Negative Fans costing us in recruiting

WFE12

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Just look at the Calzada commitment thread.  I never thought I would ever see that many people complaining about someone's commitment to Auburn.

Exactly.  It’s not hard to find on this board or Twitter.  Some folks need to dial back the overly critical commentary about our players and coaches.  The public belittling, insulting and minimizing them doesn’t help sell this program to future recruits and their parents.  

• Like 5

Was that Gus? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

reeks of Gus Malzahn,

Thought the same thing

• Facepalm 1

It is part of one of Philip Marshall’s article. 

Here’s my take on this level of ‘journalism’:

All of us have friends and family who are fans and alumni of other schools, especially SEC schools. Know any of them who are joyful, optimistic, and happy most of the time? I have direct access to TexAgs and it is a mirror of our boards. My best friend is an LSU grad and former player and he says the same thing about their boards and fans. Ditto for my friends and family who are UGA, Ole Miss, and Arky fans. As for the anonymous coach, coach better, win more games, and send more guys to the league.That will do more to win over recruits than happy fans. 

I do wish all of us, myself included were more civil towards each other and our players. But to say that AU fan negativity is more or less than any other fanbase is shallow in my opinion. 

Addendum: If any parent or recruit does have concerns about our fans, I suggest they come to some SEC home games and sit in the student section at Jordan-Hare. WDE 🦅 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

This is pure 100% BS, and put out by Phillip Marshall no less.

It reeks of Gus Malzahn, or something the Nix family has floated out there.  

Auburn fans are no better nor worse than any other fans in CFB.  Hell, go to a Bama message board after they lose and see the stuff they say about their players.  Read the things they tweet.  Pretty sure they were sending that kicker death threats when he lost the IB.  

I live in LSU country. We got nothing on the negativity I’ve heard on local sports radio. I mean not even close.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

In my experience our fanbase doesn't differ from most others on social media. 

100% agree.  Everyone on twitter, especially after a bad game, are complete morons.

I could find hundreds of UGA fans bashing various aspects of their team after UGA's lone loss.  It's a terrible article by PM.  Feel like this is 100% cover for the Nix family

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I live in LSU country. We got nothing on the negativity I’ve heard on local sports radio. I mean not even close.

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

• Haha 4

Hello Gus, if you really believe this then you should have gone to other schools' twitter soundoffs and used it against them.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

You are fool or a certified clueless boomer if you believe Twitter or think a majority of humans reflect the opinions of the bird app

That is the LAST place anyone should go to get a feel for the fan base. 

If Georgia loses Monday, there will 100% be idiot Georgia fans on Twitter calling for Kirby to be fired. That tells you what Twitter is all about. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

This is pure 100% BS, and put out by Phillip Marshall no less.

It reeks of Gus Malzahn, or something the Nix family has floated out there.  

Auburn fans are no better nor worse than any other fans in CFB.  Hell, go to a Bama message board after they lose and see the stuff they say about their players.  Read the things they tweet.  Pretty sure they were sending that kicker death threats when he lost the IB.  

Hard disagree. Seeing Saban rise at Bama and now Kirby rise at UGA has turned this fan base increasingly toxic. Nobody will admit it, but a good percentage of the fan base is jealous of our rivals. That jealousy has brought out some gross behaviors and words. For example, there used to be a hard rule on here about going after players. Now you can’t read a thread without seeing multiple posts tearing down players. Gene Chizik got fired after the worst season in modern Auburn history, and afterwards people were saying how much of an Auburn man he was but that it was time to move on. After Gus was fired and still to this day, there’s a lot of pure hatred for Gus even though he never had a losing season. No idea if it is legitimately hurting recruiting or not. But, even as an Auburn grad, I’ve thought more than once about waking away because of how nasty our fan base has gotten. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 8

Just now, ScotsAU said:

Hard disagree. Seeing Saban rise at Bama and now Kirby rise at UGA has turned this fan base increasingly toxic. Nobody will admit it, but a good percentage of the fan base is jealous of our rivals. That jealousy has brought out some gross behaviors and words. For example, there used to be a hard rule on here about going after players. Now you can’t read a thread without seeing multiple posts tearing down players.

I’m not so much jealous as I am frustrated with our former HC, administration, and PTB. I try to live in reality, we could never win multiple titles with Saban here but Auburn has underachieved so much since 2013 it’s honestly pathetic. 

• Like 1