Kobe gone

PigskinPat

25 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Part of his "100% support" is ripping CBH every chance he gets. It's just his tough love......

giphy.gif

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Part of his "100% support" is ripping CBH every chance he gets. It's just his tough love......

Kind of strange that your only contributions to this board are striking down any criticism of CBH.

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Kind of strange that your only contributions to this board are striking down any criticism of CBH.

Is what I said inaccurate? Tough love?

25 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Is what I said inaccurate? Tough love?

The premise is inaccurate. Your entire mission on all these threads is "how dare you question a coach?!". Nobody is above reproach or question. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The premise is inaccurate. Your entire mission on all these threads is "how dare you question a coach?!". Nobody is above reproach or question. 

CBH is.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

CBH is.

When it comes to HIS team as it should be, I would be disappointed if he wasn’t.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

When it comes to HIS team as it should be, I would be disappointed if he wasn’t.

So many on this board can be so hypocritical. When we complained about Gus' offenses, recruiting, and anything else over his tenure, did we have this "it's his team, don't criticize his decisions" attitude?

CBH *should* run the team however he sees fit and he *should* be able to do it without any outside interference. But fans should also be allowed to feel however they want about it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

So many on this board can be so hypocritical. When we complained about Gus' offenses, recruiting, and anything else over his tenure, did we have this "it's his team, don't criticize his decisions" attitude?

CBH *should* run the team however he sees fit and he *should* be able to do it without any outside interference. But fans should also be allowed to feel however they want about it. 

I have been pretty consistent about coaches.  The first 2 and 1/2 years of Gus’ tenure I supported him 100% and then when things started to unravel with some of his decision making I was critical.  I will allow CBH the same courtesy.  I am sure there will be things I don’t like in 2 and 1/2 years or so.

I believe any coach should be able to run his program and CBH is one of the few that have been able to do that at Auburn without any perceived outside interference.  That is a good thing.  He will be able to succeed or fail by what he believes is the way to run a program.

If you want to get ahead of things and start criticizing him after one year without seeing the good (changing the culture, players returning, good recruiting and possible transfer portal players to improve our depth), have at it.  It’s a free world.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Many of us gave Double Bubble a couple years before getting all over him for his shortcomings.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have been pretty consistent about coaches.  The first 2 and 1/2 years of Gus’ tenure I supported him 100% and then when things started to unravel with some of his decision making I was critical.  I will allow CBH the same courtesy.  I am sure there will be things I don’t like in 2 and 1/2 years or so.

I believe any coach should be able to run his program and CBH is one of the few that have been able to do that at Auburn without any perceived outside interference.  That is a good thing.  He will be able to succeed or fail by what he believes is the way to run a program.

If you want to get ahead of things and start criticizing him after one year without seeing the good (changing the culture, players returning, good recruiting and possible transfer portal players to improve our depth), have at it.  It’s a free world.

I think CBH should be given a minimum of 3, maybe a full 4, before any decision is made. And there has been a lot to like in year 1 from the 6-2 start to player development to the recruiting finish. I just don't know why some can't acknowledge when bad things do happen with a new coach. Or in this case, just QUESTION what is happening. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, selias said:

Many of us gave Double Bubble a couple years before getting all over him for his shortcomings.

I'm behind CBH, just not going to act like every move he makes is correct or a net positive for the program. That doesn't make sense to me.

Rules and expectations are in place for reasons.  If they can not be followed there is no reason to continue to try to build a relationship after almost a year.   I am sure several more will be moving on in the next couple of days, that choice may not be theirs, just like many of the players who have left in the last year, but they will move on more gracefully.

this might be the biggest life lesson that Kobe will learn and it may lead him to a very successful future.  At that time he will realize who to thank.  Every choice he makes has consequences and it is his choice that creates those and not others actions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, selias said:

Bingo.

28 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I'm behind CBH, just not going to act like every move he makes is correct or a net positive for the program. That doesn't make sense to me.

Criticize all you want. I'm here to cheer you on.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

100%

On day 1 every year, I told my guys, both in  my classes and in the fieldhouse, choices have consequences, good ones get rewarded and bad ones get punished. I don't care which they choose, it's completely up to them 

Of course you care. People that don’t care have no rules and never teach discipline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Yes the first two to three years i would argue 9/10 posters here was 100% for Gus and his way. After the 2016 Clemson debacle is when a good majority of us started to really question. Be nice if CBH could get the same , especially when it seems logical. There is no reason for anyone to be overly critical of CBH dismissal at this juncture. There is hardly any information out there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

Yes the first two to three years i would argue 9/10 posters here was 100% for Gus and his way. After the 2016 Clemson debacle is when a good majority of us started to really question. Be nice if CBH could get the same , especially when it seems logical. There is no reason for anyone to be overly critical of CBH dismissal at this juncture. There is hardly any information out there. 

Part of the reason I'm so curious about this Kobe situation. Will tell us a lot about the level of discipline being instituted. All we know is what Kobe did wasn't criminal.

• Like 1

SIAP......

Writer on TOS said that from his knowledge he was told that Kobe wasn't living up to the standards set in the program and that issues have been there going back to spring. It wasn't necessarily one issue that just happened. He was told his scholarship wouldn't be renewed and KH then decided to transfer.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Part of the reason I'm so curious about this Kobe situation. Will tell us a lot about the level of discipline being instituted. All we know is what Kobe did wasn't criminal.

A little bit of information would go along way. Then u have TJ and Simpson post that makes it all the more strange. All the previous players that were dismissed u knew of there issues. I guess everything is close to the vest. Oh well moving in

6 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

SIAP......

Writer on TOS said that from his knowledge he was told that Kobe wasn't living up to the standards set in the program and that issues have been there going back to spring. It wasn't necessarily one issue that just happened. He was told his scholarship wouldn't be renewed and KH then decided to transfer.

It keeps getting crazier and crazier if true. He is still playing as wide receiver 1 but not living up to standard and DD can’t get into a bowl game because he isn’t up to standard.

• Like 3

Just checking in. I read the first several pages before it got to the same arguing with the same, about what might have happened. Has anyone found out what happened? I saw a post on another board that would explain it, but he didn't offer proof, so..

Not complaining or calling out anyone. I have been one of the "same". On both sides. 😆

Edited by JuscAUse!

11 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

If you don’t get it , it was a poor try at a joke. No biggie, just a try at humor.

I was gonna say keep tryin, but that’s decidedly not the tone I’m going for. 

Never give up?

You can do it?

Anyway, it’s all good my friend. War Eagle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

timely tweets 

This times 1,000,000. The competition is getting bigger, stronger, faster...if you're not you're falling behind...Jacques may squat 700lbs this winter

• Love 2