Brentson Buckner Targetted by AU for DLine Coach

Didba

1 hour ago, nurbis said:

8-9 per his wiki but he does have 6 first round losses and 5 seasons not even making the playoffs. He has been the HC there for 15 years which is an eternity in the NFL. Surprised he has made it that long without some major hot seat talk. 

My bad was looking at something else when I typed that 🤪

Hes 3-7 since 2010. 

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Where did you get that number from?  That seems absurdly high for an NFL position coach.  He wasn't even making 300k at Alabama 

I went back to look it up again to give you source and believe your correct on my number being incorrect.

I believe I got a Dunbar player with 3year contract. Sorry for my confusion.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I went back to look it up again to give you source and believe your correct on my number being incorrect.

I believe I got a Dunbar player with 3year contract. Sorry for my confusion.

No worries.  I was just shocked by the number and thought maybe he was super good or something.  I know most NFL salaries aren't public like most college coaches.

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I am a New Jersey Devils fan....

image.png

One of the coolest logos in sports. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

So now we're hearing Dunbar is out as DL coach?

So site claiming there was mutual interest. 

We made him two offers and he flat put told us no both times. Didn't even counter or negotiate. 

Doesn't seem like there was really mutual interest if he didn't even negotiate...or we low balled uim badly. Later Doesn't make sense considering we paid Eason 750

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

So site claiming there was mutual interest. 

We made him two offers and he flat put told us no both times. Didn't even counter or negotiate. 

Doesn't seem like there was really mutual interest if he didn't even negotiate...or we low balled uim badly. Later Doesn't make sense considering we paid Eason 750

There probably was no lowballing. 
he probably used it to get him the raise he wanted w Steelers. Steelers DC is retiring and Dunbar is in a good spot w Tomlin now. 

• Like 4

You know if they keep losing DL players, they might call me to be the coach.   That is a scary thought.

14 minutes ago, gman87 said:

If we keep losing DL players, we won't NEED a DL coach.

Have we lost anyone new today?

2 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

Have we lost anyone new today?

B Matt claiming Marquis Robinson is soon to the portal

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

B Matt claiming Marquis Robinson is soon to the portal

Losing that much in 1 position group has to mean something more. 

Edited by AUBwins

Defensive line is one major area you hate to lose players...they don't grow big guys on trees...

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 12:36 AM, Hank2020 said:

That would be very surprising unless Pittsburg is firing him as he makes almost 2 mil/year now.

2 mil per year? Are you sure you don’t mean 2 mil over his entire contract, or his entire time in Pittsburgh?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

Defensive line is one major area you hate to lose players...they don't grow big guys on trees...

Butler, Hunter, Pegues, Matthews, and potentially Robinson.  We were just talking about how deep that position was.

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Losing that much in 1 position group has to mean something more

Uh, yeah. This is the SEC. It Just Means More

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, metafour said:

It's supposedly going to be Jimmy Brumbaugh. They couldn't convince one of the NFL guys to come.

That's a pretty terrible hire and it doesn't seem like it's coming from what Harsin wants & a guy with no connection to him

46 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That's a pretty terrible hire and it doesn't seem like it's coming from what Harsin wants & a guy with no connection to him

I wouldn’t call it terrible.  By SEC standards, I’d give it a solid C, maybe C+.  I think he’s better than Pelton, but not as good as Rocker or Garner.

Edited by AUDevil

38 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's not terrible, it just doesn't pop after the NFL names that were floating around. These last two hires also prove that he's not just "looking for his Boise guys" or whatever other stupid narrative people want to make around that. He also just as easily could have promoted Kiesau to OC if he wanted to do that, and didn't.

From what I've heard, his parameters at DL coach are: teaching, development, and eye for talent. Brumbaugh is apparently particularly strong in the last point. He spent 4 years under Stoops at Kentucky and Stoops' whole thing is talent evaluation (he's really good at it) hence Kentucky's string of underrated recruited who turn out to be NFL players. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1