Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

2 minutes ago, AU North said:

I really hate that TJ entered the portal last year. Set us back a bit. JMO (which doesn't mean much but it's mine). wde

Yeah I really wish we had that loss to GA state to really progress us instead

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I just don’t get how people don’t see this. It’s very obvious that some posters pick apart Harsin & Co. after every game with a fever they lacked when Gus was here. I’ve had times where I was frustrated with play calling this year but NOTHING beats the past 4-5 years for me. Also it’s not an excuse to say that Harsin is working with far less than a full deck. IMO OLine is the single most important position group on a football field and in my time of being an football fan I’ve never seen anything like this.

A lot of the posters you are referring to were likely huge fans of Gus and didn't want him fired so they started out hating Harsin from the get go.  and some people simply just don't "know" like I have referred to in the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

This is hilarious. "If we had better players we would have won." A good coach understands his players' strengths and capabilities. TJ didn't have the capability to make those plays today. Terrible decisions.

But hey, if TJ was Peyton Manning, it would have worked. So it was actually a brilliant call.

Same people complaining about gus, playing not to lose, we had a coach playing to win, it didn't work out, simple as that. We don't have the guys at the moment to do that. If we had handed off to tank 3 straight times and punted too, then what is that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

There area few people on here, I am convinced, have the last name Harsin. It's the only explanation for some people's takes.

You could switch Harsin to Malzahn and it would be just as true for some tbh

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Just curious, what are the physical limitations you are referring to? As I have read reports that he doesn't have much velocity on the ball. Any truth to that?

He's tiny. His hands are tiny. His arm-strength is at best average (if that). It's a lot to overcome at this level of football. There's a short video of him from the open practice and the ball is dropping several yards on ~15 yard throws. Almost looked like he was throwing at half-speed.

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Just curious, what are the physical limitations you are referring to? As I have read reports that he doesn't have much velocity on the ball. Any truth to that?

I think people are referring to his height. 

Does he have elite zip on the ball? No. But he 247 and scouts had his throws as accurate and catchable. 

35 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

That’s not a culture change, that’s been the norm. We haven’t had fire on our OLine since Gus graduated the 2014 guys. This isn’t a new thing. 

Don't be bringing facts in here, to emotional people. Lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

The lack of talent on the OLine has absolutely cost us a multitude of games spanning a multitude of years. That’s not my opinion. That’s an absolute fact. If Gus would have recruited OLine like he should have he would still have his job today and we wouldn’t be having arguments on whether or not Harsin’s game management cost us a win. It’s literally that simple.

AND a lack of depth at RB, QB, no returning experienced WRs, you name it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, metafour said:

He's tiny. His hands are tiny. His arm-strength is at best average (if that). It's a lot to overcome at this level of football. There's a short video of him from the open practice and the ball is dropping several yards on ~15 yard throws. Almost looked like he was throwing at half-speed.

Yet he threw one of the more impressive deep balls of the spring game, really don't understand your disdain for this kid other than measurables

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

The oline wasn’t the greatest but they did enough to win at least 4 of the last five games . It’s easy to blame them because they  have been identified as the weakest link. There is enough blame to go around for everyone. Average QB play wins the game today. They didn’t cause the over throws, the drops or the now famous tight end around.

The off tackle seemed to be working be stopped doing that as well. So many excuses are being made in which every game Auburn lead but lost. How can there be such a lack of talent but u lead games 75% of the time that resulted in a loss.

I think most of us are offering reasons things went wrong through our analysis, plus everyone has different takes based of their backgrounds and expceriences so people offer them to give others their perspective. I think its wrong to call people doing that "excuses being made for a coach imo". 

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Just learning over here on the job

This is why I initially said he was over his head. The SEC is a far cry from the MWC. Boise State isn’t stuck in between two powerhouses. Boise State was loaded when he took over and he didn’t have to rebuild. Let’s see what he learned and how that translates next season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Did you not see several TB screen plays?   There was several tight-end throws.   When did Gus ever do that?  Seriously, if you can’t tell the difference in play calls you just refuse to look.  

