Southern Cal QB Transferring

Proud Tiger

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Former heir apparent USCw QB announced he is transferring. This may mean they expect to get Caleb Williams.

USC quarterback Jaxson Dart enters transfer portal (msn.com)

It could also mean he is pissed they are jacking him around so he is leaving.  I hope that is the case and we still have a shot at CW.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It could also mean he is pissed they are jacking him around so he is leaving.  I hope that is the case and we still have a shot at CW.

True but the timing is interesting. CW was there this weekend and then Dart announced he is transferring.

I just don’t see our OL and WR roster attracting someone like Caleb Williams. Hope I’m wrong!

Really don’t like getting a huge NIL deal together for him. What could that do to the locker room? I would not be happy if the new guy gets a huge deal while all the others get crumbs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

I just don’t see our OL and WR roster attracting someone like Caleb Williams. Hope I’m wrong!

Really don’t like getting a huge NIL deal together for him. What could that do to the locker room? I would not be happy if the new guy gets a huge deal while all the others get crumbs.

I recommend looking at the salary structure of an NFL team.

Dukes on 247 says we're evaluating him. Not a member there so couldn't read the details. Worth noting that Bodie Reeder recruited him heavily in HS when he was OC at Utah State. The kids a stud and a great fit for Harsin. Hope we throw some of that CW money we had at him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I recommend looking at the salary structure of an NFL team.

So tired of this lame comparison. It's not the NFL, and the league minimum is $660,000. Typical lame internet argument that is irrelevant if facts are involved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, penguin149 said:

May not be a favorable opinion, but I feel the same way.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Dart could end up at WVU (WVU hired USC OC Harrell today).

Not sure that would be a smart move on his part.....maybe.  I guess having your old OC could have it's benefits but it's WVU for heaven's sake. 

3 hours ago, penguin149 said:

I hear ya, but not like USC has been doing so hot lately either

4 hours ago, penguin149 said:

USCw was 4-8 this year in a weaker league. Is their roster really in better shape than ours? I know that he’s familiar with Riley but is USCw really a better short term situation?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, fredst said:

USCw was 4-8 this year in a weaker league. Is their roster really in better shape than ours? I know that he’s familiar with Riley but is USCw really a better short term situation?

Bunch of folks are trying to talk themselves out of CW by trying to convince themselves that it’s 2004 and USC is still good

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bunch of folks are trying to talk themselves out of CW by trying to convince themselves that it’s 2004 and USC is still good

LBS alive and well

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

These people are out here looking for more big brothers, too. Wild stuff. 

It is weird. So many people that profess to love Auburn and talk about what a special place it is then look for all kinds of ways to point out why we aren’t good enough or how we don’t measure up. Hell, I’m guilty myself sometimes. I guess it’s just part of Auburn DNA

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

It is weird. So many people that profess to love Auburn and talk about what a special place it is then look for all kinds of ways to point out why we aren’t good enough or how we don’t measure up. Hell, I’m guilty myself sometimes. I guess it’s just part of Auburn DNA

I have so many acquaintances who didn't grow up in the SE and don't know squat about CFB but absolutely know the name Auburn. 

It's like we're scared that the least bit of self respect will end in disaster.

Meanwhile, AU basketball twitter is living their best lives and talking their ish. Like, they're the ones that should absolutely be waiting for the other shoe to drop, but they're choosing to just have fun instead. Because that coach actually does have one of the hardest jobs in America and he's thriving. Huh. Maybe it's not actually so hard of a job when your employer has the resources of a major state school in, by far, the most athletic corner in the country. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Meanwhile, AU basketball twitter is living their best lives and talking their ish

Straight up savages 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

I grew up in Alabama, and at 18 I had no interest in leaving the south. But I think we sometimes discount the off the field attraction of a place like USC for an 18-23 year old football player. Regardless of football pedigree (and I agree with posters above that commented on our fans underrating our power as a program), there are some things USC can offer off the field that we just can’t. Those things won’t appeal to everyone - but we can’t deny they exist just because they don’t appeal to all of us. I don’t know enough about CW to know where he falls on that question. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Lincoln Riley is the biggest reason he’s going to USC.   The LA night life and California girls ($1 to Beach Boys) would be the others.   USC has been irrelevant for a good while now.   

On 1/11/2022 at 8:35 AM, McLoofus said:

Meanwhile, AU basketball twitter is living their best lives and talking their ish. Like, they're the ones that should absolutely be waiting for the other shoe to drop, but they're choosing to just have fun instead. Because that coach actually does have one of the hardest jobs in America and he's thriving. Huh. Maybe it's not actually so hard of a job when your employer has the resources of a major state school in, by far, the most athletic corner in the country. 

I was pondering this last night and agree - lots that can be unpackaged:

Auburn is not surrounded closely by dominant program like the FB program is.  Auburn owns ATL in recruiting and UGA hasn't done anything on the national level in a very long time (30 yrs - I looked it up).  Tenn is good, great, maybe elite, maybe not.   Bama is great, probably not elite.   UF is very good, not a national power. UK is elite.  Ga Tech used to be elite when I was in school, but they are a shadow of what they once were.   LSU may be elite.    Auburn football is surrounded by two juggernauts and teams like TAMU in our division, buying the #1 class.  

Also,  you can win with 2 great players, 1 very good player and role players (Auburn 2019) - you don't need the same density of elite players, across so many position groups as in football.   Lots to compare and contrast here.    This is not every consideration but some. 

I am not saying you said, football can do it easily, you didn't, but I really thought about this last night also.   And both do have one of the hardest jobs in America in their respective sports.  I like how we are making some in-roads in S Florida in football recruiting (Cam Brown specifically)..