Kobe gone

PigskinPat

IF (if) it is a case of Harsin literally kicking the guy out the door, that's not gonna tract well I imagine lol 

I just want folks to be receptive to every scenario instead of living in a "what did Kobe do" mindset 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

People give these kids too much credit. Kobe is like 20 years old. He’s a knucklehead  like just about every other 20 year old on planet earth. Of course he feels wronged and like he’s the victim. He’s 20! Didn’t you guys know that young guys are always right? Jeez.

He probably screwed up and now he’s having to pay for it. That’s a good thing. These guys still have to be held accountable. They shouldn’t just have complete autonomy to do whatever they want. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

IF (if) it is a case of Harsin literally kicking the guy out the door, that's not gonna tract well I imagine lol 

I just want folks to be receptive to every scenario instead of living in a "what did Kobe do" mindset 

That’s the thing some conclusions are made and we don’t know crap . The only thing we know he isn’t on the team any more and he is upset. There could be a plethora of reasons but we probably will never know unless Kobe says something. After he cools off he might decide against it and let it be. Like I said earlier its one thing to be known as a troublemaker but this came out of left field. 
This just seems really odd. Especially with TJ and Simpson IG post.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

known as a troublemaker but this came out of left field

He was benched a couple different times at Troup for attitude issues if I remember correctly.  

3 hours ago, cbo said:

Wow. Our best WR. I literally just posted on the recruiting forum about how fun the transfer stuff is. This is decidedly not fun!

This one hurts. Not that Bo didn’t, but this one hurts.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

From what I read, Harsin is (gently) nudging guys that don't fit his vision of the future off the team essentially. Kobe supposedly isn't the only one 

I'm just finding out about this now, so Idk if something's been reversed or progressed even more, that's just the first thing I saw and it seems like it's already been mentioned in here

There’s two more that’s being floated out there. One of them is DD, but we all know he’s already said that’s nonsense.

2 hours ago, e808 said:

Respectfully. What’s wrong with that. Allegedly QBs make great receivers. Hines Ward , Cobb , Edelman and Logan Thomas to name a few

It was just the latest way to bring “Gus” into every post on the board.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Kobe also doesn't appear to be admitting he deserved it at all. The opposite.

That's my point. How often do guys admit they deserved it. Not surprised he's sour about it. 

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I would take all 3 incoming freshman over all of our wr's at this point.

Yeah, those guys who have never played or get to play are always better than the ones that have, especially the QB's.

• Like 3

A real head scratcher. A player, especially a starter no less, really has to work hard to get booted on a Jan 2nd or 3rd when nothing is going on and the season just finished. The details will surface eventually.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, au302 said:

That's my point. How often do guys admit they deserved it. Not surprised he's sour about it. 

That's MY point. He could have gone on quietly without letting anyone know he was booted. The point in him saying what he said was to voice that he felt he was wronged.

"I'm from the south, he's from the north, he doesn't understand me." Kobe is clearly putting the blame on Harsin and making a point to do so publicly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It was just the latest way to bring “Gus” into every post on the board.

I mean Kobe’s Story was still being written . His stats are comparable to Waddles Sophomore and Junior years . Smith went off his last year. Julio was the only one really good from the jump and all of them had better quarterback play

Auburn for the most part has been bring  your lunch pail and hard hat and we gonna smack u in the mouth with some throwing sprinkled in here and there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

That's MY point. He could have gone on quietly without letting anyone know he was booted. The point in him saying what he said was to voice that he felt he was wronged.

"I'm from the south, he's from the north, he doesn't understand me." Kobe is clearly putting the blame on Harsin and making a point to do so publicly. 

The interesting part is people were joking about it but now it seems to be a real thing. Just based on the tweet with no other information .

20 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Guess what I was trying to say is how often do players that have been kicked off not feel wronged, even if they really were in the wrong? I agree that I'd like to hear what went down. Surprised Kobe told on himself, but college kids do crazy stuff

59 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s the thing some conclusions are made and we don’t know crap . The only thing we know he isn’t on the team any more and he is upset. There could be a plethora of reasons but we probably will never know unless Kobe says something. After he cools off he might decide against it and let it be. Like I said earlier its one thing to be known as a troublemaker but this came out of left field. 
This just seems really odd. Especially with TJ and Simpson IG post.

there's clearly, at least in certain players' minds, a belief that roster spots are being threatened for non-obvious reasons and things that we the public shouldn't be aware of. 

