Kobe gone

PigskinPat

Part of the process is getting messy at times. I wish him the best but I also pray he finds peace within himself. There are rules for a reason.

Good luck KH. 

19 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Not a happy circumstance for whatever may have been the cause.

Maybe not for him but I can bet you next week's paycheck that somebody on that team maybe even a lot of people in that program is glad that he is gone.

1 hour ago, zeroforwinger said:

I think in the end we all lost because Season 8 was so terrible. 

i thought the last season was fine as martin did not help much providing things he was supposed to for the last books. what i found shameful was how dark most of the last season was. and i think arya was supposed to be the big dragon killer.

11 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Maybe not for him but I can bet you next week's paycheck that somebody on that team maybe even a lot of people in that program is glad that he is gone.

Yes, with probably over 150 people in and around the program from players to coaches to support staff, there was probably somebody that didn't like him. 

• Love 1

uburn leading receiver Kobe Hudson says he was ‘kicked off’ team

By Tom Green | tgreen@al.com
3-4 minutes

Auburn’s offense for 2022 was dealt a major blow on Monday.

Kobe Hudson, the team’s leading receiver, posted a farewell to Auburn on Instagram on Monday evening and later said in a since-deleted post on his Instagram story that he “never wanted to leave Auburn ever” but was “kicked off the team.”

Read more Auburn football: Auburn football 2022 projected scholarship chart

Auburn defensive tackle Dre Butler enters transfer portal

Bryan Harsin motivated, encouraged about future at Auburn

“To my Auburn family, my first two years of college have been nothing short of amazing,” Hudson wrote in the caption of his Instagram post. “It was a dream of mine since an adolescence to play in front of Jordan-Hare. My whole motive when I came to Auburn was to be the best I could be on and off the field. To all of my teammates, yal (sic) are my brothers and I love yal (sic) guys for life. He from the north, I’m from the south, he don’t understand me. [Five] out!”

Hudson led Auburn in receptions, yards and touchdown catches this season. He finished the year with 44 receptions for 580 yards and four touchdowns, all career-highs. The former four-star prospect out of Troup County, Ga., was in line to be a major piece of the Tigers’ offense moving forward after solidifying himself as the team’s top option in the passing game this season.

With Hudson’s departure, Auburn is set to lose each of its top-three receivers from this past season, barring Shedrick Jackson utilizing a fifth year of eligibility. Along with Hudson and, until he says otherwise, Jackson, the Tigers are losing grad transfer Demetris Robertson, who was the team’s third-leading receiver and exhausted his final year of eligibility this season.

Tight end John Samuel Shenker, who announced last week he will return for a sixth season, is now set to be the team’s top returning option in the passing game. Shenker had a record-setting season this fall, setting the program record for receptions and yards by a tight end, with 33 catches for 413 yards. He was the first tight end in school history to post a season with at least 30 receptions and 400 yards.

Shenker aside, Auburn’s top returning receiver in 2022 is set to be Ja’Varrius Johnson, who 19 catches for 274 yards and a pair of touchdowns this fall. The Tigers have no other returning receivers with double-digit receptions.

Hudson is the ninth departure from the team since the end of the regular season. Starting quarterback Bo Nix, running back Shaun Shivers, reserve receiver Elijah Canion, offensive guard Tashawn Manning, defensive tackle Dre Butler, defensive lineman Caleb Johnson and defensive backs Ahmari Harvey and Ladarius Tennison all previously entered the transfer portal.

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. I sometimes ask my children if they want to have a good day or a bad day, and tell them that the choice is theirs. And it's true, if I've properly communicated my expectations and have been consistent in implementing them. Sometimes I'm not and I have to apologize to a got danged 3 year old. Embarrassing. 

I don't care why Kobe Hudson is gone. I only care about replacing that production next year. I feel like Landen King might have just become one of the most important players in our offense in 2023. 

Not relevant to the thread, but this is not embarrassing in the slightest, this is wonderful. You're teaching them that accountability is important no matter the power dynamic, and that strength includes the flexibility of being able to bend neck when it is warranted. Good on ya.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

why the facepalm SRB?

7 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Not relevant to the thread, but this is not embarrassing in the slightest, this is wonderful. You're teaching them that accountability is important no matter the power dynamic, and that strength includes the flexibility of being able to bend neck when it is warranted. Good on ya.

More appreciated than you'd believe, and due in no small part to who said it. My wife and I like to think that, no matter how quickly we're turning into our parents, it's something that we would have appreciated and that we hope our kids will benefit from. 

Thank you again for the kind words. You clearly understand the value of positive reinforcement, lol. 

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i thought the last season was fine as martin did not help much providing things he was supposed to for the last books. what i found shameful was how dark most of the last season was. and i think arya was supposed to be the big dragon killer.

