Nick Eason expected to take DL job at Clemson

W.E.D

Odd lateral move imo. With all the guys we have coming back/in on DL looks like he’d want to coach what could be a special group. I could see a move to nfl, don’t understand another leaving for same position at another school.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Probably wouldn't be my first choice, but Tosh Lupoi (Jags DL coach) might be looking for a job.  SEC experience and a reputation as an elite recruiter.

WDE!

He got the DC job at Oregon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Probably wouldn't be my first choice, but Tosh Lupoi (Jags DL coach) might be looking for a job.  SEC experience and a reputation as an elite recruiter.

WDE!

That would be massive.

But where are we seeing the "expected to" stuff? I know Dabo wants him but where are we getting the insight on Eason's side of it? 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Odd lateral move imo. With all the guys we have coming back/in on DL looks like he’d want to coach what could be a special group. I could see a move to nfl, don’t understand another leaving for same position at another school.

He played there.  Clemson is also a step up from Auburn, at the moment, if you're being honest with yourself. 

• Sad 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Expected or potential candidate for?

Expected to be a done deal by Clemson & Auburn sites on rivals

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Agreed. Unless he's got a kid about to go to college and they want Clemson, or unless Dabo's prepared to pay him ungodly sums of money, or unless he's not gelling with our staff here or something.

Clemson has had a very nice run but they're not bama or Ohio State. They're not likely to stay where they are, especially with Cristobal in Miami. We're trending up and a big part of that is the success Eason is having right here, right now. 

And if the "went to school there" thing was such a big deal, Dell Mcgee would be our RB coach. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have to wonder what Harsin's or Mason's pull looks like. We have a decent bit of talent on the OL that should entice some folks.  We need a good coach and great recruiter.  Would be nice if it was someone from the SE so they didn't have to rebuild every relationship.

Damn that’s a big loss. He was killing it for us. That’s his alma mater so I guess he wanted to go back to where he went to school.

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Ed O is currently unemployed 😂

The man sucked as a head coach but he was a great Dline coach and recruiter. 

He also sucks as human being.  That should count for something

• Like 5

That’s embarrassing. All the talent we have on the DL and Auburn is in a spot where and ACC team can just step in and grab one of our coaches to take a lateral move, like we’re f’ing Samford or something.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That’s embarrassing. All the talent we have on the DL and Auburn is in a spot where and ACC team can just step in and grab one of our coaches to take a lateral move, like we’re f’ing Samford or something.

I think he played there so theres that

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Expected to be a done deal by Clemson & Auburn sites on rivals

Reported by who? Poster, Mods, reporters? Could you link it, please.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Eason went to school at Clemson so let's not get too bent out of shape over the lateral move. 

But yeah that would be a huge loss after the great DL recruiting we just had. We need some stability on this staff really bad.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think embarrassing is a bit of a stretch

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Reported by who? Poster, Mods, reporters? Could you link it, please.

Mods

Brian Matthews:

All signs are pointing to Nick Eason accepting the DT coaching position at Clemson, where he played in college. Our Clemson site expects it to be a done deal soon with him currently going through a background check. No word yet on who Auburn will target as his replacement.

• Thanks 2