Pappoe Coming Back!!!

Paladin

All joking aside, this is a huge win for us. That we are not losing any of Hall, Wooten, or Jones. Those were the big 3 I was worried about. They will all benefit by coming back and we will really benefit with them returning.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Decent LB

He will play on sundays. If he isn’t injured. 

• Like 2

Defense is gonna be pretty nasty with the d line talent returning and coming in along with Pappoe anchoring the middle and the plethora of DB talent we have coming in. Mason isn’t gonna know what to do with all this talent compared to his time at Vandy 😂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, woodford said:

Epic. Excited to see this defense next year. Will have some serious dudes. 

Now if we can just fix this OL

So true, OL and QB. If we can just get the offense to play at the same level as the defense we will be good. Great news that Pappoe is coming back and hopefully on the field. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

So true, OL and QB. If we can just get the offense to play at the same level as the defense we will be good. Great news that Pappoe is coming back and hopefully on the field. 

I’d say if we could get the offense to play at 75% of the defense it will be good!😬. Very excited about next years D!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

I’d say if we could get the offense to play at 75% of the defense it will be good!😬. Very excited about next years D!

Yes, even that would help. We just CAN'T waste what I think will be a championship caliber defense in '22. It would be a crime to trot out a mediocre offense next year, so whatever it takes, do it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Huge for communication in the front seven next year. My optimism for next season has gone up a bit with the guys coming back.

Defense should be stout. Hopefully the 50 million secondary players we signed pan out too. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Now Wanya Morris is again teasing at that idea of coming here on Owen's Instagram 🙄

I saw this too. What a weird thing to do? Don’t think I’ve seen anyone else do that. Is this just a continuous troll or could there be smoke to it? He has already transferred to UO. 

55 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Everything will hinge on OL and QB....you're dead on. We have to, have to, have to get some dynamic olineman in the portal. I wish I could say I was sold on Finley as the starter, but Im just not. Need a dynamic qb as well. Seems like this has been going on for like 10 years...if we could just get the offense to play at the level of the defense. Maybe this time, I hope. 

Edited by twilli13
  • Like 1

D-B's we have talent returning even though we lost some key players but we beefed up via JUCO and HS signing. D-Line was already set with players who have already announced they were returning plus new players either via HS recruiting or Portal. My one real fear on D was LB we picked up a good one with Woodyard and Powell may be an LB or Edge rusher, with Steiner and Riley we have some solid players but we really needed a stud experienced LB to return. Pappoe is that man. This solidifies our D.  I would still like one more LB and the DB from Oregon who is in the Portal, even with out another LB and DB next years D is loaded and ready for bear.