Depth

LPTiger

Just now, cole256 said:

You notice how you haven't mentioned ANYTHING about the other guy?

Yes, I do. Because the other guy doesn't have a history of rubbing people the wrong way. I'm trying my best to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you're making that very difficult.

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

@cole256 I tried very hard to be respectful and explain the problems, as I see them, that people have with your style of presentation. Not as a challenge to you, but just to pass along information. Again, I tried to do so in a PM, but it said your account isn't accepting messages. I WAS NOT trying to call you out, I promise. I just wanted to see if I could get you to see things as others see them, because you seem to have a problem with that, if the frequency at which you go off on someone for calling your methods into question are to be the evidence.

See stuff like your first sentence. Did I say something to you disrespectful? 

My problems are your opinions do you have anything to say about the actual name calling? Do you have anything to say about the genesis of this? Like the misreading of a sentence and taking it out of context? You see that stuff is objective

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

See stuff like your first sentence. Did I say something to you disrespectful? 

My problems are your opinions do you have anything to say about the actual name calling? Do you have anything to say about the genesis of this? Like the misreading of a sentence and taking it out of context? You see that stuff is objective

Tone is not objective, it is subjective, because it can be read differently depending upon one's frame of mind.

My first sentence was aimed at informing you that this was not meant as an attack on you. No more, no less.

I addressed the misreading of intent in your posts when I pointed out that I come across as too aggressive online unintentionally, and that that is (hopefully) what is going on with you. The way you verbalize your responses, I believe, conveys a different tone than what you mean to give off. That's what I'm saying.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Yes, I do. Because the other guy doesn't have a history of rubbing people the wrong way. I'm trying my best to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you're making that very difficult.

What are you talking about making it difficult? So you don't care, if I say anything back to you period I'm wrong. It's just I'm wrong and you're right? If you not trying to hear anything I say why even talk?

Also nobody is angry or defensive it's just you taking things a particular way for whatever reason. I tried to show you where you are misguided but if you don't want to see or discuss that it's fine we'llagree to disagree.

But the FACTS are I said I notice our guards don't have a great handle and are loose with the ball in situations besides when they are looking to score. 

The other guy said he's not. I said cool but I am. He then said I shouldn't be. And from that you feel you should chastise me and have nothing to say to him. Ok. I don't agree with that at all. Cool.

Tone is not objective, it is subjective, because it can be read differently depending upon one's frame of mind.

My first sentence was aimed at informing you that this was not meant as an attack on you. No more, no less.

I addressed the misreading of intent in your posts when I pointed out that I come across as too aggressive online unintentionally, and that that is (hopefully) what is going on with you. The way you verbalize your responses, I believe, conveys a different tone than what you mean to give off. That's what I'm saying.

I know tone isn't objective I never implied that it was I said actually seeing who called someone a name and actually seeing who misquoted who is objective. I didn't do any of those things the other person did though.....but he doesn't have a history

What are you talking about making it difficult? So you don't care, if I say anything back to you period I'm wrong. It's just I'm wrong and you're right? If you not trying to hear anything I say why even talk?

Also nobody is angry or defensive it's just you taking things a particular way for whatever reason. I tried to show you where you are misguided but if you don't want to see or discuss that it's fine we'llagree to disagree.

But the FACTS are I said I notice our guards don't have a great handle and are loose with the ball in situations besides when they are looking to score. 

The other guy said he's not. I said cool but I am. He then said I shouldn't be. And from that you feel you should chastise me and have nothing to say to him. Ok. I don't agree with that at all. Cool.

This was merely the most recent in a series of seemingly confrontational interactions you've had over the years on AUF. I'm trying to tell you how you come across to the rest of us. You're telling me I'm wrong about the way you come across to the rest of us. Does that make sense?

Just now, cole256 said:

I know tone isn't objective I never implied that it was I said actually seeing who called someone a name and actually seeing who misquoted who is objective. I didn't do any of those things the other person did though.....but he doesn't have a history

The name-calling I admit didn't register with me one way or the other, but again, I wasn't talking about just one specific instance, rather using that instance as an example for the way you've been interacting on this board for a long time. I'm trying very hard not to be confrontational, but simply informative, and you seem to be taking it as an attack on your character. It's okay if you disagree; that's not the point. The point is that this is another viewpoint that you might not have taken into consideration.

Cole, I know you don't really value my opinion, so I recognize that.  I will say, I don't think Rednilla is being disrespectful to you.  I do think he/she is trying to help.  Only good intentions.  We all want to see you keep posting on the forum.  We have a lot of respect for you and your knowledge.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Thanks 1

This was merely the most recent in a series of seemingly confrontational interactions you've had over the years on AUF. I'm trying to tell you how you come across to the rest of us. You're telling me I'm wrong about the way you come across to the rest of us. Does that make sense?

