Bama Fans

LPTiger

Have you noticed a reduction in the number of Bama flags flying from cars today, lack of shirts, jackets and hats being worn...   I just got back from the grocery store and didn't see a single one.  It was nice!  CPFD said it best -- Bama fans love Bama football (when they win), Auburn fans love Auburn (at least most of us, win or lose).

• Like 4

It sure was nice not hearing them gloat at the office today.  Usually it's unbearable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

lots of excuses today...

"B b b but we didn't have our two best wr's" and I've heard "you know honestly, Bryce Young isn't really that good anyways"

Also it seems like every year I hear from the announcers "well kirk this might be sabans best coaching job" .. Puhlease.. The guy has a Heisman winner qb and top 3 recruiting classes for a decade -- you could have a ten your old coaching that team calling hb draws 75 percent of the time and win 9 to 10 games. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

UA has been dominate so long yet their fans are hateful and the first to trash their own team even after the incredible success they have had . The lack of gratitude for the past decade of winning is mind numbing . Unbearable is the right word . 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Imagine how long the lines were at Walmart to return them thar chaimpiuship t-shirts…….

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

UA has been dominate so long yet their fans are hateful and the first to trash their own team even after the incredible success they have had . The lack of gratitude for the past decade of winning is mind numbing . Unbearable is the right word . 

This statement basically encompasses how I feel about all of society these days. 
Ive never hated bama but despise their fans. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Have you noticed a reduction in the number of Bama flags flying from cars today, lack of shirts, jackets and hats being worn...   I just got back from the grocery store and didn't see a single one.  It was nice!  CPFD said it best -- Bama fans love Bama football (when they win), Auburn fans love Auburn (at least most of us, win or lose).

Do Auburn fans really love Auburn win or lose though?  This fanbase was chastised just last week for spewing negativity on twitter, etc. to the point where it was alleged we were damaging our own recruiting.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Do Auburn fans really love Auburn win or lose though?  This fanbase was chastised just last week for spewing negativity on twitter, etc. to the point where it was alleged we were damaging our own recruiting.  

i do and always have. i might not post as much after a loss but it does not change my love for auburn. ever. and i bet most auburn fans feel the way that i do. to be honest i am not sure some of our younger fans are the same because of culture changes but i believe most really love auburn they are just frustrated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

I'm not one to wrap my head in tinfoil and search the sky for black helicopters every time I go outside, but there are forces at work everyday, in the media and elsewhere, owned and paid for by the REC, that exist for the purpose of trying to hold Auburn back.  Believe that.   So everything you read on Twitter or Al.com is not necessarily true.   Do we have fickle fans?  Sure we do.   Are real AU fans more fickle than other fan bases, not even close.   

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I'm not one to wrap my head in tinfoil and search the sky for black helicopters every time I go outside, but there are forces at work everyday, in the media and elsewhere, owned and paid for by the REC, that exist for the purpose of trying to hold Auburn back.  Believe that.   So everything you read on Twitter or Al.com is not necessarily true.   Do we have fickle fans?  Sure we do.   Are real AU fans more fickle than other fan bases, not even close.   

Tinfoil hats, black helicopters, REC at work?  I don't participate in social media and boycotted AL.com over a decade ago.

My reference was the recent article from Philip Marshall chastising our fanbase because he claims the negativity is so bad that it has has a negative impact on Auburn recruiting.  He even went so far as to question a "former Auburn coach" to corroborate the assertions in his article. 

I agree 100% that Auburn fans are no different (for better or worse) than any other fickle fanbase as it relates to frustration with coaches and players after a loss.  I've felt that AU fans in the past have been more than patient and understanding while we endured complete mediocrity for several years.  Other fans would've crucified their HC (i.e. LSU/Orgeron) when he turned in mediocre results which eventually resulted in his termination. 

• Like 1