Kobe gone

PigskinPat

53 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Just checking in. I read the first several pages before it got to the same arguing with the same, about what might have happened. Has anyone found out what happened? I saw a post on another board that would explain it, but he didn't offer proof, so..

Not complaining or calling out anyone. I have been one of the "same". On both sides. 😆

Summary 8 pages later: Everyone has an opinion; no one knows jack; Kobe still gone; Jarcques wants to be an animal.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, e808 said:

It keeps getting crazier and crazier if true. He is still playing as wide receiver 1 but not living up to standard and DD can’t get into a bowl game because he isn’t up to standard.

You're conflating two completely different "standards." Presumably, one relates to behavior and one relates to playing ability. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

It keeps getting crazier and crazier if true. He is still playing as wide receiver 1 but not living up to standard and DD can’t get into a bowl game because he isn’t up to standard.

One has talent...

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

It is being reported that Antonio Brown is being suspended and NOT fired/cut in Tampa. Maybe, hopefully, Kobe can be reinstated with some real come to Jesus conversations. 

This is purely a business move to keep Brown off of a competing roster. Bucs can suspend him, effectively ending his time with the team without having to put him on waivers and another playoff team picking him up and hurting the Bucs in the playoffs. Brown is a cancer and the Bucs don't want him. Period. But the difference between suspension and waiving him is a business decision and a strategic playoff decision. His suspension is not leaving the door cracked.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Summary 8 pages later: Everyone has an opinion; no one knows jack; Kobe still gone; Jarcques wants to be an animal.

Thanks. About what I thought.😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e808 said:

You are way over thinking this big time. This is not crazy at all. Stop trying to dramatize everything. Now if he would’ve kicked him out after the first mishap you would’ve been criticizing him for that . 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are way over thinking this big time. This is not crazy at all. Stop trying to dramatize everything. Now if he would’ve kicked him out after the first mishap you would’ve been criticizing him for that . 

It’s not over dramatizing when all this new information is coming out now. It’s crazy because it seems to be coming out of know where. More often than not there is evidence of such behavior.
For example on the sidelines have seen players on the sidelines throwing tantrums. Everything to date is speculation. The only clear fact is he is off the team. What the actual reason is no one knows but CBH and Kobe.

Edited by e808

14 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Can we make one big thread for the Gus vs. Harsin argument and one big thread for complaints against Harsin and ban anyone from talking about these two subjects in any other thread? The same 10 or so people are going to continue to rag Harsin until he wins a natty or is fired. That doesn’t mean they have to clutter every post until then. If people want to argue with them they can visit those threads and have at it. 

It would never work because it's like a variation of six degrees of separation. Every new thread brings the challenge to certain posters to figure out how to compare the two within six posts. 

• Haha 2

I would think that in a matter like this with Kobe, there are rules and considerations that would require the Head Coach not to discuss the matter with anyone but Kobe. JMO

13 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It would never work because it's like a variation of six degrees of separation. Every new thread brings the challenge to certain posters to figure out how to compare the two within six posts. 

Harsin vs Gus is the new Bo sucks vs Bo doesn’t suck. Not going to say I don’t engage where appropriate but dang, it ain’t every thread. 

You know what would solve all of this and brind peace to the forum? Caleb Williams. He needs to come and save AUFamily. Think about the posters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

There is no discernible value other than nosiness for fans to know specifically why someone gets dismissed from the team. I’ve had the unpleasant task of firing someone and I’ve never felt compelled to share why with anyone outside of our immediate organization and HR. 

In the Army, I had a friend who was a company commander. He had a board with various levels of rank pinned into it. As part of onboarding new soldiers, he would show the board to them and ask if they knew what it was. They would always answer the same: “That is rank you’ve taken from soldiers for breaking the rules.” His answer was always the same: “No. That is rank soldiers have chosen to give back to me for not adhering to the standards of our unit.” To this day that sticks with me as the right mindset. The coach didn't kick you off. You chose not to be here.

KH is very talented and I hope he finds success wherever he lands. 

