Professional menswear

BizTiger

For those back in the office, what's everyone wearing these days as far as attire brands, accessories, etc? I'm in the market for some new business wear. 

My go-to has been Jos A Bank but I have a really good person there who really knows his stuff (top person in the entire company).  I also have Tom James.

When I am not seeing clients though and don't need a jacket and just need a button down shirt I have a bunch of Lands End and Bananna Republic button downs.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 12:05 AM, BizTiger said:

For those back in the office, what's everyone wearing these days as far as attire brands, accessories, etc? I'm in the market for some new business wear. 

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

My go-to has been Jos A Bank but I have a really good person there who really knows his stuff (top person in the entire company).  I also have Tom James.

When I am not seeing clients though and don't need a jacket and just need a button down shirt I have a bunch of Lands End and Bananna Republic button downs.

2 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Brooks Brothers for suits, blazers, dress shirts, casual pants, etc. Also Joseph A Banks for suits and blazers. I prefer BB. 

Retirement is great. Tee shirts pocketed. Never can tell when you may need the reading glasses……wish you could still find good ole vintage Russell sweatshirts for cooler days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Retirement is great. Tee shirts pocketed. Never can tell when you may need the reading glasses……wish you could still find good ole vintage Russell sweatshirts for cooler days.

Agree with most of this except pocketed Tees.  When you get cataracts (everybody does at some point) you can change out your natural lenses for one that correct for distant and near vision.  You will never need reading glasses again.

Or you can pay for the lenses as a preemptive strike.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Agree with most of this except pocketed Tees.  When you get cataracts (everybody does at some point) you can change out your natural lenses for one that correct for distant and near vision.  You will never need reading glasses again.

Or you can pay for the lenses as a preemptive strike.

Sounds like pocketed tees not cool. I have a couple of prescription progressive lens. Carry readers fishing to tie line. Don’t know that I have tried reading with them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sounds like pocketed tees not cool. I have a couple of prescription progressive lens. Carry readers fishing to tie line. Don’t know that I have tried reading with them.

The pocket on the tee, for me, is the first thing that looks old about the tee.  It never holds up well.

I’ve always hated to rely on the *cheaters* when reading, ever since I was 40 something.  Me being vain I guess.

By the way, I hate adapting to getting old.  I want to self identify as a 30 year old, but that mind game just doesn’t work with two bad knees.

16 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

With shorts and tee shirts?

Do you wear dress shoes with shorts and T-shirts? 

No, I'm specifically talking about wearing long pants. Business casual or nicer. Can't stand the look with no socks, and it isn't practical. Your feet are gonna sweat and stink up the leather and soles. It'll probably lead to blistering and prematurely ruin the shoes. 

Maybe I'm old, but this trend is just stupid IMO.  

sockless.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Most of my clothes I buy from Costco, but for professional wear I started buying custom tailored clothing. Got hooked up with a tailor from Thailand that visit the states a couple times a year. Hard to beat clothes that actually fit right, and it’s way more affordable than you might think. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Most of my clothes I buy from Costco, but for professional wear I started buying custom tailored clothing. Got hooked up with a tailor from Thailand that visit the states a couple times a year. Hard to beat clothes that actually fit right, and it’s way more affordable than you might think. 

Agree. Last 4 suits I have gotten have been custom tailored. Much better look, you get exactly what you want, and the price difference is not that much. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Agree. Last 4 suits I have gotten have been custom tailored. Much better look, you get exactly what you want, and the price difference is not that much. 

No doubt. If anyone here lives in Birmingham or Huntsville, I’m happy to let you know the next time the folks I use are in town. Think they may also have clients in Atlanta, but not entirely sure. 

17 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt. If anyone here lives in Birmingham or Huntsville, I’m happy to let you know the next time the folks I use are in town. Think they may also have clients in Atlanta, but not entirely sure. 

Cool. I’m in Huntsville 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

We use to get free suits from Roy B. Sewell Warehouses over in Ga. back in the day

https://www.thewareaglereader.com/2011/07/sewell-hall-is-dead-long-live-sewell-hall/

No free suits but do recall making the trip over to Bremen a few times as a youngster.
Now deceased Coach Bill Lynn used to tell some funny and interesting stories involving Sewell. According to Coach Lynn basketball coaching duties included recruiting football during his era.

• Like 1