2022 CFP Championship Georgia (- 1-1/2) vs. Alabama

dilligas

Georgia opens as a 1-1/2 point favorite.  Surprising to me after the SECCG, but we’ll see where the line settles out over the next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to pull for the refs. I want both teams to play like garbage and I want the refs to have LOTS of controversial and blown calls. I want the team that loses to feel cheated and the team that wins to feel lucky. Go ZEBRAS!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So are the refs letting any QB that is willing to try to pitch the ball forward upon a sack get away with it now?? The fact that they don't even call intentional grounding when he obviously is just trying to avoid a sack only encourages it imo. Is it just me or does it bother anyone else watching Young get away with this garbage time and time again??

Not watching, don't care. I care less and less about college football outside of Auburn, especially the longer this "rematch" junk continues to happen. Georgia shouldn't even be in, losing a defacto semifinal game in SEC championship. Most games don't even matter anymore.

/Rant

• Like 1

I went to the local 'Gentral a couple hours ago for snackage, and the checkout girl said, "Supplies for the game?"   I said, "Yep.  You gonna watch it?"

She said, "I'm an Auburn fan.  F em both."

LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

89B950EC-8BA5-4D3A-981D-F09EFCB7B297.png

Nothing to see here ....

Move along fellows.

15 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

So are the refs letting any QB that is willing to try to pitch the ball forward upon a sack get away with it now?? The fact that they don't even call intentional grounding when he obviously is just trying to avoid a sack only encourages it imo. Is it just me or does it bother anyone else watching Young get away with this garbage time and time again??

Couldn’t call intentional grounding because he was getting hit when he released it. It wasn’t clear that he wasn’t throwing in the direction of a receiver when he was hit. The ball “could’ve” changed trajectory from the hit.

Here's the whole game video without the inane announcer commentary, but a lot more interesting.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Browning4AU said:

Anyone else think that Bama is the only team in the country that would get that call?

It’s dumb, but it is the consistent call. They require you to give them “adequate space to make the catch”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

It’s dumb, but it is the consistent call. They require you to give them “adequate space to make the catch”

I think he was close, but really any closer than anyone else on punt coverage. Maybe my bias glasses are on tight.