Salute.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, e808 said:

It’s not over dramatizing when all this new information is coming out now. It’s crazy because it seems to be coming out of know where. More often than not there is evidence of such behavior.
For example on the sidelines have seen players on the sidelines throwing tantrums. Everything to date is speculation. The only clear fact is he is off the team. What the actual reason is no one knows but CBH and Kobe.

It’s coming out of nowhere because as said before CBH keeps things to the vest really closely. Just like we probably won’t get information on what actually happen in this situation .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Six degrees of thread topics 

image.jpeg

15 hours ago, DAG said:

After the 2016 Clemson debacle is when a good majority of us started to really question.

YUP

He quit on his players before that game even started. That game plan said that he liked the opposing players more than his own. Disgusting. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The portal giveth, and the portal taketh away.

At the end of the day, I'm pretty sure the portal will have givethed Harsin more than it tookethed away.

As long as the new guys bring Dr Pepper 👍

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, japantiger said:

This times 1,000,000. The competition is getting bigger, stronger, faster...if you're not you're falling behind...Jacques may squat 700lbs this winter

As a competitive power lifter...this is insane. Hunter's #'s at his age/weight would put him near the top of most power lifting comps. He could probably break some records if he competed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

What are you guys referencing regarding the 2016 Clemson game? 

Oh, you haven't watched it? Good for you. I highly suggest you keep it that way.

Scary thing is 2017 was even worse. 

• Like 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

Oh, you haven't watched it? Good for you. I highly suggest you keep it that way.

Scary thing is 2017 was even worse. 

Haha I remember watching the game but I don't understand what y'all are referencing about it. I remember we were anemic on offense but that was also a phenomenal Clemson team that beat Ohio State 31-0. Wish we had gotten justyn Ross -- I just wasn't sure if I missed something w a player or what the debacle was. 

16 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes the first two to three years i would argue 9/10 posters here was 100% for Gus and his way. After the 2016 Clemson debacle is when a good majority of us started to really question. Be nice if CBH could get the same , especially when it seems logical. There is no reason for anyone to be overly critical of CBH dismissal at this juncture. There is hardly any information out there. 

I personally don’t understand why anyone is critical of the dismissal at all. It’s his freakin program, and we have zero idea as to what caused it. It’s like people think he doesn’t know what he’s doing. This may be news to some people, but he’s not going to jeopardize his job for no reason. Common sense says CBH would love to keep his production, but obviously the trade off wasn’t worth it. He made a decision, and it sucks for everyone involved, but it had to happen. Time for everyone to move on

• Thanks 2

On 1/3/2022 at 9:00 PM, Potatooooooes!! said:

In all seriousness “y’all” makes me cringe

It's pretty strange that it's not a "real" or "mainstream" word. There is no reason not to contract "you" and "all" just like any other contraction involving a pronoun. Put another way, if "y'all" makes you cringe, then so should "I'm", "they'll", "you've", etc. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I personally don’t understand why anyone is critical of the dismissal at all. It’s his freakin program, and we have zero idea as to what caused it. It’s like people think he doesn’t know what he’s doing. This may be news to some people, but he’s not going to jeopardize his job for no reason. Common sense says CBH would love to keep his production, but obviously the trade off wasn’t worth it. He made a decision, and it sucks for everyone involved, but it had to happen. Time for everyone to move on

This.

No coach dismisses a high performer on a whim. This was likely due to ongoing issues.

Discipline is critical, especially when making fundamental changes to a program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

It's pretty strange that it's not a "real" or "mainstream" word. There is no reason not to contract "you" and "all" just like any other contraction involving a pronoun. Put another way, if "y'all" makes you cringe, then so should "I'm", "they'll", "you've", etc. 

Not really. It’s just a word that bothers me. Kinda like the word “moist” bothers some people. It’s really not a big deal, just every once and a while it hits different and annoys me. I think my girlfriend says it though, but I never noticed cause everything that comes out of her mouth is beautiful lol. What is annoying is how attached and defensive y’all are over a word (and I don’t mean you in particular, just everyone else). You guys act like I insulted your mother or something