Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Maverick.AU

KD is one of those players you hate if he's not on your team but absolutely love if he's on your team. Freaking amazing!

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

KD is one of those players you hate if he's not on your team but absolutely love if he's on your team. Freaking amazing!

So true!! I think he may be our Marshall Henderson. 

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

So true!! I think he may be our Marshall Henderson. 

Marshall was just a douche, kd is passionate and high energy. I haven't seen him do anything to put him on that level. He's not going to opposing fans pretty much flicking people off lol

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

What was the point in this post? This is a fun area. Lolol. Everyone knows that. It’s a running Joke started when AU destroyed blue blood row in 2018/2019. 

so-let-it-be-written-moses.gif

BabyishAlienatedCamel.webp

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

When Flanigan went inside and defender went straight up and Flanigan was knocked to floor. No foul was called and I think that was the right call. It is a shame that Kessler's 1st two fouls were identical except in one there was no contact and in the other the bama player initiated the contact. That said in a way I think it helped Auburn as it put a more athletic team on the floor. So many players stepped up. Jabari played the best game he has played at Auburn this year. Wendell Green again, KD, Flanigan all in double figures. Cardwell with a great defensive effort tonight. This team finds a way to win. Baylor and USC lost tonight.  We could move up the rankings from number 4.

B team comes in. They dont plan for the B team. So the B team beats the ass. Because the B team...........

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Someone on CollegeBasketball subreddit asked who would be #1 if Baylor lost this week. I said if Auburn wins both games this week I think they would have to jump to #1. They would have one of the best quad 1/2 records.

They have the absolute best Quad 1/2 Record now. They were right behind Baylor and they just a Q1 tn. OM would be a Q2 win

7 hours ago, Grumps said:

Auburn beat a very good UAT team on the road. That's the kind of frustration I can live with all day long.

110 percent correct . Glad They are 15-1. Just hate this style brand of basketball lol but that’s a personal preference . The truth is basketball is played this way now in the league 

7 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Hey, guys ... remember that dude that posted here before and got banned because he was the worst Realtor ever?

Remember how I said this team will win 25 games.

I think I'm gonna be safe on that bet and I'll get to stick around for more years.

We'll see:poke:

8 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Marshall was just a douche, kd is passionate and high energy. I haven't seen him do anything to put him on that level. He's not going to opposing fans pretty much flicking people off lol

Good point, that was not a good comparison.

• Like 1

I freaking love this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jabari looks like he is starting to develop that confidence.   He played his best game last night.  If you would’ve told me that Kessler only played 12 minutes, I would’ve been very nervous about our chances, but Cardwell stepped up big time!   I think AU is the best team in the nation right now, and we still have plenty of room to get better!   Bruce Pearl is a magician!!!!!   I love that dude!!!  AUAD needs to do whatever it takes to keep him here forever!!!

• Like 1

Freaking great win by Auburn last night. That was probably the most lopsided officiated game i have seen this season. The refs called a few on bama at the end to even it out but they got EVERY call in that game up until about 2 mins left in the game. Absolute garbage calls on Kessler to get him in foul trouble. Maybe 2 of his 5 fouls should have been called. But hey its all good. Cause this Auburn team has no problem beating bama AND the refs! Can't wait for the return game at AU. Hope we beat them by 20+ in that one. 

Jabari and Green made that win happen but game ball has to go to Cardwell.  He stepped up huge in this game. Love these glue guys that work their tail off and develop into outstanding basketball players. This team is just such a joy to watch play. The passion that these guys play with from starters to the last guy on the bench is amazing. Time to start working on that 1 seed!!!

• Like 1

I've said before that it was AU hoops, not football, that brought me to Auburn.  Sat through a lot of bad seasons.  This team is beyond special.  Its by far the most talented group we've ever put on the floor, they're deep, and they play together.

Now I'm just praying we get put into the South region for the tournament.  Sweet 16, Elite 8, and Final Four are all driveable for me if we get put there.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

110 percent correct . Glad They are 15-1. Just hate this style brand of basketball lol but that’s a personal preference . The truth is basketball is played this way now in the league 

I get where you're coming from.  I love the intracacies of the so-called Princeton offense but that's never going to be Bruce's style.    Fast, loose, aggressive, take bad shots sometimes but always play with confidence.    Make up for mistakes by causing the other team to make one.  It can be painful at times to watch but not as much this year because the quality and depth of the team has made for better shooting percentages.    Maybe talent matters.   Hmmmmm.... 

• Like 1