It was supposed to be dark. Dani was supposed to become the mad queen. It just happened too quickly. 

I won’t try to convince you that Season 8 was crap. If you enjoyed it, more power to you. I agree that they didn’t get any help from Martin, who is the real culprit in all this. Just write the damn books. Ugh but I digress. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, with probably over 150 people in and around the program from players to coaches to support staff, there was probably somebody that didn't like him. 

and my money is on the head honcho 

It’s not for you, it’s for the content.  When “other folks” process someone it’s back page news if you’re lucky.  When AU processes someone… JABA city baby.  I hate that it wasn’t handled more internally and discretely but it is what it is. 

If he was indeed kicked off, I'll trust that there was great reason until further news comes out.  Sounds like some Seth Williams kind of attitude.  Harsin is creating an ecosystem, and anything that threatens it apparently will be cleaned out swiftly.

1 minute ago, kennypowers said:

Harsin is creating an ecosystem, and anything that threatens it apparently will be cleaned out swiftly.

This. Doesn't mean Harsin didn't like Kobe or that anything particularly egregious went down. 

I mean, no matter what anyone thinks of Bo Nix, that was a 3-year starter with no major off-field issues and freakish athletic ability who a head coach with no viable backup or starter going into the next season just let walk. 

Now we've got our top WR with no previously mentioned issues suddenly in the portal and saying he didn't want to be.

Nobody was ever able to figure out for sure why Canion and Capers couldn't get on the field. Certainly no rumors of off-field stuff as far as I know.

We fired a WR coach 4 games in.

I don't know what Harsin's expectations are, but like you said, they seem inflexible. I'm not going to draw any conclusions beyond that. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

It’s not for you, it’s for the content.  When “other folks” process someone it’s back page news if you’re lucky.  When AU processes someone… JABA city baby.  I hate that it wasn’t handled more internally and discretely but it is what it is. 

Sounds like it may have started discretely. Kobe changed that narrative on Instagram 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is being reported that Antonio Brown is being suspended and NOT fired/cut in Tampa. Maybe, hopefully, Kobe can be reinstated with some real come to Jesus conversations. 

6 hours ago, ChrisH said:

You dont know many 18-22 year old guys do you? Every one of them is "me against the world" and many dont believe in following anybody's rules. That makes many of them uncoachable, no matter what their talent level is. Why knows what happened. What does it matter? (it doesnt). The parting shot at the end of his post tells me all I need to know. 

I've seen very few kids publicly, voluntarily, admit they were booted. In fact, Kobe is the only one I've seen. Usually players are booted and don't say a word, as they have some awareness that they were in the wrong. You can automatically dismiss this but it IS different. If it isn't, find me another instance of a social media blowup from a booted player. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

May be a few more in the next week or so, just a FYI

How many have we had leave compared to other teams not in a coaching change? If this is the post-TP norm for everyone then I guess I can tolerate it.

Same dynamic of very optimistic about defense, very pessimistic about offense. Could easily change in either direction depending on further additions/subtractions…

Edited by AUwent

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

There is no discernible value other than nosiness for fans to know specifically why someone gets dismissed from the team. 

That could be said for 99% of the information fans want about a football team. Technically it's none of our business how in-home recruiting visits go or what guys we are in contact with in the portal. 

Don't selectively shame people for being interested in news that greatly affects the team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

It is being reported that Antonio Brown is being suspended and NOT fired/cut in Tampa. Maybe, hopefully, Kobe can be reinstated with some real come to Jesus conversations. 

That's cancerous 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That could be said for 99% of the information fans want about a football team. Technically it's none of our business how in-home recruiting visits go or what guys we are in contact with in the portal. 

Don't selectively shame people for being interested in news that greatly affects the team.

Getting kicked off the team is a negative action for the player and his family. If he wants to let us know why, he can and will. In-home recruiting visits and going into the portal are generally understood as fair game for reporting purposes. But my apologies for those who may feel shamed by my post. 

Edited by Gowebb11

47 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

The coach jumped out the window and said he wasn’t a part of the team. Management was like “hold up buddy.”

50 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

You can't compare what goes on in the NFL and college sports.  They have a union, and money is always involved. 

THe NFL constantly reinstates guys who do wrong. Just check out the WR with Cleveland who has been suspended like 6 times but continually is reinstated.

Harsin too, has a different mentality. If you as a player don't want to be with the team or shows that, then Harsin doesn't want you on the team anymore.

Hudson seems to fit that criteria. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, selias said:

He's looking for another reason to rip on CBH

Part of his "100% support" is ripping CBH every chance he gets. It's just his tough love......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3