Kobe gone

PigskinPat

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

It’s just a word that bothers me. Kinda like the word “moist” bothers some people.

Ahh, gotcha. Totally get that.

I'm definitely defensive about it. I married a girl from Connecticut. 

17 hours ago, DAG said:

After the 2016 Clemson debacle is when a good majority of us started to really question.

I don't think I have ever seen a worse prepared game plan than that game. Gus literally pulled a then 33 year old high school offense book ("Single Wing Offense with the Spinning Fullback", by John Aldrich), and attempted to use it against a top college program with one of the nation's best defensive coordinators. There are a lot of new plays a coach can put in before the first game of a season. But the reality is, a novel scheme rarely overcomes superior talent and coaching. Fast, strong, disciplined players can snuff out a novel scheme. If the time spent on putting in those plays had instead gone towards perfecting existing plays, we might have won that game.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Kinda like the word “moist” bothers some people.

Lol, I never knew this was a thing. I have an employee that freaks out every time someone uses that word….

28 minutes ago, meh130 said:

If the time spent on putting in those plays had instead gone towards perfecting existing plays, we might have won that game.

Thing is, we had a normal offense installed and he installed those plays literally a night or two before the game.

12 minutes ago, fredst said:

Lol, I never knew this was a thing. I have an employee that freaks out every time someone uses that word….

It was only in the last decade or so that I heard it was a thing, especially females. Panties is another one, ironically enough. 

• Haha 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

It was only in the last decade or so that I heard it was a thing, especially females. Panties is another one, ironically enough. 

🤔

• Facepalm 1

Just checking the thread. Can't believe that moist bothers some of y'all. 

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Just checking the thread. Can't believe that moist bothers some of y'all. 

Moist doesn't bother me, but moist does bother some people I know. To the point that I feel like I'm getting away with something just by using the word moist.

Do you know anyone who moist bothers?

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Moist doesn't bother me, but moist does bother some people I know. To the point that I feel like I'm getting away with something just by using the word moist.

Do you know anyone who moist bothers?

Can't say that I do but I live in Mississippi where most Summer days are moist...er...um... humid. 

The thing that bothers me is gum, not the word, but actually chewing it. Not sure why, I just can't stand that people don't discard it responsibly. Weird, I know. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Can't say that I do but I live in Mississippi where most Summer days are moist...er...um... humid. 

The thing that bothers me is gum, not the word, but actually chewing it. Not sure why, I just can't stand that people don't discard it responsibly. Weird, I know. 

Finally, this guy lets his freak flag fly.

I have bad bad bad misophonia and some gum chewers should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. What's weird, though, is that one out of ten actually make a sound that is crazy pleasant ASMR. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Finally, this guy lets his freak flag fly.

I have bad bad bad misophonia and some gum chewers should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. What's weird, though, is that one out of ten actually make a sound that is crazy pleasant ASMR. 

I always get to expand my vocabulary because of you. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

The thing that bothers me is gum, not the word, but actually chewing it. 

Gum smacking and cracking is almost as bad as spitting chewing tobacco juice. My goodness, this thread derail may become the Mother of all derails.  I’m good with that!  Let’s do it. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Gum smacking and cracking is almost as bad as spitting chewing tobacco juice. My goodness, this thread derail may become the Mother of all derails.  I’m good with that!  Let’s do it. 

Spitting tobacco juice on the ground or spitting it into an old Mountain Dew bottle and carrying it around? 

gallery_1_6_4517600.gif

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Spitting tobacco juice on the ground or spitting it into an old Mountain Dew bottle and carrying it around? 

gallery_1_6_4517600.gif

While wearing moist panties?  Sorry, couldn’t help myself. 😉

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

While wearing moist panties?  Sorry, couldn’t help myself. 😉

Be careful now. I am waiting for one particular poster to come in here, raising hell about how offensive this is.

• Like 1

Back to Kobe: 247 just announced that Shedrick Jackson is back for 2022. Happy to hear that news!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Back to Kobe: 247 just announced that Shedrick Jackson is back for 2022. Happy to hear that news!

Indeed. I know a lot of folks didn't love how many looks he got this season but getting his experience and production back is a lot better than not getting it back. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Indeed. I know a lot of folks didn't love how many looks he got this season but getting his experience and production back is a lot better than not getting it back. 

Yes. His and Kobe’s stats are amazingly close. He had 40 catches to Kobe’s 44 and both had over 500 yard and a 13.2 yards per catch. We now return 10 of our top 13 pass catchers, as opposed to losing 3 of our top 4. Big difference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Heck why not that make Jackson #1 in the pecking order now at WR 😊

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Ahh, gotcha. Totally get that.

I'm definitely defensive about it. I married a girl from Connecticut. 

What does she say? Has she learned to say y’all?

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yes. His and Kobe’s stats are amazingly close. He had 40 catches to Kobe’s 44 and both had over 500 yard and a 13.2 yards per catch. We now return 10 of our top 13 pass catchers, as opposed to losing 3 of our top 4. Big difference. 

Man, I didn't realize he had that many catches. 

Also, we saw a few guys way further down the list look very active in the bowl game. We're still reading the instructions for Jet Johnson, Javy Johnson and Dawson. And I'm convinced that King will be a red zone nightmare. Like, he could legit be our not fat Kelvin Benjamin. And the new guys coming in, star power or no, are Harsin's guys. 

Looking at the distribution among our pass catchers this season, I'm really encouraged. The raw numbers aren't there because of *reasons* but only 11 catches separate WR1 and WR4/TE1. That is... different. 

• Like 2