What do all the guys opting to stay mean to you?

bigbird

Great sign they have bought into the culture that Harsin is instilling.

Bo obviously did not. My wife always pointed out Bo on the sideline and how his interactions on the sidelines were completely different than QBs of the past. It was the Bo Nix show not the team. Harsin obviously does not buy into that crap. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, aucosby said:

Great sign they have bought into the culture that Harsin is instilling.

Bo obviously did not. My wife always pointed out Bo on the sideline and how his interactions on the sidelines were completely different than QBs of the past. It was the Bo Nix show not the team. Harsin obviously does not buy into that crap. 

Your wife is obviously a very smart lady ( just a few “suspect” decisions).

A few things on the returning players:

• Most see what an extra year in the right system can do for them like it did for Derrick Brown.  This leads me to my second point below the sub-point.
    • This can be a risk/reward in itself.  If you do not improve or remain stagnant, it could hurt your stock.
  • These players trust their current coaches to coach them up to be in a better position for the draft.
    • This has always been the case for our defensive players with Steele and his assistants getting the job done, but not for offense.
  • They just want to play one more year after seeing how this year was derailed and don't want to leave their legacy at Auburn in this manner.
    • I am thinking of Owen Pappoe in particular for this one.
  • For Wooden in particular, it would probably be very special for him to have one year to play with his younger brother, Caleb.  This may very well be his last opportunity to do that.

• Like 1

It shows that the players are buying in to Harsin and the culture he is bringing to the program.

Players(most not all) really want a culture of discipline and accountability. The players that respond to this philosophy will be a lot better players in the long run 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Great discussion but I love these two posts back to back. I feel like they cover a lot of ground quickly.

I agree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

By the way…It is pleasant to see a sane discussion here without infighting among the participants. 

We’re still on page 2. By page 4 the names of a former coach and former QB will come up and 46 pages later……….😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We’re still on page 2. By page 4 the names of a former coach and former QB will come up and 46 pages later……….😅

Bo, Gus. Lol

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

karate-drumroll.gif

• Like 2

The players are privy to what's happening within the team, coaches, and staff. Electing to stay vs declare for draft or enter the portal, they must like what they see and want to be a part of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Well of course because what it obviously means is that there weren't enough roster spots at UCF for these guys to get some real coaching.

Just doing my part to ensure there is blood within the firmament.

It's a joke guys. 

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

It means I have a thread to read while deer hunting in the cold. 

20220103_115715.jpg

What are you shooting?   I bought a Christensen Ridgeline 6.5 PRC awhile ago and have been real pleased with it.

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

What are you shooting?   I bought a Christensen Ridgeline 6.5 PRC awhile ago and have been real pleased with it.

308 Savage. I have   6.5 CR that my granddaughter hunts with. Good guns with not a lot of recoil. 

My son has the same Savage.  You know when you pull the trigger on it.  The radial brake on the Christensen makes all the difference.   Good luck.

They see the writing on the wall.... they want to be part of the foundation the current coaches are building.  They believe in hard work and love it.  War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

• Like 1

They have no doubt there’s a huge payoff in the end because of they’re believing in CBH, period!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, au701948 said:

By the way…It is pleasant to see a sane discussion here without infighting among the participants. 

11 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I have no reasons to list but THANK YOU Mr. Bird. Finally a positive topic to discuss.  It's like a breath of fresh air this morning.

We can change that.  Where's Mikey?    :)

• Like 1