Depth

LPTiger

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

This is my only knock on Bruce - wasted possessions.   They are wasted energy with no results.  Basically every low percentage shot is a turn over for Auburn. 

One podcast said Cambridge or Flanigan (both?) were averaging about 20% from three.   If that is the deal,  put some structure in place for them NOT to shoot the three.  Or at least on the road, where the % typically drops.  

Also - how does a team take away our inside game and double up Jabari?  I don't know basketball, but this makes no sense to me.   Surely Pearl's staff can figure out how that happened time and again in Feb.  Well, I guess they couldn't.  I am just butt-hurt still.  

Once teams figured out we were not good on the three they packed the lane which stopped our guards from driving the lane and the pick and role to Kessler. Even though the Pick and Roll was still there if our guards didn't wait to long to make the pass. Kessler actually showed a decent drop step a few times but did not get the ball in position to use it often. I am not saying he is a great down low player but him, Jabari, and Jaylin could have all had some down low games with the right guards.

I do agree that Pearl needs to work on his players shot selection, players who consistently don't hit the three should limit how often they shoot the three. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1