That is the only peak through the curtain we can really talk about with any validity, not this theory Harsin is purging the roster of malcontents that don't have any record of being that. You'd have to either have utmost faith in the head coach and none in the players' side OR you've never seen examples of other head coaches lightly pushing players they didn't want out, which is something our rivals have certainly done before. 

hell just last page some guy used a rumor that Kobe supposedly clowned TJ after the bowl game to fuel his view point on Hudson. And then you got TJ as one of the main guys going to bat for Hudson. We're forming conclusions on nothing man

• Like 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, e808 said:

I mean Kobe’s Story was still being written . His stats are comparable to Waddles Sophomore and Junior years . Smith went off his last year. Julio was the only one really good from the jump and all of them had better quarterback play

Auburn for the most part has been bring  your lunch pail and hard hat and we gonna smack u in the mouth with some throwing sprinkled in here and there.

Ugh. Don’t compare Waddle and Smith to Hudson. Waddle and Smith’s stats may look similar to Kobe’s because they literally played with 3 other first round picks. Just… come on. I loved Kobe’s progression from last year to this but this is nonsense. And Waddle literally broke his ankle his junior year. Smh. 

Kobe’s has potential and talent, but he definitely does not possess the route running abilities, the explosiveness, or consistency of just catching. Just stop. Yes it’s a bummer we lost a good talent but don’t make this absurd comparison. You’re better than this.

And to answer your statement, Alabama still was a 55-45 pass to rush offense during Kiffin’s and Sark’s years running a lot of 12 personnel, so it’s not like they were just airing it out to their receivers. Smh. 

I’m just flabbergasted by this comparison

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Taco said:

There’s two more that’s being floated out there. One of them is DD, but we all know he’s already said that’s nonsense.

DD seems like the most obvious one to everyone except DD. Unfortunately for himself, I think the kid and his family are just cut for a cloth too loyal for the way SEC football goes, esp when you have coaching turnover. 

For one, you have them willing to even take in Zach Calzada over the guys we have on roster currently. That says alot about alot. Even if he's a backup option...still says he's higher in viability than who you have currently in 2022. Dee's gonna be on equal footing after 2022 with Holden, and will likely still be behind whoever the transfer is. 

My perspective has nothingggg to do with this arc that's going on, and in fact, it probably says something with him still having a scholarship to be here with the way the tea leaves have appeared, but if he did get nudged out, I hope he'd understand the long game and not just short-term feelings 

12 minutes ago, Taco said:

Ugh. Don’t compare Waddle and Smith to Hudson. Waddle and Smith’s stats may look similar to Kobe’s because they literally played with 3 other first round picks. Just… come on. I loved Kobe’s progression from last year to this but this is nonsense. And Waddle literally broke his ankle his junior year. Smh. 

Kobe’s has potential and talent, but he definitely does not possess the route running abilities, the explosiveness, or consistency of just catching. Just stop. Yes it’s a bummer we lost a good talent but don’t make this absurd comparison. You’re better than this.

And to answer your statement, Alabama still was a 55-45 pass to rush offense during Kiffin’s and Sark’s years running a lot of 12 personnel, so it’s not like they were just airing it out to their receivers. Smh. 

I’m just flabbergasted by this comparison

That’s why I said his story was still being written. You already know what they did. Smith actually got specialized training to help him get better. 

We don’t know what Kobe’s end game would be. Different quarterbacks and different systems. We will never know now. So it’s a moot point

Edited by e808
Typo

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s why I said his story was still being written. You already know what they did. Smith actually got specialized training to help him get better. 

We don’t know what Kobe’s end game would be. Different quarterbacks and different systems. We will never know now. So it’s a moot point

Sigh

• Haha 2

Might be he got a severe dressing down / ultimatum. Might be he went a little too far emotionally and his ego said "I'm done, been kicked off" even though that isn't what actually happened... Anyone with insider info actually know he's been booted? Might be the coaches are trying to help him get his mind right even now. Social media is a blessing and (mostly) a curse. I'm just thinking of the "tank is leaving" meltdown here. Is there fire behind this smoke, or is it an emotional kid doing what feels natural to him (emoting on social media instead of his family/friends)?

Time out. Y'all understand federal laws prevent Harsin from disclosing (without players/students prior permission) the reason Kobe was kicked off team for MANY scenarios, right? Remember Cam toying with idea of owning UF after their "honor board" leaked info?

Edited by aucanucktiger

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You dont know many 18-22 year old guys do you? Every one of them is "me against the world" and many dont believe in following anybody's rules. That makes many of them uncoachable, no matter what their talent level is. Why knows what happened. What does it matter? (it doesnt). The parting shot at the end of his post tells me all I need to know. 

The same posters doing the most lol. Good luck Kobe. We will continue on Auburn. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, e808 said:

We don’t know what Kobe’s end game would be. Different quarterbacks and different systems. We will never know now. So it’s a moot 

Aren't the players off till Jan 11th? That's when winter workouts begin. Seems odd for this to happen during this off period. Unless it's been brewing awhile

• Like 1