuses for him over this year. His hirings, his firings, a lot of the blame always get shifted on to somebody else.

I’m not trying to burn him at the stake don’t say something I never said I’m a fan of him. There just has to be less posts with orange and blue tinted glasses when it comes to Harsin is all I’m saying

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Surely very hopeful that the Coaches are able to do just as you mention. There are several if not many of us AU fans that believe that is our next several pieces to being competitive.

I’m more worried about getting an Oline than I am about getting a QB. Would love to start seeing some movement on that front soon