2022 CFP Championship Georgia (- 1-1/2) vs. Alabama

dilligas

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Gonna say a prayer for those of you who live in GA.

I'm one of them. Dear God I hope Bruce and the bb team can help us Auburn fans living in GA. Get us a basketball championship!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm kinda happy for UGA's QB but this sucks to me. I'm use to it with Bama but now our other biggest rival gets to really talk mess to us now that they get a ring. 

We need to get back on track FAST! 

Being realistic just making it to the playoff is a dang miracle with them two and ATM in the way every year. No team has to go through what AU goes through. Pain. They’re all on the upswing and we’re….where we are..We’re hoping for at least 8 wins next year smh.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Being realistic just making it to the playoff is a dang miracle with them two and ATM in the way every year. No team has to go through what AU goes through. Pain. They’re all on the upswing and we’re….where we are..

Yep! Every year we have one the hardest schedules in CFB because our 2 biggest rivals are at the very least in the hunt for a championship. UGA just finally broke through but the path for them has always been there for the most part in my opinion. Now this. It would also be nice if it wasn't always (seems that way) up to Auburn to knock off Bama or UGA. The rest of the SEC needs to do their part. 

It's like dealing with 2 heavyweight boxers in their prime for a long azz time. I just want us to be able to hold our own more times than not and have a shot where if we are contenders every other year or two years. We're capable of that. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Yep! Every year we have one the hardest schedules in CFB because our 2 biggest rivals are at the very least in the hunt for a championship. UGA just finally broke through but the path for them has always been there for the most part in my opinion. Now this. It would also be nice if it wasn't always (seems that way) up to Auburn to knock off Bama or UGA. The rest of the SEC needs to do their part. 

It's like dealing with 2 heavyweight boxers in their prime for a long azz time. I just want us to be able to hold our own more times than not and have a shot where if we are contenders every other year or two years. We're capable of that. 

Heck yeah it has. They pretty much have a cake SEC schedule every year because they play in the East. Imagine if they were in the West, having to play aTm, Auburn, bama, LSU every year. And they got really lucky that Clemson was down this year. 

• Like 1

Didn't watch the game last night, didn't check Facebook, and went to bed early.

Honestly I'm surprised and while I hate that Georgia has finally made it over the hump, I'm encouraged that it might be the last. Kirby Smart broke the covenant. I expect NCAA sanctions on the horizon.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:55 PM, bishoptf said:

Eh I really could care less about either one of them, IMHO if you do not win your championship you should not make the playoff period. Basically they got a do over, so Bama one one and now UGA one the other, but I guess this one counts more, smh. We just saw them play about a month ago, whatever. *smirk*

I can guarantee you if Auburn had the season that Georgia had and then got beat in the SEC Title game like Georgia did, you would be at the front of the line screaming that Auburn still deserves to be in the playoffs. GTFOH with all that crap. If Auburn won the Natty without winning the SEC Title like Bama did in 2011 and 2017 and now Georgia has done this season, are you telling me you wouldn't count it? You wouldn't be happy? I'm no Alabama or Georgia fans at all but I'm also not going to be immature about what they accomplished and act like it shouldn't count. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 8:40 PM, AUGoo said:

AU LBer thrown out of the game for a hit like that.

EB4437A0-F3A6-4E39-9FD7-5C2F2693E920.png

You do know that is photoshopping right? It's been debunked already. Plus, you can go back and watch the replay of the game and go to halftime and watch this part. The ref has nothing on his shoulder. All photoshopped but its unbelievable how many people believe it's real. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I can guarantee you if Auburn had the season that Georgia had and then got beat in the SEC Title game like Georgia did, you would be at the front of the line screaming that Auburn still deserves to be in the playoffs. GTFOH with all that crap. If Auburn won the Natty without winning the SEC Title like Bama did in 2011 and 2017 and now Georgia has done this season, are you telling me you wouldn't count it? You wouldn't be happy? I'm no Alabama or Georgia fans at all but I'm also not going to be immature about what they accomplished and act like it shouldn't count. 

I kind of a agree. If the playoff committees goal is to get the 4 BEST teams in the country then I don't think there is any debate that UGA and Bama belonged in that group. 

You can argue that the playoffs should only go to the top 4 best conference CHAMPIONS, but then that does a bigger disservice to the SEC as a whole since in many years more than 1 SEC team will also likely be one of the best in the nation. You'd then possibly weak teams like a 2 loss PAC 12 champions with a weak schedule getting in over a top tier SEC team, which could include Auburn, that maybe didn't win the championship game against another elite team  

On 1/14/2022 at 11:02 AM, TeamZero77 said:

No I wouldn't, not with a 4 team playoff. Now if they have a larger field and take the top 2 from each conference then that is different but the way things are today, conference championships should mean something, otherwise why play the game.  Thats my take and always has been, conference championships should mean something, like I said the way it is now they are basically 1-1 against each other, based on that they are equal but because UGA won the last game they are NC. I don't like either team but I think conference championships should actually mean something, just my opinion. :)

On 1/20/2022 at 1:36 PM, bishoptf said:

No I wouldn't, not with a 4 team playoff. Now if they have a larger field and take the top 2 from each conference then that is different but the way things are today, conference championships should mean something, otherwise why play the game.  Thats my take and always has been, conference championships should mean something, like I said the way it is now they are basically 1-1 against each other, based on that they are equal but because UGA won the last game they are NC. I don't like either team but I think conference championships should actually mean something, just my opinion. :)

Let's just say that the 4 team playoff was in effect in 2010. We beat South Carolina during the regular season in 2010 and then we faced them for the SEC Title. We were 12-0 and they were 8-4. (South Carolina ended the season 9-5 but won the SEC East). Now let's say South Carolina beat us in the SECCG by 1 point. They're the SEC Champs at 9-4 and we are 12-1 with our only loss being by 1 point. If the Playoff Committee had it setup like you want it with conference champions automatically getting in, then South Carolina would get in at 9-4 while Auburn wouldn't get in because they lost in the SECCG. Is that how you would prefer the 4 team playoff working? Also, if the rules were your way then Utah would get into the playoff this year at 10-3 because they're Pac 12 champs but Georgia wouldn't make it at 12-1 due to not being conference champs. 

I want the 4 best teams in the nation to make the playoffs. If that means 4 BIG10 teams get in or no SEC teams get in, I don't care. Just give me the 4 best teams.