Nick Eason expected to take DL job at Clemson

W.E.D

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I think embarrassing is a bit of a stretch

I don’t. I’m willing to give him the “he played at Clemson” benefit of the doubt. But to find a diamond in the rough recruiter and DL coach from the NFL and have him bogarted by another power 5 coach after 1 season is embarrassing in my opinion. 

Maybe I’m being dramatic here, but it feels like 1 take one step forward and 2 steps back, constantly.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That’s embarrassing. All the talent we have on the DL and Auburn is in a spot where and ACC team can just step in and grab one of our coaches to take a lateral move, like we’re f’ing Samford or something.

Mama called, man...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t. I’m willing to give him the “he played at Clemson” benefit of the doubt. But to find a diamond in the rough recruiter and DL coach from the NFL and have him bogarted by another power 5 coach after 1 season is embarrassing in my opinion. 

Maybe I’m being dramatic here, but it feels like 1 take one step forward and 2 steps back, constantly.

Who knows, maybe he's been dreaming of this opportunity and leveraged us to get it. Or maybe he's leveraging them for a raise. We'll see.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Maybe I’m being dramatic here

I believe so.

I liked Eason too and it is definitely an unexpected loss.  It's not like he went to Vandy or some school he had 0 connection with.  He made 700k here, so it's not like we weren't paying him.  I'll be interested to see the bump he gets at Clemson

20 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He got the DC job at Oregon. 

I guess that's a better job than position coach.  

I'm an NFL guy, so I looked at coaching staffs with no shot at the playoffs.  Jags are at the top (or bottom, in this case) of the list.

WDE!

That sucks but it’s is home so it is what it is. This is also why I laugh when our fans got the nerve to cry about the portal and NIL. This is a nasty business. Point, blank, period. You got to do what’s best for you first. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This sucks but y’all gotta chill. He played ball at Clemson. Clemson’s program is still light years ahead of our’s even though this past season sucked for them.

A DL coach does not make or break a program I promise. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

This sucks but y’all gotta chill. He played ball at Clemson. Clemson’s program is still light years ahead of our’s even though this past season sucked for them.

A DL coach does not make or break a program I promise. 

“This past season sucked for them” 

10 wins 🥲. Maybe one day we can get there…

Edited by Taco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Clemson’s program is still light years ahead of our’s even though this past season sucked for them.

Are they, though? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Taco said:

“This pas season sucked for them” 

10 wins 🥲. Maybe one day we can get there…

Exactly. Acting like Clemson is just “some ACC school” is dramatic and wrong. 

• Like 1

If he ends up leaving, it will suck. However, CBH has proven to be able to find dynamic coaches. Everyone thought losing Rocker was terrible.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Are they, though? 

Depends on what you consider “ahead”.

They’ve won two CFPs since the inception of it and have consistently recruited at a high level since Dabo has been there. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Are they, though? 

Is Clemson better than us?

They have something like a decade of 10 win seasons in a row.  ACC or not, that's impressive.  We've never had back to back 10 win season.  Ever.

We have an unestablished unproven HC coach who just went 6-7.  Nothing promising on the Offensive side of the ball next year (at the moment) and another 6-6 type season puts Harsin on an extreme hot seat.  Dabo has longevity and they've put a ton of talent on the DL into the NFL recently.

This really shouldnt be a question.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Depends on what you consider “ahead”.

They’ve won two CFPs since the inception of it and have consistently recruited at a high level since Dabo has been there. 

Yeah, I know what they did the last 10 years and they're clearly ahead, but I was focusing more on the "light years" part. Not sure that continues to be accurate in their post-Venables existence. Although Eason going back would suggest a lot of that magic is still there.

They're currently ranked 24th in recruiting but with only 12 commits. And with the portal, who knows.

I'm just not ready to accept that we can't catch up to Clemson by 2023 and two years isn't light years. 

• Like 5

Also, two things to think about...1. Eason is a professional, there's no way he didn't approach CBH when talks started. 2. CBH has had a plan for everything, no need to think he doesn't have one when the time comes to replace staff members

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Also, two things to think about...1. Eason is a professional, there's no way he didn't approach CBH when talks started. 2. CBH has had a plan for everything, no need to think he doesn't have one when the time comes to replace staff members

And Eason left a crazy stocked cupboard. A lot of guys will be drooling over the opportunity. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This makes me very happy . Quality of guys we are recruiting and reinforcing CBH message. I guess he connects better with the French then guys from the south. I Kidd, I Kidd.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, I know what they did the last 10 years and they're clearly ahead, but I was focusing more on the "light years" part. Not sure that continues to be accurate in their post-Venables existence. Although Eason going back would suggest a lot of that magic is still there.

They're currently ranked 24th in recruiting but with only 12 commits. And with the portal, who knows.

I'm just not ready to accept that we can't catch up to Clemson by 2023 and two years isn't light years. 

16 and 17 year old recruits recognize Clemson as part of the elite of college football. In my opinion, it will take us more than a couple of years for us to level set with their brand.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And Eason left a crazy stocked cupboard. A lot of guys will be drooling over the opportunity. 

this, should be no shortage of guys wanting to put their touch on these guys.

• Like 2

Vic So'oto is a guy that got some run before we hired Eason; he's at Colorado now so you gotta assume he'd be completely attainable as an option if they wanted. We'll see.

• Like 3