Texas A&M Transfer QB Zach Calzada Commits to Auburn

Zeek

This thread should be fun. 

I’m quite sure I’m in minority but some part of me still believes this doesn’t rule us out for CW

Edited by Jgarrett7

7 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

This thread should be fun. 

I’m quite sure I’m in minority but some part of me still believes this doesn’t rule us out for CW

I actually agree.  I'm fully expecting DD to transfer at this point, meaning the QB room would still be thin.

Glad to have him. Made some plays last year. He needs a good QB coach like CAD and Hars. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Go get some more!

• Like 3

For the record I am behind Calzada. I think he can be successful and I’m happy to have him. I’m just making fun of the internet rumor junkies that fall for this kind of stuff 

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I actually agree.  I'm fully expecting DD to transfer at this point, meaning the QB room would still be thin.

I like the addition because i think this is the staff making sure we have options and capable backups

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He looks as sad in that pic as most Auburn fans do right now 😂

Hahaha my facial expression was the same as his in the graphic. 

But War Eagle to Zach! I hope he can develop well in the next 8 months. 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

There has been rumblings through the grapevines. But I think DD may hold out for another year to “learn.” Under Austin Davis and CBH. 

Regardless, Calzada checks a couple of things for me imo. He’s got the size, arm strength, and some mobility to fit CBH. I like that he already has experience in the SEC West, which I think people shouldn’t take for granted. 

Hopefully we can get one more to give that QB room some depth and competition…. 😉

• Like 3

We may not be finished with the portal

Calzada would probably be our starter next year if nothing changes.

Im sure that coach Davis evaluated him and thought that he was worth the offer, that’s good enough for me.

• Like 3

Well everybody did say we don’t wanna see Finley take another snap here but we didn’t mean like this........ we should’ve been more specific in what we wished for 

• Haha 2

I just posted this in the other thread but I think he will be decent if not good at Auburn.  Its soo weird that people are poo pooing this but when Auburn signed TJ Finley last year you'd have thought we had signed Cam 2.0.  Calzada won big games this year as a back up QB.  He had some rough patches but no worse than what we had at QB.  We need to be more worried about OL and WR transfers than pitching a fit about this.  It doesn't matter who the QB if there isn't a capable Oline to block and capable WRs to catch the throws. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I just posted this in the other thread but I think he will be decent if not good at Auburn.  Its soo weird that people are poo pooing this but when Auburn signed TJ Finley last year you'd have thought we had signed Cam 2.0.  Calzada won big games this year as a back up QB.  He had some rough patches but no worse than what we had at QB.  We need to be more worried about OL and WR transfers than pitching a fit about this.  It doesn't matter who the QB if there isn't a capable Oline to block and capable WRs to catch the throws. 

I think Finley is the reason many ARE poo-pooing this. Because we’ve seen what an average at best QB at another SEC West school can do (or can’t do for that matter) when they come to Auburn. If Finley doesn’t come in 2021, I think plenty of us would be more than optimistic right now. But I’ll be honest, I can’t remember anyone going on and on about Finley being Cam 2.0 or stuff like that. I remember a lot of speculation that he was definitely going to be the starter over Bo just by stepping on campus.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Glad to have him. Made some plays last year. He needs a good QB coach like CAD and Hars. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Go get some more!

Is Jimbo Fisher no longer considered a good QB coach? 

• Haha 1

Maybe I've missed something but why do people always jump to the conclusion that DD is transferring when every time this rumor comes up DD squashes it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man, y'all are some miserable folks.

Edit: Though I am expecting folks like Mikey and AUought-something to come and rip on CBH for this signing because, well...that's kind of what they do.

Edited by selias
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Harsin and Davis know a helluva lot more about QB development, scouting, mechanics etc. than I do so if they think Calzada is the guy then I am on board.  You guys saying this is terrible need to take a step back and really evaluate how you think you know more about this stuff then our coaches.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2