Jabari

cole256

Jabari and Kessler together help each other so much. When guards dribble into lane on Kessler Pick and role there are always three options pass to Kessler for the Dunk , go to rim and shoot or pass to open player usually Jabarai when offside help leaves to stop Kessler. It is not so much improving his handle in traffic as it is knowing if there is enough room to split the defenders. Most of the time he tries to force through to tight a space so ball gets knocked away. He is getting better at recognizing there are times to back out and wait for it rather then force it. The better he gets at seeing this the less turnovers he will have.  I am not saying his handle doesn't need some work it does but after re-watching the KY game some of the turnovers were more about trying to split a double rather then backing out and setting up.

Jabari is the best all round freshman player I have ever seen at Auburn. I am so happy for him that he will go high 1st round this year but I have to admit I will be sad not to see him play one more year where he will be unstoppable at the college level as he improves.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Jabari is undoubtedly the most talented player on the team, but Kessler is the MVP.  We're a totally different team without him.

Each is very good but playing together makes them both better especially with Green being able to set both up with his penetration. Kessler's timing on the Pick and roll is what makes it so good he waits until just as the big guarding him has to stop the penetration and with Jabari on the wing for a three that means nobody can do weak side help. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Jabari is undoubtedly the most talented player on the team, but Kessler is the MVP.  We're a totally different team without him.

Kessler MVP?  Not yet.

THis team is made of of too many contributors in different roles. IF JAbari is not shooting well or too guarded, its Kessler. When Kessler gets in  foul trouble, Greeen takes over, or KD hits those 3's or steals or drives for a foul.

Too early for one MVP. Let's eee who comes through in the rest of the big games aways at TENN ant Ark, FL, etc,,,,

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Jabari and Kessler together help each other so much. When guards dribble into lane on Kessler Pick and role there are always three options pass to Kessler for the Dunk , go to rim and shoot or pass to open player usually Jabarai when offside help leaves to stop Kessler. It is not so much improving his handle in traffic as it is knowing if there is enough room to split the defenders. Most of the time he tries to force through to tight a space so ball gets knocked away. He is getting better at recognizing there are times to back out and wait for it rather then force it. The better he gets at seeing this the less turnovers he will have.  I am not saying his handle doesn't need some work it does but after re-watching the KY game some of the turnovers were more about trying to split a double rather then backing out and setting up.

Jabari is the best all round freshman player I have ever seen at Auburn. I am so happy for him that he will go high 1st round this year but I have to admit I will be sad not to see him play one more year where he will be unstoppable at the college level as he improves.

He’s likely the #1 pick in the draft, so unless he just loves college life, he’s gone.

11 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Skill set? Mike Mitchell 3 inches taller.

Mitchell was more physical and better rebounder who liked to bang inside Jabari better shooter and better all round player at this point in his development. That is no knock on Mitchell one of my all time favorite Auburn players who I thought was underrated while at Auburn.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think he needs to improve his handle, but I think is issues with it are more related to being to timid when he puts the ball on the floor. He's too eager to pull up because it is his comfort zone. I'd like to see him get more aggressive when he decides to put the ball on the floor and attack the double team to create contact rather than try and slip it. He's shown the willingness to bang down low on defense, now let's do it with the ball in his hands. 

Please know one take this as being down on Jabari at all. Just this is the area of his game that is not at an elite level, or he hasn't shown it yet. I think it is better than we have seen, and I also think he has shown a pattern of getting more and more assertive on offense. Expect that to continue.  

• Like 3

On 1/24/2022 at 12:33 PM, homersapien said:

Mvp? No. But he is very important. I've always explained or tried my best to, how a versatile physical shot altering big was essential to this offense success. Even when numbers didn't show

On 1/15/2022 at 9:54 AM, cole256 said:

Smoother than kd? I don't think that's possible. I'm just saying he has the potential to even dream he could be that though. I don't know if I'm expressing myself. To even dream to even THINK you can be like him is out of grasp for 99% of people. 

That's speaking to the talent we have. I actually don't think we market him enough. I just think Auburn is filled with such corny people up top that we don't know how to capitalize off stuff like this.

It's because most of our fan base is corny because you know we do everything from within. This is a guy we should showcase and reap the benefits of recruiting for years to come actually

Could you elaborate on this a little more? 

I figured out a few minutes ago who Jabari's presence reminds me of.

Barry Sanders. Absolute top class athlete. Humble as pie.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:21 PM, steeleagle said:

Kessler MVP?  Not yet.

THis team is made of of too many contributors in different roles. IF JAbari is not shooting well or too guarded, its Kessler. When Kessler gets in  foul trouble, Greeen takes over, or KD hits those 3's or steals or drives for a foul.

Too early for one MVP. Let's eee who comes through in the rest of the big games aways at TENN ant Ark, FL, etc,,,,

So far, Kessler is the MVP. That better?

We're 2/3 of the way through the season. It's not too early for one MVP. Not when he COMPLETELY changes the game on the defensive side.

However, there **is** still time for for someone else to join him. He's figuring it out, folks. I'm behind time on today's game, because I had a couple of issues earlier today so I've only seen the first 10 minutes of the first half. He might not have kept it up all game.

But I doubt it.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:54 AM, cole256 said:

This is a guy we should showcase and reap the benefits of recruiting for years to come actually

Thought the same thing today. We won't have him after this year but hopefully someone is doing the things needed so we can continue to *benefit* from his success here once he's gone.

I'm enjoying every game while we can.

• Like 1

I think he settles for way too many jump shots. I wish we would set more screens to open him up driving to the basket. 

5 hours ago, fishepa said:

I think he settles for way too many jump shots. I wish we would set more screens to open him up driving to the basket. 

If you’ve noticed JS’s biggest weakness is his dribble drive. He has lost dribble control at times and has turned it over from pressing guards. 

but everything else he is exceptional at. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Like 4

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Man, that Jordan shot epitomizes his career. Beyond phenomenal.

• Like 2

It wasn't his best game, but I saw some things from Jabari that I have been wanting to see more of last night. He was much more aggressive off the bounce. He brought the ball up the floor a couple of times, he drove to the basket more, got into his man and drew fouls. Once he tried to dunk on two defenders and ended up getting fouled. He is so smooth and polished as a shooter, but this part of his game, driving to the basket is the part that he needs to show more and this could be the start. We knew bama would play him physically and try to rough him up and he didn't back down. 

He also played a good defensive game, and his defense has been a bit overlooked or overshadowed by his offense. 

It's exciting to see his growth. His best ball is still in front of him. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

It wasn't his best game, but I saw some things from Jabari that I have been wanting to see more of last night. He was much more aggressive off the bounce. He brought the ball up the floor a couple of times, he drove to the basket more, got into his man and drew fouls. Once he tried to dunk on two defenders and ended up getting fouled. He is so smooth and polished as a shooter, but this part of his game, driving to the basket is the part that he needs to show more and this could be the start. We knew bama would play him physically and try to rough him up and he didn't back down. 

He also played a good defensive game, and his defense has been a bit overlooked or overshadowed by his offense. 

I was very excited to see him go in for that dunk. As that mindset continues he will absolutely dominate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

His ball handling looked much better. It seems he’s becoming more aware of defenders surrounding him.