Jump to content
Null

NIL Legislation


tomcat
 Share

Recommended Posts





So basically its legislation to allow bammer to continue to do whatever they want while all other universities are heavily regulated? So, business as usual...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

So, what does the law say now?

Yeah, I didn't get much from the article as it relates to the old law & the new law. :dunno:

Bottom line Alabama needs to have wide open laws so that they can operate unrestricted.  Whatever Texas has is what Alabama should have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Yeah, I didn't get much from the article as it relates to the old law & the new law. :dunno:

Bottom line Alabama needs to have wide open laws so that they can operate unrestricted.  Whatever Texas has is what Alabama should have. 

So explain again how uat jas a qb that makes almost a million dollars from NIL?

.

.

Oh,wait. uat. Nevermind.

 

Edited by JuscAUse!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

So explain again how uat jas a qb that makes almost a million dollars from NIL?

.

.

Oh,wait. uat. Nevermind.

 

Somehow this law didn't impede us from giving Tank enough $$ to stay and it didn't stop us from offering Caleb Williams an NIL deal commiserate with other big time programs bidding for his services. 😒

If the law needs to be amended, then amend it.  But this law isn't preventing Alabama schools from diving deep into the NIL waters as they want to dive and it sure hasn't prevented Auburn from bringing in any recruit they've tried to sign. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Essentially what all this boils down to is people are upset yella fella can't sling money & extrapolating it to the entire law

The reason for concern is because if we can't keep up with the NIL, that is something almost completely out of our control that is a major hindrance to us being a good program again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Somehow this law didn't impede us from giving Tank enough $$ to stay and it didn't stop us from offering Caleb Williams an NIL deal commiserate with other big time programs bidding for his services. 😒

If the law needs to be amended, then amend it.  But this law isn't preventing Alabama schools from diving deep into the NIL waters as they want to dive and it sure hasn't prevented Auburn from bringing in any recruit they've tried to sign. 

It was tongue in cheek and had more to do with uat being notorious for doing things like this for years. As Rob Pate said, ' it takes time for most schools to come up with the NIL program. Alabama's had one up and running for decades.' I should have been more clear, I guess.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://brobible.com/sports/article/alabama-nil-law-repeal-recruiting-saban/
 

Never heard of this site, but perhaps there are some nuggets that will assist the curious. My take away is the Alabama law makes things more restrictive than other states. As this is unfolding new legislation is being enacted to repeal the previous bill and replace with one less restrictive.

I share this only for those carping posts asking why Auburn has not done more in the NIL arena. PERHAPS the original legislation is why. Otherwise use a very helpful site called Google and enlightening the board with your findings.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone on Auburn Rant made a post that is extremely worrying, with regards to the NIL stuff and our future as a program. Please tell me this is a bad take?

Edited by AUwent
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...