Brentson Buckner Targetted by AU for DLine Coach

Didba

r/wde - Arizona Cardinals DL Coach Brentson Buckner is being pursued by Auburn to become the new DL Coach. He recently turned down an offer from Clemson to become their DL Coach. Source - Adam Schefter

MODS... feel free to delete or merge into the Eason thread.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

Eason was phenomenal but I think Buckner would be an upgrade. 

A decade as a player in the league followed by a decade of NFL Dline coaching in the league.   Yes please. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait he turned down Clemson ? If we get him , what a turn of events 

exactly my thoughts,

What's his incentive to leave Arizona? And if he did leave AZ, why Auburn over Clemson?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NLAuburn said:

What's his incentive to leave Arizona? And if he did leave AZ, why Auburn over Clemson?

Probably money

We paid Eason 700k

Would be a huge get for Harsin. 

I’ve thrown a lot of jabs about Harsin for in-game situations, but I love that he’s not in the status quo of recycling SEC coaches. Going out and getting guys with NFL background is pretty dang awesome. 

• Like 4

I like the resume. I have no idea why he would turn down 1 college job and then accept another. If he wanted to be closer to home the Clemson job would have done that for him. 

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

What a wacky time to be an Auburn Tiger fan.

Pretty wacky in CFB. It’s a new world and all schools have to learn how to function correctly in new environment. I personally think it is about time  pendulum is finally swinging to players side.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I like the resume. I have no idea why he would turn down 1 college job and then accept another. If he wanted to be closer to home the Clemson job would have done that for him. 

But at Auburn he’d get the chance to coach under Bryan Harsin, whereas Clemson’s only got some guy actually named Dabo.  It’s a no brainer.

• Haha 3

Buckner would be a great get. Former Steeler as well. :)

• Like 3

I watched the Austin Davis mic'd up video before he was hired.  Now I've watched the Brenston Buckner video.  I've done my part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

45 minutes from home....isn't he originally from Columbus?

Not sure where or if he calls Arizona home but I know he is from Columbus, Ga and went to Carver High.  So that could be alluring to him maybe???

1 hour ago, TecmoBoJackson said:

Not sure where or if he calls Arizona home but I know he is from Columbus, Ga and went to Carver High.  So that could be alluring to him maybe???

He has family here