The Elite

tomcat

Pretty obvious that Bama and GA are the best of the best. However, the difference is very slim as witnessed by the AU/UA game. Nothing trumps talent, but will, motivation, and coaching go a long way…I’m optimistic about 2022

• Love 2

28 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Pretty obvious that Bama and GA are the best of the best. However, the difference is very slim as witnessed by the AU/UA game. Nothing trumps talent, but will, motivation, and coaching go a long way…I’m optimistic about 2022

I think the difference is pretty large.   Both of them are competing for conference and national championships again while Auburn sits on a losing season. 

Offensively speaking, what gives you optimism about ‘22 based on where we are today?  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, keesler said:

I think the difference is pretty large.   Both of them are competing for conference and national championships again while Auburn sits on a losing season. 

Offensively speaking, what gives you optimism about ‘22 based on where we are today?  

I agree here. It feels we are a million miles away. 

• Like 2

On offense we need a QB and an OL and at least one decent receiver (or one heck of an amazing job of coaching up). We won't be scoring lots of points next year, either. But if Pappoe returns, our D should be pretty awesome!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

I agree here. It feels we are a million miles away. 

Exactly.  UGA has a freaking walk-on QB that makes our QB’s, former and current, look remedial.  It’s bewildering.  And Bammer…  never mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Both teams last night were miles ahead of Auburn in talent, some positions more so than others.

Bryce Young is really good, but not surprisingly, he struggles against pressure, as he did against Texas A&M and Auburn. He'd struggle with our OL and WRs, for sure.

Alabama's third best WR is not nearly as good as Ohio State's third or fourth best WRs.* But their D is much better.

*Heck, their second best WR transferred from Ohio State because he may have only been the fourth best receiver on the team.

Georgia's D is all Seniors and Juniors. Hope they all leave for the NFL. New DC, too. Muschamp?

Edited by Zinzan

2 hours ago, Zinzan said:

Georgia's D is all Seniors and Juniors. Hope they all leave for the NFL. New DC, too. Muschamp?

It is Muschamp. Lanning was CO_-DC with another guy and Muschamp will be made CO_DC to replace Lanning and share DC work with the other guy. The georgia defense will probably get better.