Shenker Returning!!!

Paladin

15 minutes ago, Paladin said:

A great start to 2022! WDE 🦅 JS Shenker

Great news!. Best all round TE/HB ever at Auburn. Lightly regarded recruit from South Georgia has come a long way. Need the right QB, a couple of stud OLs from the portal and maybe an experienced WR as well, and we're set to make a run. War Eagle!!

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Especially on jet sweeps. 

I hope that never happens again 

Absolute best news I could get.  He was such a weapon for us this year

Edited by abw0004

17 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Is it just me or do all of these announcements seem to be very orchestrated. All appear to be AU Digital work and setup very nicely. Would be dynamite to see OP in the next one.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

But we lost 5 in a row...

I'll say it again, it seems like a lot of recruits and players know a little more than some loud whiney fans.

Shocking that such an aloof hard-a$$ outsider coach could retain these guys. 

• Like 2

This transition reminds me a bit of Pittman going to Arkansas. (I’m not talking about history of the two school’s teams). I like to read forums for other teams and there was a lot of mixed opinions about pittmans first year.  He lost a lot of close games (one being Auburn that he should have won). Fans came down on one side or the other after that first year BUT it seemed the players were behind him regardless of the record. I just think the player’s actions are a better tell about the program. Hope I am correct on this one.

Edited by BJCrawford
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

This transition reminds me a bit of Pittman going to Arkansas. (I’m not talking about history of the two school’s teams). I like to read forums for other teams and there was a lot of mixed opinions about pittmans first year.  He lost a lot of close games (one being Auburn that he should have won). Fans came down on one side or the other after that first year BUT it seemed the players were behind him regardless of the record. I just think the player’s actions are a better tell about the program. Hope I am correct on this one.

Hope you right as well.   Need to see someone take a bite out of the Dawgs and the fat red elephant 

well i have come back to the fam for my senior years ........grins

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

All of them could have hit the portal and some the NFL, but opted to return, IMO this says a lot about how they feel about the program.

With the portal available, coaches have to recruit their own star players throughout the season. If the best players don't like what they see and hear they will explore their options. Glad to see these guys returning. 

2 hours ago, autan said:

Great news!. Best all round TE/HB ever at Auburn. Lightly regarded recruit from South Georgia has come a long way. Need the right QB, a couple of stud OLs from the portal and maybe an experienced WR as well, and we're set to make a run. War Eagle!!

Kid was at a tiny private school (played with Steven Williams) before transferring to 7A Colquitt Co. From the same hometown so I’ve followed him a good bit. It’s absolutely mind blowing to see his success. Would love for him to get a shot at the NFL. 

• Like 1