This so much. The schemes being called are vastly different in personnel and design compared to Gus. If you can't tell the difference between Gus's offense and this one you may want to do some light reading into personnel groupings and different offensive schemes.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

I think most of us are offering reasons things went wrong through our analysis, plus everyone has different takes based of their backgrounds and expceriences so people offer them to give others their perspective. I think its wrong to call people doing that "excuses being made for a coach imo". 

U right excuses was a poor choice of wording and will be edited. This is a discussion board with various views

I can't say I know his arm strength but maybe a year in the strength and conditioning program will help DD a good bit. I know right now people will point out Russ Wilson and kylar Murray but you also have to remember these guys had rocket arms in baseball metrics as well. Just because they are short doesn't mean they aren't strong. I don't know if DD is or not. But I do know they both caught the oh so usual dumb stereotype that many QB's get from stupid people

1 minute ago, e808 said:

This is why I initially said he was over his head. The SEC is a far cry from the MWC. Boise State isn’t stuck in between two powerhouses. Boise State was loaded when he took over and he didn’t have to rebuild. Let’s see what he learned and how that translates next season.

He literally took over BSU while on probation.  

1 minute ago, e808 said:

The oline wasn’t the greatest but they did enough to win at least 4 of the last five games . It’s easy to blame them because they  have been identified as the weakest link. There is enough blame to go around for everyone. Average QB play wins the game today. They didn’t cause the over throws, the drops or the now famous tight end around.

The off tackle seemed to be working be stopped doing that as well. So many excuses are being made in which every game Auburn lead but lost. How can there be such a lack of talent but u lead games 75% of the time that resulted in a loss.

Definitely not making excuses, and you’re right, average QB play wins the game today but couldn’t the same argument be made that average OLine play balances out the less than average QB play. Do you remember the 2013 and 2014 seasons? Do you remember what it felt like to not worry about the call on 2nd & 4 because you knew they could line up on 3rd & 4 (at worst) and EASILY convert the third down? We haven’t done that in YEARS dude. YEARS. Nowadays I’ve accepted the fact that we won’t convert a 3rd & 2 and that didn’t start happening this year. My point is that we shouldn’ t have to out scheme a bad OLine and I think some of the questionable plays calls can be tied back to the poor OLine play. They had their moments this season where they weren’t bad. They improved in pass protection IMO. There’s not other excuse for the lack fo push in the run game besides lack of talent. That lack of talent has lead to Auburn not being able to successfully run the football like you need to be able to do to win football games. That’s all I’m saying. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Nah, there were people on here today calling for him to be fired.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yet he threw one of the more impressive deep balls of the spring game, really don't understand your disdain for this kid other than measurables

He threw one pass in a literal scrimmage - HE SHOULD START!!

These guys play in practice and do many more things than make one play. The literal talk behind the scenes is that he has not been impressive. I don't know what else to tell you or what you want to hear. This is approaching Joey Gatewood level absurdity.

9 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Don’t know if you’re trying to be obtuse on purpose or you’re just naturally that way. Me saying  I don’t care about defense alignments was in reference to the argument you made about our running game being ineffective in the 4th quarter. You said the running game wasn’t working and I showed the proof that you have no idea what you’re talking about. It’s ok to admit when you’re wrong, but instead your rebuttal is a strawman argument about defensive alignments, which is pretty telling.

Honestly, at this point I have just been messing with you for the last 2-3 replies for the laughs.

30 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Our running plays in the 4th quarter:

Hunter for 5 yards

Hunter for 8 yards

Hunter for 5 yards

Hunter for -1 yards

Tank for 1 yard

Tank for 8 yards

If you still think Tank was getting stuffed and that our running game wasn’t working in the 4th quarter, then I don’t know what else to say. But you keep doing you!

Thats only 26 yards rushing.

: /

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

A lot of the posters you are referring to were likely huge fans of Gus and didn't want him fired so they started out hating Harsin from the get go.  and some people simply just don't "know" like I have referred to in the past.

Absolutely the case and it’s tiring. You’re here because you’re an Auburn fan, not a Gus fan. Go create your own board or put on some black and gold and find a UCF forum to praise him on. I’ve said this in another post but I’ll say it again. No amount of losses or head scratching play calls will ever make me want Gus back in Auburn. 

• Love 1