Best FB facilities in CFB ranking

AUreo

All-American recruits voted on the best CFB facilities in the nation:

1. Oregon

Highlights: Bowl room, self-cleansing lockers, marble showers, Ferrari leather chairs. (Players also get Jordans exclusives)

2. UGA

3. Notre Dame

4. Alabama

Highlights: Sports Science Center, Hydrotherapy room with four waterfalls

5. Ohio St

Highlights: Barber shop, basketball court, golf simulator, an arcade, cryotherapy chamber, sleep pods, an illuminated waterfall, integrated dining hall

6. Clemson

Highlights: Basketball court, miniature golf course, bowling lanes, arcade games 

7. Michigan 

Next: Oklahoma, Texas, Penn State, Texas A&M and LSU

Also receiving votes: Auburn, among others

Generally, I feel pretty good about our new FOF, should be ranked extremely high. Oregon has some unique Nike specifics and Alabama has an advanced Sports Science Center. I don’t think we will be able to compete with that but these are the only unique features that stand out, nationally. Our new FOF will be state-of-the-art and probably be ranked in the Top5 (considering that other programs are constantly upgrading). For instance, this is Oregon’s newly planned IPF (tbc 2024):

OO64SZKUKJAWVEULGBDD2L34QU.png

Edited by AUreo

1 minute ago, AUreo said:

Generally, I feel pretty good about our new FOF, should be ranked extremely high. Oregon has some unique Nike specifics and Alabama has an advanced Sports Science Center. I don’t think we will be able to compete with that but these are the only unique features that stand out, nationally. Our new FOF will be state-of-the-art and probably be in the Top5 (considering that other programs are constantly upgrading).

Still trying to figure out why Bama has a barber shop 🤔 

10 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Generally, I feel pretty good about our new FOF, should be ranked extremely high. Oregon has some unique Nike specifics and Alabama has an advanced Sports Science Center. I don’t think we will be able to compete with that but these are the only unique features that stand out, nationally. Our new FOF will be state-of-the-art and probably be ranked in the Top5 (considering that other programs are constantly upgrading).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AUreo said:

1. Oregon

Highlights: Bowl room, self-cleansing lockers, marble showers, Ferrari leather chairs. (Players also get Jordans exclusives)

2. UGA

3. Notre Dame

4. Alabama

5. Ohio St

Highlights: Barber shop, basketball court, golf simulator, an arcade, cryotherapy chamber, sleep pods, an illuminated waterfall, integrated dining hall

6. Clemson

Highlights: Basketball court, miniature golf course, bowling lanes, arcade games 

7. Michigan 

I like football and all, but man. Something about all of that is just kind of sickening. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, AUreo said:

1. Oregon

2. UGA

3. Notre Dame

4. Alabama

5. Ohio St

6. Clemson

7. Michigan 

Too bad NIL means the schools with the most money will get the best players now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Too bad NIL means the schools with the most money will get the best players now. 

At some point the NIL stuff will have to be capped. Otherwise the money is going to get so ridiculous that college salaries will be higher than a lot of NFL players and the joke about players taking a pay cut to go to the NFL will become true. Of course all of the usual suspects will just ignore a cap and pay whatever they need to get whoever they need and the NCAA will enforce nothing so it doesn't really matter. 

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Not sure if more to your comment than I'm reading in it but didn't our plans have a barber shop too? 

5 minutes ago, nurbis said:

At some point the NIL stuff will have to be capped. Otherwise the money is going to get so ridiculous that college salaries will be higher than a lot of NFL players and the joke about players taking a pay cut to go to the NFL will become true. Of course all of the usual suspects will just ignore a cap and pay whatever they need to get whoever they need and the NCAA will enforce nothing so it doesn't really matter. 

I was just joking.

This list is pretty strong confirmation that CFB is already dominated by the handful of schools that have the most money. (And who choose to spend it on athletics.)

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Because it's an awesome perk for players. Good haircuts are very important and barbershop culture is a big deal. If they're able to provide that for free on campus? And it's just their bros hanging out in there? I'm just going to assume they have a good barber/stylist on staff/contract. If not, though, then nah, nobody's using that except for the backup OLs with their bowl cuts and bama bangs, lol.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AUreo said:

1. Oregon

2. UGA

3. Notre Dame

4. Alabama

5. Ohio St

6. Clemson

7. Michigan 

It will be interesting to see the NEXT poll after we have built our PFF.

That will tell us more of our investment.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Because it's an awesome perk for players. Good haircuts are very important and barbershop culture is a big deal. If they're able to provide that for free on campus? And it's just their bros hanging out in there? I'm just going to assume they have a good barber/stylist on staff/contract. If not, though, then nah, nobody's using that except for the backup OLs with their bowl cuts and bama bangs, lol.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Not sure if more to your comment than I'm reading in it but didn't our plans have a barber shop too? 

It was a joke because so many of Bama players look like they've never used a barber.  I was wondering if anyone would catch it. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

It was a joke because so many of Bama players look like they've never used a barber.  I was wondering if anyone would catch it. 

Well played and apologies!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AUBwins said:

It's funny cause it's true.  That barber shop should still have that new smell too it as little as it gets used.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 5:32 PM, AUwent said:

Interesting that Florida isn't even on there. Both us and them are getting new facilities this year, so that could change.

Yes, overall Florida’s facilities aren’t really that great. The swimming facility is avg at best and yet they just landed the number #1 ranked swimmer in the nation and a pretty good swimmer from NZ (apparently they have a great coaching staff including Katie Ledecky).

The Gators do have an “ok” Gymnastics facility and yet managed to assemble the most talented Gymnastics team in NCAA history…

Football: They are just now building a new $85M FOF.

I think having the best coaching staff is still the most crucial factor in landing talent, however, $ + top facilities might get you the best coaching staff maybe. Coaches might be more interested in top facilities than players.

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

"Clemson

Highlights: Basketball court, miniature golf course, bowling lanes, arcade games "

Wait a minute, if this makes a "top facility" every school would plunk down $30k and make the list. I call b.s.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:22 PM, AUreo said:

Yes, overall Florida’s facilities aren’t really that great. The swimming facility is avg at best and yet they just landed the number #1 ranked swimmer in the nation and a pretty good swimmer from NZ (apparently they have a great coaching staff including Katie Ledecky).

The Gators do have an “ok” Gymnastics facility and yet managed to assemble the most talented Gymnastics team in NCAA history…

Football: They are just now building a new $85M FOF.

I think having the best coaching staff is still the most crucial factor in landing talent, however, $ + top facilities might get you the best coaching staff maybe. Coaches might be more interested in top facilities than players.

Facilities definitely play a big part in a coach’s consideration for potential jobs.  What matters most in college football is recruiting, and recruit love new facilities.  Facilities are the embodiments of the program investing in their players. 

Its one reason Jimbo got out of FSU, the administration just would not commit to the scale of improvements Jimbo wanted and FSU had fallen way behind other programs.  

Think of it this way, what chance would Auburn have had of getting a coach like Bruce Pearl if MBB was still being played in Beard Eaves? 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I read facilities and then it’s more like perks. I absolutely hate that this is a thing. Guess I’m getting old.