You can't speak for everybody just like I can't. I tend to focus on individual encounters because over time of course details will be missed and how could you objectively judge an encounter just coming in the middle and not know any history.

In THIS situation right here I've pointed out several things you either missed or chose to ignore, or you are influenced by other stuff. 

But yes I'm sure if you judge me off stuff you feel you deemed it on me before reading anything.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Cole, I know you don't really value my opinion, so I recognize that.  I will say, I don't think Rednilla is being disrespectful to you.  I do think he/she is trying to help.  Only good intentions.  We all want to see you keep posting on the forum.  We have a lot of respect for you and your knowledge.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

^^This^^

I didn't say anybody was being disrespectful, I'm not being disrespectful. If you don't want me to reply and you don't care about what I have to say then just say that and don't pretend you wanted a convo.

I'm just going to keep posting facts because NOBODY can say this is on me. 

I said I can see we have a problem with ball handling and I can explain what I see. I said this will be a problem in the tournament if we don't get better and I can explain why and what goes into that.

Another guy said he's not, I said ok I'm just telling you what I know. He posted stats against teams that probably won't even make the tournament. I could've pointed out how that proves nothing but I took the high road. He then pushed it a little further for snippy and said I shouldn't even have my take. 

Now if you have something form this exchange that is felt I did wrong I'm more than open to talk about that. But I don't think anybody can say I did something wrong. Now I could point out a couple of things he did wrong but we choose to not worry about him. And even with that cool. I explained myself.

Okay, now on to why I original came on this thread.  @cole256/ @JwgreDeux why do you believe Wendell Greene is not starting over Zep Jasper?

Also, I feel like opposing teams have figured out Jabari Smith, Jr.  I feel like his slump may continue because of this and hurt his draft stock.  Do you agree or no?  Right now I feel like Kessler is our best player.

I'll back up what a lot of what Rednilla said. I respect the hell out of your knowledge and information you bring to the board but I have you blocked, Cole, because so many of your conversations turn into a pissing contest. Both people could be at fault but when it consistently happens with you then there's a common denominator.

IMO, every time you post your opinion and someone disagrees with you or even gives stats to back up their opinion you get defensive, post a passive-aggressive comment, and then you start acting like you're the only one that can have an opinion and everyone else is wrong.

This whole thing started because you two had differing opinions, it was civil for the most part, and then you didn't like that he disagreed with you so you decided that you didn't want to "argue" about "silly" things. And then you started talking about a crown like you were upset that there were multiple people in the basketball forum that were knowledge about basketball.

Every time a back and forth comes up between you and some other poster, I feel like you do your best to make sure that they know that you are this all-knowing basketball guy and no one else can have as much knowledge or experience as you do. It rubs me the wrong way, it rubbed @JwgreDeux the wrong way, and it's rubbed A LOT of people on this forum the wrong way.

No one is trying to attack you but we're trying to point out that this is how we feel and even if you don't think you did or said anything incorrect, others took offense to it. Have a good day, hopefully this back and forth can stop so we can keep the Basketball Forum somewhat civil unlike the football one.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Okay, now on to why I original came on this thread.  @cole256/ @JwgreDeux why do you believe Wendell Greene is not starting over Zep Jasper?

Also, I feel like opposing teams have figured out Jabari Smith, Jr.  I feel like his slump may continue because of this and hurt his draft stock.  Do you agree or no?  Right now I feel like Kessler is our best player.

I'm not either of them, but I saw the point made somewhere that perhaps Green is the spark plug offensive weapon for the second string, which is not as necessary on the first line because of Jabari/Walker/KD being there. It made as much sense to me as anything, because Greene certainly seems the better PG, at least offensively.

• Thanks 1

I'm not either of them, but I saw the point made somewhere that perhaps Green is the spark plug offensive weapon for the second string, which is not as necessary on the first line because of Jabari/Walker/KD being there. It made as much sense to me as anything, because Greene certainly seems the better PG, at least offensively.

becca-tobin-kitty-wild.gif

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'll back up what a lot of what Rednilla said. I respect the hell out of your knowledge and information you bring to the board but I have you blocked, Cole, because so many of your conversations turn into a pissing contest. Both people could be at fault but when it consistently happens with you then there's a common denominator.

IMO, every time you post your opinion and someone disagrees with you or even gives stats to back up their opinion you get defensive, post a passive-aggressive comment, and then you start acting like you're the only one that can have an opinion and everyone else is wrong.

