Men vs Ole Miss Game thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

Great win!!! War Eagle!!!

Thanks for the play-by-play, Mav!!!

Reading the comments from the first half were pretty funny. Hats off to the 3 of you who didn't give up on us!!!

Ole Miss couldn't miss and had 2 fouls in the last 2 minutes of the half. Even with that we were only down 6. I already knew that wasn't sustainable in the second half. 

• Like 2

Just now, BJCrawford said:

Actually surprised that one of the previous others was an Auburn player

Kenny Gabriel one of the most underrated players in Auburn history. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

After show spending so much time on UK/UTk and how good UK is. 

Next weekend we settle that one. 

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

they deleted the final lol

They screwed up the final score on the first tweet. Had to delete and repost. Big brain play. :P

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

What was their first half %? Sorry if I missed that previously 

Actually only 55% but 50% from 3. They went on a slump after the missed dunk.  I imagine they were closer to 70%before the final 4 mins of half. 

I said earlier in thread that the missed wide open dunk may have been a turning point and it actually was. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Ole Miss couldn't miss and had 2 fouls in the last 2 minutes of the half. Even with that we were only down 6. I already knew that wasn't sustainable in the second half. 

Yep, you were one of the three!

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Actually only 55% but 50% from 3. They went on a slump after the missed dunk.  I imagine they were closer to 70%before the final 4 mins of half. 

Seriously, the missed dunk was the turning point. It was about the only shot they had missed at that point.

• Like 1

Just now, Grumps said:

Seriously, the missed dunk was the turning point. It was about the only shot they had missed at that point.

KD made a 3 on the following possession.  We drug it out a little but the mentality changed for us there. 

Bruce has a perfectly balanced team in regards to role players.  We literally have every type of role in this team.  They said on telecast it was like Bruce hand picked this team lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Football team getting in on the meme action! Add this in with the Murray State alliance. I love this season so much.

Lol. And they've got the "crutin' finger" going...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Love how Auburn clamped down on them in the half. There won’t be many times that an opposing team shoots as accurately as OM did in that first half. And they shot 100% from the FT. We still won by 3 possessions. I ain’t mad at it. Not at all. 

14 deficit.......road.........etc. It's unreal.

Anyone else notice the flashing lights reflecting off the floor every time we shot free throws. It happened several times when not shooting free throws but on offense. Never happened to OM that I saw. 

Edited by AlaskanFAN
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Anyone else notice the flashing lights reflecting off the floor every time we shot free throws. It happened several times when not shooting free throws but on offense. Never happened to OM that I saw. 

Yes, saw this and thought it odd as well. Never seen that before.

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Do we not make our players available for interviews after the game? UK had Tyty and even MSU had a player available for a postgame. 

Kd and Walker interviewed on radio

28 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Beginning to wonder if that’s the new ploy to beat us is to call no fouls on the opponent’s team and us foul out. Kinda wonder who is controlling this crap. 

I'll give you 3 guesses....

• Haha 1

WE REALLY DO HAVE THE BEST FREAKING FANS IN ALL OF SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE SO PASSIONATE AND LOYAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST GIVE US A GOOD PRODUCT TO GET EXCITED ABOUT AND BE PROUD OF AND WE WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The scenes from Auburn social media for Tiger Walk for a freaking road basketball game is NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE BAY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4

YOU THOUGHT I WAS DONE?!?!? NUH UH!!!! NO MAAM!! NO SIR!!!!! We are literally taking over opposing arena's in the SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NUTS for anyone that was at AU during the Lebo or Barbee years!!!!! WOOOOO!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! AND WAR DAMN BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE PEARL!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!! LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!! LETS KEEP THIS GOING BACK AT HOME VS THE WEIRDO TOM CREAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

O AND P.S. F U KERMIT YOU WHINY LITTLE BIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTCHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! GO CRY SOME MORE TO THE REFS!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

YOU THOUGHT I WAS DONE?!?!? NUH UH!!!! NO MAAM!! NO SIR!!!!! We are literally taking over opposing arena's in the SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NUTS for anyone that was at AU during the Lebo or Barbee years!!!!! WOOOOO!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! AND WAR DAMN BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE PEARL!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!! LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!! LETS KEEP THIS GOING BACK AT HOME VS THE WEIRDO TOM CREAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

O AND P.S. F U KERMIT YOU WHINY LITTLE BIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTCHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! GO CRY SOME MORE TO THE REFS!!!!!!!!

That-escalated-quickly-GIF.gif

• Haha 4