Junior day for the kentucky game

aubiefifty

In case you needed another reason to get pumped up for the game on Saturday: Auburn is hosting an in-state Junior Day on Saturday, and the Auburn / Kentucky game is on their list of activities. At least six (and possibly as many as seventeen) c/o 2023 recruits will be in attendance at the game.

renderTimingPixel.png

List of confirmed visitors:

5* CB A.J. Harris

5* CB Jahlil Hurley

5* S Tony Mitchell

4* OL Bradyn Joiner (committed)

4* WR Karmello English

4* DL Tomarrion Parker

List of possible visitors:

5* DL James Smith

5* DL Peter Woods

4* DL Kelby Collins

4* DL Keldric Faulk

4* CB Dale Miller

4* S DaKaari Nelson

4* DL Hunter Osborne

4* Edge Yhonzae Pierre

4* Edge Jaquavious Russaw

4* CB Avery Stuart

OL Patrick Screws (3* on On3 and Rivals, no ranking yet on ESPN and 247)

• Like 2

Thank you for Posting this sadly only 1 O-line for sure and maybe another.  The D side of the ball seems to understand seeing Auburn fans at a basketball game and how we support our team is huge.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Thank you for Posting this sadly only 1 O-line for sure and maybe another.  The D side of the ball seems to understand seeing Auburn fans at a basketball game and how we support our team is huge.

you are very welcome!

27 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

What do u think is the problem with the lack Of OL prospects... This trend has to end

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What do u think is the problem with the lack Of OL prospects... This trend has to end

i have no idea but i bet coach has a plan. i am not going to worry needlessly until the new season starts and we have the same ol issues and problems. i do think another season of his weight training improves what we have. i hope it is enough.

14 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The OL coach ain’t getting it done. He has been recruiting the South too long to not have any relationships built with kids.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How many gave confirmed attendance?  Need at least a dozen OL candidates 6’5 or taller.  Where’s the focus for a vital position overlooked for too long?  
Maybe the coaches can have an OL, only recruiting weekend?  Somethings gotta change to create OL interest. 

41 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Any basketball visitors for the game????

Heard previously that Wesley Yates (2023 SG out of TX) is supposed to visit. Not sure if confirmed. We should have as many basketball and football prospects as possible at this one, probably the biggest home game in Auburn Arena history. 

Maybe CBH isn’t much of a bball fan. It would be good to see him return the favor like BP does the football team. Maybe that’s not his thing. With bball so hot it has to be a great recruiting tool.

6 hours ago, AUGoo said:

QB's don;t want to play without a good OL,

OL's don;t want to play with a questionable QB?

The whole UGA OL with Stetson Bennett results should change that second question. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AUGoo said:

QB's don;t want to play without a good OL,

OL's don;t want to play with a questionable QB?

I've never understood the idea of the latter. I don't think it's real.

Never heard an OL recruit say he would only protect a good QB, never heard an NFL free agent say it either. Joe Thomas, arguably the best OL ever, played his entire career in Cleveland during the worst string of QBs in NFL history.

Linemen protect whoever is back there all the same. If anything, they'll want to play in front of a good running back so they can really brag about stats. But even that isn't really that big of a deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, e808 said:

Maybe CBH isn’t much of a bball fan. It would be good to see him return the favor like BP does the football team. Maybe that’s not his thing. With bball so hot it has to be a great recruiting tool.

The war rapport guys say Harsin is laser focused on football and wants nothing to do with politicking. 

That needs to change. For CBH's own benefit.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The war rapport guys say Harsin is laser focused on football and wants nothing to do with politicking. 

That needs to change. For CBH's own benefit.

I’m just fine with him spending his time trying to better his team rather than politicking 

• WarTiger changed the title to Junior day for the kentucky game
50 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I’m just fine with him spending his time trying to better his team rather than politicking 

If he was out connecting with the fans and student body a bit more, there might be more of an understanding of who this guy is, why he's right for Auburn, and why he deserves time to implement what he wants to do. 

As things currently stand, if he does get into a situation where he's on the fence of being retained or let go, people aren't going to go to bat for him. So he can stay all-business but he does so at his own peril. 

He better win. And not expect any unearned trust or time if he doesn't. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

If he was out connecting with the fans and student body a bit more, there might be more of an understanding of who this guy is, why he's right for Auburn, and why he deserves time to implement what he wants to do. 

As things currently stand, if he does get into a situation where he's on the fence of being retained or let go, people aren't going to go to bat for him. So he can stay all-business but he does so at his own peril. 

He better win. And not expect any unearned trust or time if he doesn't. 

Eh, I see what your saying. But I’d rather results make the decision of retention over relationships. I’m just not a big fan of politics in any form. Lol

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Eh, I see what your saying. But I’d rather results make the decision of retention over relationships. I’m just not a big fan of politics in any form. Lol

As long as his staff and players believe in him, boosters and the power structure believe in him, regional high school staffs and recruits believe in him, and the media doesn't actively root against him like they did the last guy... then that should take care of winning and winning will take care of the rest.

saban almost openly hates bama fans and they don't care one bit. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

As long as his staff and players believe in him, boosters and the power structure believe in him, regional high school staffs and recruits believe in him, and the media doesn't actively root against him like they did the last guy... then that should take care of winning and winning will take care of the rest.

saban almost openly hates bama fans and they don't care one bit. 

Bingo!

14 hours ago, Grumps said:

There are two different kinds of politics. CBH NEEDS to play the kind of politics where the fans love him. He NEEDS for Bruce Pearl to help his football team and he needs to help the BB team (even if they don't need it). Being laser focused on what is best for the FB is great, but recognizing that part of that laser focus needs to be on projecting an image that helps the team recruit and win and have a more vocal fan base.

I'll throw in one additional caveat. CBH only gets 1 away visit per recruit (unless that has changed too). He should (imo) take advantage of any opportunity to personally interact with these recruits. wde

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 10:13 PM, Grumps said:

There are two different kinds of politics. CBH NEEDS to play the kind of politics where the fans love him. He NEEDS for Bruce Pearl to help his football team and he needs to help the BB team (even if they don't need it). Being laser focused on what is best for the FB is great, but recognizing that part of that laser focus needs to be on projecting an image that helps the team recruit and win and have a more vocal fan base.

Bruce really clearly gets this. A great football program is good for basketball and vice versa. 

10 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Bruce really clearly gets this. A great football program is good for basketball and vice versa. 

It looks like Harsin gets it too. He appears to be lining up potential recruits to a big game. How can you not see that as supporting it? I doubt he is removing his shirt though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1