Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Maverick.AU

46 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Now I'm just praying we get put into the South region for the tournament.  Sweet 16, Elite 8, and Final Four are all driveable for me if we get put there.

From my understanding the overall 1 seed gets the region closest to them, correct?  So let's go get it.  I do prefer a loss somewhere near the end but before SEC tournament.  Kind of a refresh in motivation. Seems to benefit teams.  It did that final 4 team.  

Happy we won but we're not playing to our potential. But we're still learning each other. I still haven't wrote my stuff about the team I usually do because I feel like we're still so new.

I had hoped we would handle the ball better but we caused them to turn the ball over more than us. It was dangerous because that's how you let teams get wins, especially teams with the 3 ball potential. I wish Z was a more solid ball handler but I'm hoping decision making gets better each game.

I remember the team we had with Harper and chuma and the rest I would say in every post just about that it's always great to learn stuff each game but when you don't necessarily play great and you get to learn from it AND you still get a win, that's the best case scenario

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I gotta get back in here and call out one more thing on Cardwell. And that is how intelligently he played in this game. I have been a little disappointed in his  play this season. I thought a lot of it was due to him getting block happy and being out of control. Accumulating a lot of fouls in very few minutes. But last night he knew he had to stay out of foul trouble and still impact the game and that is exactly what he did. I think this bama game could really be a jumping off point for Cardwell. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

I gotta get back in here and call out one more thing on Cardwell. And that is how intelligently he played in this game. I have been a little disappointed in his  play this season. I thought a lot of it was due to him getting block happy and being out of control. Accumulating a lot of fouls in very few minutes. But last night he knew he had to stay out of foul trouble and still impact the game and that is exactly what he did. I think this bama game could really be a jumping off point for Cardwell. 

I like the phrasing on the AL.com article, "Cardwell turned heel last night" lol.  It really makes a lot of sense to me as a pro wrestling fan,  watching how he invited the crowd noise and had a sense of ruthless aggression about him.  Anyways, I like it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I like the phrasing on the AL.com article, "Cardwell turned heel last night" lol.  It really makes a lot of sense to me as a pro wrestling fan,  watching how he invited the crowd noise and had a sense of ruthless aggression about him.  Anyways, I like it. 

ric-flair-woo.gif

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

A lot of people have complained, rightfully so, about the fouls on Kessler but IMO I think it will turn out to be the best thing that could have happened. We still won the games and it allowed for Cardwell to get more SEC experience that wasn't in a small role. He proved that he could play controlled but high-energy defense for long stretches of the game. It will just make us more deadly later on in the season knowing that we can go to Cardwell more often and give Kessler more breaks.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The structure of their arena is really really bad from what I’ve seen. I’m glad for it obviously but wow 

For 3 long years I had to park just outside crappy Coleman.   It is truly crappy in every sense of the word.   And it hasn't changed from 30 years ago.   As much money as they have spent on football...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Love the pics. I know where the crane move comes from but that group pic makes me think of Michael Jackson's Thriller video. 

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

For 3 long years I had to park just outside crappy Coleman.   It is truly crappy in every sense of the word.   And it hasn't changed from 30 years ago.   As much money as they have spent on football...

It does look a bit awkward how far back from the court some of those seats go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

There’s a ton more things that can be done for Pearl and the bball program, but the individuals that got AA (which is ridiculously small but constructed perfectly for the advantage it creates) built and those who stuck their neck out for Pearl in ~2017. Season tickets have been sold out for years as I understand, and those holders actually show up to games 

We’re at least doing several times more for our ball program than our two rivals, and enough to compete with Tenn and Kentucky, which feels sensational 

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Coleman is over 50years old I think it was renovated a few years ago

The good news about this game is:

1. We got into a dog fight with our evil rival, on the road.

2. Our numerous fans in attendance were LOUD.

3. We got into a lot of foul trouble, early in each half.

4. We shot terrible at the foul line, while Alabama shot it very well.  They made more free throws than we attempted, and they shot a high percentage.

5. We turned the ball over a lot.

Yet we still won.  And had a 14-point lead late.

We're awesome.  And Alabama is not.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Don't really have a good spot to put this but after Murray State deleted the final score tweet after we beat them, Auburn Twitter has been invading every final score post ...

Tevin Brown, ladies and gentleman.