This whole thing started because you two had differing opinions, it was civil for the most part, and then you didn't like that he disagreed with you so you decided that you didn't want to "argue" about "silly" things. And then you started talking about a crown like you were upset that there were multiple people in the basketball forum that were knowledge about basketball.

Every time a back and forth comes up between you and some other poster, I feel like you do your best to make sure that they know that you are this all-knowing basketball guy and no one else can have as much knowledge or experience as you do. It rubs me the wrong way, it rubbed @JwgreDeux the wrong way, and it's rubbed A LOT of people on this forum the wrong way.

No one is trying to attack you but we're trying to point out that this is how we feel and even if you don't think you did or said anything incorrect, others took offense to it. Have a good day, hopefully this back and forth can stop so we can keep the Basketball Forum somewhat civil unlike the football one.

See? So that silly thing came from a previous argument that he took out of context. That's my point you guys look at little snippets and cast judgement and don't know the entire story. 

Gravedj asked me something about people going at 5 stars more because they are 5 stars and I said that's silly fans. He took it as I said anybody offering criticism to Wiley are silly. Which I didn't say at all. He then ran with that and that's when it first started getting snippy. But I'm sure none of you care because it would take you all to say I was wrong.

Also none of came to aid when I was stupid and a moron, but big bad Cole said something to whatever dude's name is let's confront Cole. 

But cool I was here posting when we sucked and there was maybe 7 people talking about the team but good job you guys ran Cole off you don't have to worry about me posting here anymore.

Also look at the posts I haven't even been posting this year but of course without merit I will still get accused of arguing in threads. I've gone out of my way to be nice to everybody on here. But cool keep me blocked

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

See? So that silly thing came from a previous argument that he took out of context. That's my point you guys look at little snippets and cast judgement and don't know the entire story. 

Gravedj asked me something about people going at 5 stars more because they are 5 stars and I said that's silly fans. He took it as I said anybody offering criticism to Wiley are silly. Which I didn't say at all. He then ran with that and that's when it first started getting snippy. But I'm sure none of you care because it would take you all to say I was wrong.

Also none of came to aid when I was stupid and a moron, but big bad Cole said something to whatever dude's name is let's confront Cole. 

But cool I was here posting when we sucked and there was maybe 7 people talking about the team but good job you guys ran Cole off you don't have to worry about me posting here anymore.

Also look at the posts I haven't even been posting this year but of course without merit I will still get accused of arguing in threads. I've gone out of my way to be nice to everybody on here. But cool keep me blocked

Congratulations on being so defensive that you learned absolutely nothing from people sincerely trying to help you create less friction. No, we're all completely wrong, you're completely right, and there is nothing on this planet that is going to convince you otherwise.

(*Note* That is not to say you didn't make any valid points, because you did, but you completely blasted everything that wasn't your opinion out of the water as us picking on you, rather than considering if maybe something one of us said had any merit.)

So carry on.

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Congratulations on being so defensive that you learned absolutely nothing from people sincerely trying to help you create less friction. No, we're all completely wrong, you're completely right, and there is nothing on this planet that is going to convince you otherwise.

(*Note* That is not to say you didn't make any valid points, because you did, but you completely blasted everything that wasn't your opinion out of the water as us picking on you, rather than considering if maybe something one of us said had any merit.)

So carry on.

Congrats you got what you intended. Peace

You needed that one person to come save you and you got him

Edited by cole256
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Congrats you got what you intended.

No, I didn't. The fact that you think I did underscores the problem. 

But we're beating a dead horse here. No reason to keep going with it.

18 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

No, I didn't. The fact that you think I did underscores the problem. 

But we're beating a dead horse here. No reason to keep going with it.

Right we can go back to you NEVER talking to me but you randomly decided to today while chastising me for not listening to you as if you acknowledged anything I said. Like I said you baited and got somebody who biased already had be blocked to co sign you and he admitted to coming into the middle of that interaction as well.

But dude has friends where he can do what he wants. He really bullied me but you guys came to his defense. Hilarious But I'm out, you FEEL like I'm arrogant when I post

Edited by cole256

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right we can go back to you NEVER talking to me but you randomly decided to today while chastising me for not listening to you as if you acknowledged anything I said. Like I said you baited and got somebody who biased already had be blocked to co sign you and he admitted to coming into the middle of that interaction as well.

But dude has friends where he can do what he wants. He really bullied me but you guys came to his defense. Hilarious

Forever defensive.

I didn't acknowledge the things you said that you might have had a point on, except in that brief snippet to say that you did have at least a couple of points, because I'm still processing everything. I would have to go back a long, long way to get to the start of the friction your interactions have generated, and I don't feel like it today.

I never talk to you because there is so seldom anything I can say to which you might actually listen. Today proves that there is literally nothing I can say to which you will listen any more than to find a damning retort to what I said.

