it looks like auburn has a new president

aubiefifty

29 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I notice you didn't get an answer.

He was referring to an old engineering saying. I missed it 

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Gouge was terrible. I was a student during his first term. He completely neglected the student body, and all the faculty hated him as well because he constantly made cuts to research funding. He was praised by alumni because he made campus look prettier. But that was the whole of his legacy… campus facelifts. 

I’m going to quote myself here because someone violated my biggest pet peeve on my previous post. Don’t passively facepalm me with no feedback, especially not when it is something I have first hand knowledge about. If you disagree and you want to say so, actually comment with the facts that counter the argument I’m making.

In this case, I know multiple faculty that left Auburn specifically because of Gouge, one of which went to UGA. And there were multiple student petitions that ended up on gouge’s desk that he outright ignored or lied to students over. The girl I was with at the time and I were both lied to by Gogue’s office about the growing parking problem on campus. It had got to the point where students were having a hard time getting to classes. So after a petition was circulated, Gogue and the head of parking sat down with my ex and laid out a plan to fix student parking. None of those plans ever happened. The spots he claimed were going to be student parking became more facelift projects. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Nah. They may be second but can't spell "class."😀

well, I didn't want to flaunt it, but our unparalleled achievements were attained despite all having severe dyslexia. Apology accepted.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

He was referring to an old engineering saying. I missed it 

I'm talking about the quote you responded to that said "this isn't going to end well" referring to Chris Roberts being Pres.

12 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Dang so many engineers here, we might need to spray for them. 😂

It won't work. The chem E's will just figure out how to neutralize it. Then all of us engineers will bore you to death with the technical explanation. Or at least put you to sleep with it. Especially if Cole decides to argue about it, which is another thing engineers do well. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 1

I want a time machine so I can back 30 years ago and start a “search firm” so every dumba** SEC/ACC school will pay me half a million dollars to interview people lmao

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Gouge was terrible. I was a student during his first term. He completely neglected the student body, and all the faculty hated him as well because he constantly made cuts to research funding. He was praised by alumni because he made campus look prettier. But that was the whole of his legacy… campus facelifts. 

Time certainly changed that perception.  Faculty, in general, love the man.

9 hours ago, woodford said:

I want a time machine so I can back 30 years ago and start a “search firm” so every dumba** SEC/ACC school will pay me half a million dollars to interview people lmao

I'd buy into that partnership... please.. lol

On 1/15/2022 at 5:07 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

One thing that’s an absolute fact is that the School of Engineering is at worst one of the two best ran programs on the campus. I don’t know how this reflects on the sports side at all, but nowhere else in state is in the same world in that field. 

The other?

I don't have any strong feelings or opinions one way or the other, but I do think the announcement is a bit over the top. 

It reads like:

We hired a very expensive search firm, spoke with 200,000 individual stakeholders, accepted hundreds of applications, conducted dozens of open door meetings with the community, did 50 rounds of interviews with each candidate that involved  tattooing Auburn's logo on their lower back as a sign of dedication, and after all this we have come to the decision to ....promote the internal candidate from down the road. 

Anyway, People seem to like him and think he's run the Engineering school very well, so I wish him the best and hope he does great!

• Like 1