Tucker & the autocratic Right

TexasTiger

Joining NATO doesn’t place Ukraine under its direct military control any more than NATO controls us. Trump ushered this view in. NATO is part of a structure that has largely maintained European peace for the last 75 years. Those of us who grown up with it assume this level of stability is a baseline. It’s not. It’s an historical exception.

4EF2AC44-A0F4-4143-B381-0C7BFED7B4EE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

The American Right is now starting to defend Russia and Putin just so they can continue to be against Biden and the Democrats. 

It's really astonishing to watch. 

And this isn't a one off for Tucker Carlson...he was in Hungary not long abo bragging about how well run their Dictatorship is and how America could learn a thing or two from it. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The American Right is now starting to defend Russia and Putin just so they can continue to be against Biden and the Democrats. 

It's really astonishing to watch. 

And this isn't a one off for Tucker Carlson...he was in Hungary not long abo bragging about how well run their Dictatorship is and how America could learn a thing or two from it. 

They’ve done a total 180 from Reagan.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thank God we have a leader that has shown his abilities to be diplomatic and solve problems on an international level.  The way he handled the withdrawal from Afghanistan struck fear in the hearts of our adversaries.  Putin and Jinping would not dare do any nation building while Biden is in office.

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thank God we have a leader that has shown his abilities to be diplomatic and solve problems on an international level.  The way he handled the withdrawal from Afghanistan struck fear in the hearts of our adversaries.  Putin and Jinping would not dare do any nation building while Biden is in office.

Well he's not writing literal homo erotic love notes to Kim Jung Un and talking about how great, wonderful, and trustworthy Jinping is, so that's an upgrade from what Republican foreign policy was giving us the last few years. 

We're still in the middle of this Russian crisis situation. we'll see what happens. Fox and the right is sure putting on the full court press to try and make America look like the bad guy for protecting Ukraine though. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

The left's(and neverTrump right) conspiracy theory that Trump is a Putin stooge is QAnon level crazy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Well he's not writing literal homo erotic love notes to Kim Jung Un and talking about how great, wonderful, and trustworthy Jinping is, so that's an upgrade from what Republican foreign policy was giving us the last few years. 

We're still in the middle of this Russian crisis situation. we'll see what happens. Fox and the right is sure putting on the full court press to try and make America look like the bad guy for protecting Ukraine though. 

Come on, man. The only reason Russia is threatening Ukraine is because Biden is so weak on foreign policy.  He has no back bone and has shown it to the world.  He allowed an 8th century hoard dictate when he left Afghanistan.  Biden mentioned he would like to leave on Aug. 31st and the Taliban would not let him change that date and forced him out when he clearly wasn’t ready.  The Republican foreign policy the last four years was the first time in a long while that we didn’t get into a war during the first term of a Presidency.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Well, the press conference yesterday really was bad for Biden’s foreign policy.  Even CNN questions what he said during the press conference.  Did he really give Putin a green light to invade *parts* of Ukraine?

The Ukrainian people seem to think so.  Just like Afghanistan, Joe blurts our something he should not have said and now Putin can force Biden’s hand.  Will he do it?  Time will tell.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/19/2022 at 5:11 PM, Auburnfan91 said:

The left's(and neverTrump right) conspiracy theory that Trump is a Putin stooge is QAnon level crazy. 

More like a debtor and sychophant than a stooge. <_<

On 1/20/2022 at 11:28 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Well, the press conference yesterday really was bad for Biden’s foreign policy.  Even CNN questions what he said during the press conference.  Did he really give Putin a green light to invade *parts* of Ukraine?

The Ukrainian people seem to think so.  Just like Afghanistan, Joe blurts our something he should not have said and now Putin can force Biden’s hand.  Will he do it?  Time will tell.

Didn’t this genius also green light cyber attacks except for a few hand picked systems?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Didn’t this genius also green light cyber attacks except for a few hand picked systems?

Yes he did, it seems like he should read “The Art of the Deal”.  I forget who the author is.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes he did, it seems like he should read “The Art of the Deal”.  I forget who the author is.

Art of the Deal was ghostwritten by Tony Schwartz. 

Trump paid to have his name stamped on the front of it. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Art of the Deal was ghostwritten by Tony Schwartz. 

Trump paid to have his name stamped on the front of it. 