As for you being bullied, you've taken the exact same kind of tone and stance numerous times through the months and years. You're trying to call me out for pointing it out with you and not with him/them, but doesn't that implicitly admit that YOU are bullying others with the way you present yourself, and you're just mad because you're the only one being approached about it?

I took the time out of the day (on my birthday, as a matter of fact) to try to explain to you why you stir the kinds of responses to which you seem to take such offense, and you got defensive and started attacking me for not attacking "them," too. At best, you are saying that your behavior is warranted because it's entirely responsive to similar abuse from elsewhere. And maybe that is true, I don't know.

What I know is that virtually every time I see you interacting, it's this same song and dance. Sooner or later, when it keeps happening with so many other people, it seems like the largest part of the problem is not with the other people.

Now, go ahead and reply, because I know you can't stand not to get the last word in.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I didn't say anybody was being disrespectful, I'm not being disrespectful. If you don't want me to reply and you don't care about what I have to say then just say that and don't pretend you wanted a convo.

I'm just going to keep posting facts because NOBODY can say this is on me. 

I said I can see we have a problem with ball handling and I can explain what I see. I said this will be a problem in the tournament if we don't get better and I can explain why and what goes into that.

Another guy said he's not, I said ok I'm just telling you what I know. He posted stats against teams that probably won't even make the tournament. I could've pointed out how that proves nothing but I took the high road. He then pushed it a little further for snippy and said I shouldn't even have my take. 

Now if you have something form this exchange that is felt I did wrong I'm more than open to talk about that. But I don't think anybody can say I did something wrong. Now I could point out a couple of things he did wrong but we choose to not worry about him. And even with that cool. I explained myself.

Those teams I posted about were Kentucky, Missouri, Oklahoma and Alabama. As of today's bracketology from espn, UK is a 2 seed, Missouri is out, Oklahoma is on the bubble and Alabama is a 6 seed. So two are locks for the tourney, one is a bubble team and you are actually right about one of the four examples I used. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

He's instant offense off the bench. You look at our bench and they are all good, but the rest don't create. Cambridge, Cardwell, Williams etc primarily rely on actions, rebounding or others to create scoring opportunities. Being able to bring Wen off the bench fills the void there. With the starting rotation you have KD and Jabari that can create and Flanigan as well. 

No I don't think opposing teams have figured out Jabari. I think we took him out of the game last time, not the opposing defense. Yes some SEC teams can play him more physically than he experienced in the non-con, but I think he has the game to deal with that and we will see him continue to show his growth. When other teams scheme for him, our guards and CBP have to do a better job getting him the ball in good spots. 

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Depends on if you mean offense=scoring. Zep has had the highest +/- in several games this year, which is a testament that there are times the offense works better when he is on the floor. I think it is less about better and more about style. I'm happy Green made the shot at the end of the Georgia game, but I want Jabari with the ball with the games on the line, I want Jabari getting 18-20 attempts, not KD taking 22, I want the best player to touch the ball most trips down the floor. Zep does that better than Wen. Please don't take that as I don't think Wen is good. I want him on the floor at the end of games as well, KD too, just pass it more to Jabari. And Jabari has to be more aggressive as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Forever defensive.

I didn't acknowledge the things you said that you might have had a point on, except in that brief snippet to say that you did have at least a couple of points, because I'm still processing everything. I would have to go back a long, long way to get to the start of the friction your interactions have generated, and I don't feel like it today.

I never talk to you because there is so seldom anything I can say to which you might actually listen. Today proves that there is literally nothing I can say to which you will listen any more than to find a damning retort to what I said.

As for you being bullied, you've taken the exact same kind of tone and stance numerous times through the months and years. You're trying to call me out for pointing it out with you and not with him/them, but doesn't that implicitly admit that YOU are bullying others with the way you present yourself, and you're just mad because you're the only one being approached about it?

I took the time out of the day (on my birthday, as a matter of fact) to try to explain to you why you stir the kinds of responses to which you seem to take such offense, and you got defensive and started attacking me for not attacking "them," too. At best, you are saying that your behavior is warranted because it's entirely responsive to similar abuse from elsewhere. And maybe that is true, I don't know.

What I know is that virtually every time I see you interacting, it's this same song and dance. Sooner or later, when it keeps happening with so many other people, it seems like the largest part of the problem is not with the other people.

Now, go ahead and reply, because I know you can't stand not to get the last word in.

Well stop quoting me then. And LMAO at you have to process it. And I attacked you by responding to you......yep like I said you got what you came for

Edited by cole256
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Forever defensive.

Oh and I didn't say none of that stuff you just made up. Just a bunch more of your feels