Men vs Ole Miss Game thread

Maverick.AU

2nd half, I saw Kessler around the rim a lot more, but would get a hand up on the 3 ball from top of key. 

Edited by AUBwins

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

for folks who wonder why Zep was still starting even when Wendell was killing it on O and he didn’t have the same stat performance. This defense sets the tone 

Saw a tweet yesterday calling Jasper the best on-ball defender in the country. Possibly hyperbolic- couldn't tell you anything about the source- but people don't say things like that unless the guy is at least really good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Saw a tweet yesterday calling Jasper the best on-ball defender in the country. Possibly hyperbolic- couldn't tell you anything about the source- but people don't say things like that unless the guy is at least really good. 

it was tweeted by Aubawn I believe, but apparently the guy had in his own bio "the best defender in [his old conference]". The guy holds himself up to a lofty expectation and continues to clear it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To anyone who needs more confirmation that Ole Miss played out of their minds against us:

They are down 42-27 early in the 2nd half against Missouri. They are shooting 28% from the field, 18% from 3, and have already missed 2 FTs compared to 0 against us all game.

Edit: Ole Miss just lost by 25 to Mizzou at home. They shot 5-13 from FT after shooting 100% against us. 33% from the field and 27% from 3. Ridiculous just how well they played against Auburn.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

To anyone who needs more confirmation that Ole Miss played out of their minds against us:

They are down 42-27 early in the 2nd half against Missouri. They are shooting 28% from the field, 18% from 3, and have already missed 2 FTs compared to 0 against us all game.

Edit: Ole Miss just lost by 25 to Mizzou at home. They shot 5-13 from FT after shooting 100% against us. 33% from the field and 27% from 3. Ridiculous just how well they played against Auburn.

It's a product of having a target on our back. We're almost certainly going to get everyone's best shot from here until the end of the season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rednilla said:

It's a product of having a target on our back. We're almost certainly going to get everyone's best shot from here until the end of the season.

This take sounds familiar. 🙂

12 hours ago, Rednilla said:

It was something I mentioned in another thread when people were talking about our rankings and worried about being #1 cause we would have a target on our back. Guess some people don't realize that target is already squarely on our backs. In my post about Ole Miss I was just trying to point out that Ole Miss played lights out for the first half and if not we would have won by 25+.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 5:36 AM, McLoofus said:

He looks like the Tasmanian Devil guarding people. I wouldn't want him dogging me 94 feet. No sir. :outtahere:

• Like 1