I don’t doubt that at all. 

On 1/19/2022 at 3:22 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Stick to the topic.

It is a pathetic statement about our society that so many people believe anything that these clowns promote.  Tucker Carlson is an embarrassment.  How can anyone listen to him or Hannity and not see that they are being yanked around on a chain like a hungry pound pup? I don't like Don Lemon either.... before anyone asks.

• Like 2

The great majority of conservative Republican elected officials don't agree with Tucker Carlson and his views on the Ukraine. That is why they were so upset when Biden said that is was ok if Russia only took a little bit of the Ukraine.  Tucker Carlson is against almost all US military actions he didn't want us in Iraq, Syria, etc. Actually his views on use of military force is much closer to liberals views then conservatives. Even though conservatives are not monolithic. 

So please quit trying to brand us as if we agree with everything Tucker Carlson says. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The great majority of conservative Republican elected officials don't agree with Tucker Carlson and his views on the Ukraine. That is why they were so upset when Biden said that is was ok if Russia only took a little bit of the Ukraine.  Tucker Carlson is against almost all US military actions he didn't want us in Iraq, Syria, etc. Actually his views on use of military force is much closer to liberals views then conservatives. Even though conservatives are not monolithic. 

So please quit trying to brand us as if we agree with everything Tucker Carlson says. 

Yeah, I don't know why we're acting like the most watched Conservative political commentator on the largest, most popular Conservative media channel would actually represent or influence the views of American Conservatives. 

A great majority of Conservative Republican elected officials didn't support Donald Trump being President either.....until they did. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/25/tucker-carlson-russia-ukraine-democrats

congressman from New Jersey has disclosed that he is receiving calls from viewers of Tucker Carlson’s primetime Fox News show, expressing distress at the Biden administration’s backing of Ukraine in the tense military stand-off with Russia.

Democratic representative Tom Malinowski said in a tweet his office was fielding calls from Carlson viewers “upset that we’re not siding with Russia in its threats to invade Ukraine”.

The callers, he said, “want me to support Russia’s ‘reasonable’ positions”.

Speaking to the Hill, Malinowski said: “People get their opinions by watching the news, that’s nothing new. What is new is we have at least one talkshow host with a huge captive audience that is not exposed to any counter-programming elsewhere.

“I find that very concerning.”

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

A great majority of Conservative Republican elected officials didn't support Donald Trump being President either.....until they did. 

Star Wars Yoda GIF - Star Wars Yoda You Will Be - Discover &amp; Share GIFs

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah, I don't know why we're acting like the most watched Conservative political commentator on the largest, most popular Conservative media channel would actually represent or influence the views of American Conservatives. 

So you are saying its all or nothing? You cannot pick and choose policies you agree with and those you don't? Damn, this Tucker sounds like a democrat.

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I did not vote for Trump, but supported him after his election. He was our president after all.

Same with Joe. No way I could vote for the guy, but I support him now that he is president.

Is this a problem? Or is it only a problem with radicals blinded by partisanship?

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...

So the people that rebuked our handling of Russia in 2008 strapped a mattress to their backs and did...THE RUSSIAN RESET

HRC said publicly that BY 2011 they knew that it had failed. Medvedev was gone and Putin was taking over.

In 2012, AFTER the Obama Admin realized that the Reset had failed or at least was failing badly we got this s*** from Obama himself in the debates. 

So, we have politicians in America that have made cosmically bad decisions and bad faith decisions telling us that we really need to listen to them as they continue to sneer down at the American People and continue to make POOR DECISIONS. 

I do not agree with Carlson one bit here. So get that thought out of your simpleton lil minds. But to ignore the cataclysmic mistakes made 2009-2016 that directly lead to trump in the WH is just too stupid for words. Anyone remember this piece of mattress backed pillow talk?

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 5:13 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Come on, man. The only reason Russia is threatening Ukraine is because Biden is so weak on foreign policy.  He has no back bone and has shown it to the world.  He allowed an 8th century hoard dictate when he left Afghanistan.  Biden mentioned he would like to leave on Aug. 31st and the Taliban would not let him change that date and forced him out when he clearly wasn’t ready.  The Republican foreign policy the last four years was the first time in a long while that we didn’t get into a war during the first term of a Presidency.

That is horse s*** to the extreme.

• Like 2