Kobe gone

PigskinPat

Yeah, there is no need to judge or condemn any body that leaves/is removed from the team. Things happen. People make mistakes. It’s life. Whatever the case, I appreciate Kobe for the time he spent here and I hope he can grow from this.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

It isn't just a portal decision. 

You're right. If it were up to him, Kobe would still be on the team at AU. 

Just now, bigbird said:

You're right. If it were up to him, Kobe would still be on the team at AU. 

That's why I'm curious to hear what he did. I won't actually condemn anyone. I just want to know whether to be pissed at Kobe or Harsin, and to what degree.

Just now, AUght2win said:

That's why I'm curious to hear what he did. I won't actually condemn anyone. I just want to know whether to be pissed at Kobe or Harsin, and to what degree.

Why would you be pissed at Harsin

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why would you be pissed at Harsin

Like I said, I just want to know details. Kobe is clearly pissed and feels wronged, which is the reason he's being vocal about getting booted, not wanting to leave, and saying Harsin didn't understand him in his IG post. I want to know if that's pure BS from Kobe or if there's some truth to it.  

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Allegedly...   how many QB wideouts has nick signed?   id rather sign waddle, ruggs, Julio, etc.   Wideouts vs QB to transform into wideouts. 

Usually the QB in high school is the best athlete on the field and could play many other positions better, but is pushed into playing QB, not surprising if they don’t make it at QB in college or the pros they can usually assume another position and be very good at it. Just saying.  

• Like 1

Like I said, I just want to know details. Kobe is clearly pissed and feels wronged, which is the reason he's being vocal about getting booted, not wanting to leave, and saying Harsin didn't understand him in his IG post. I want to know if that's pure BS from Kobe or if there's some truth to it.  

You’ll know shortly if others follow his lead. 🤔

If we have learned anything by now of how Harsin operates, it’s that’s he will not address these type of things in the media.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You’ll know shortly if others follow his lead. 🤔

We already know the lead many are following is to come back for another year when they have options.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

If we have learned anything by now of how Harsin operates, it’s that’s he will not address these type of things in the media.

Of course not,  but I'm betting we'll hear some sort of scoop on it.

Just now, AUght2win said:

Of course not,  but I'm betting we'll hear some sort of scoop on it.

Just may not be the correct scoop. No way to know. That’s why I’m leaning on Harsin’s judgement in the situation.

He was one of the most improved players. He had 7 receptions for 70 yards and 0 TD's as a true Freshman in 2020. In 2021 he was the leading receiver with 44 receptions for 580 yards and 4 TD's.

Hate it that this is how his career ends at Auburn. I hope he does well wherever he ends up next season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

You must not like to be included with a crowd.

I’ve read this like ten times and don’t know what you’re saying lol. But I’ll take a stab—I’m an introvert, yes.

Guys... this is my fault, I drove back to Houston from Alabama today...

• Haha 2

the more folks that don't want to do what is expected of them the better off the team will be in the long run. 

41 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I just want to know whether to be pissed at Kobe or Harsin, and to what degree.

You don't have to be pissed at anyone. People make mistakes, don't see eye to eye, things don't work out. Happens all the time at every organization. 

I do agree with you it sucks and is a blow to the offense, which currently can't take many. And it's pretty surprising the way Kobe is choosing to speak out publicly. 

• Like 6

I am pleasantly surprised how reasonable everyone is being. No one has bad mouthed Kobe. There have been no knee jerk reactions regarding the coaches.  Those New Year resolutions are working so far.  😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I am pleasantly surprised how reasonable everyone is being. No one has bad mouthed Kobe. There have been no knee jerk reactions regarding the coaches.  Those New Year resolutions are working so far.  😂😂😂

Golf isn't around so that helps...a lot

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Probably just emotions. Not often a guy immediately admits he screwed up and deserved the boot. Harsin's Boise culture seems pretty black and white and cut throat. 

• Like 1

From what I read, Harsin is (gently) nudging guys that don't fit his vision of the future off the team essentially. Kobe supposedly isn't the only one 

I'm just finding out about this now, so Idk if something's been reversed or progressed even more, that's just the first thing I saw and it seems like it's already been mentioned in here

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Probably just emotions. Not often a guy immediately admits he screwed up and deserved the boot. Harsin's Boise culture seems pretty black and white and cut throat. 

Idk man. Getting kicked off a team as a leading receiver isn't just something that happens on a whim or because of a spat. Unless there were prior incidents we didn't know about and Kobe was on his last strike. 

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

Kobe also doesn't appear to be admitting he deserved it at all. The opposite.