Junior day for the kentucky game

aubiefifty

On 1/21/2022 at 8:03 AM, Hank2020 said:

It looks like Harsin gets it too. He appears to be lining up potential recruits to a big game. How can you not see that as supporting it? I doubt he is removing his shirt though.

There you go again, Hank! Now half the board will spend all week slamming BH for keeping his shirt on at the game, and how it's killing recruiting by him staying fully dressed.

🤦

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

There you go again, Hank! Now half the board will spend all week slamming BH for keeping his shirt on at the game, and how it's killing recruiting by him staying fully dressed.

🤦

And here I thought I was helping.

• Haha 3

On 1/19/2022 at 8:25 PM, AUght2win said:

If he was out connecting with the fans and student body a bit more, there might be more of an understanding of who this guy is, why he's right for Auburn, and why he deserves time to implement what he wants to do. 

As things currently stand, if he does get into a situation where he's on the fence of being retained or let go, people aren't going to go to bat for him. So he can stay all-business but he does so at his own peril. 

He better win. And not expect any unearned trust or time if he doesn't. 

On the CBS broadcast they showed Harsin greating the fans in Pearlville. Took pictures and shook hands. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Jack Pyburn was there. (2022 signee). Hope we get his commitment. Guy is a beast. 

The atmosphere was GREAT!  I can see that being enough to make a guy go ahead and commit.  On the other hand, Miami sure has a lot of eye candy that could persuade a young man to go there.  
Tough choice for the young man to make.  Hope he pics us when it’s all said and done.

Imagine being a HS kid, in a packed AU BB stadium,  #2 Auburn vs #12 Kentucky, the #1 rating is on the line for AU, the student section is wild and Auburn wins. You couldn't get a better atmosphere than that to impress a HS football recruit in a non-football venue. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Did we ever hear what the final list looked like?

Did we hear of any positive feedback from those that were there?

I am just looking for some positive info.  I can only read so much on here without feeling depression setting in.  We need more good news from the football side of AU!!!

I have heard enough of the sky is falling!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AUDaddio said:

Did we ever hear what the final list looked like?

Did we hear of any positive feedback from those that were there?

I am just looking for some positive info.  I can only read so much on here without feeling depression setting in.  We need more good news from the football side of AU!!!

I have heard enough of the sky is falling!

Im probably not the guy to make you feel any better but Matthews said at AUs first junior day only 2 of the states top 20 prospects attended in a year when the state is loaded with talent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, CR said:

Im probably not the guy to make you feel any better but Matthews said at AUs first junior day only 2 of the states top 20 prospects attended in a year when the state is loaded with talent.

Basically it was a continuation of the disaster our program has been since early October.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

We all (especially CBH and staff) desperately need some good news. Something big on Wednesday please!!!

2 hours ago, CR said:

I thought I read somewhere that our Junior Day was scheduled on the same day as bama's.  If so probably not a wise idea.  Regardless, if only two showed up it's certainly foretelling where the Harsin program is headed fast.  I just hope someone somewhere is already working on a short list for the the obvious.

6 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I thought I read somewhere that our Junior Day was scheduled on the same day as bama's.  If so probably not a wise idea.  Regardless, if only two showed up it's certainly foretelling where the Harsin program is headed fast.  I just hope someone somewhere is already working on a short list for the the obvious.

I think this was actually rescheduled b/c we did such a poor job planning it, that no one was coming to the 1st attempt.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I think this was actually rescheduled b/c we did such a poor job planning it, that no one was coming to the 1st attempt.

Well you know, the lack of Alabama high school connections on the coaching staff isn’t a red flag or anything 

On 1/31/2022 at 10:05 PM, Taco said:

Well you know, the lack of Alabama high school connections on the coaching staff isn’t a red flag or anything 

Well shoot. A year in and you'd think Harsin would know to go down to the highschool connection store and buy some of those highschool connections already.

Maybe they just don't have those in Boise, since we all know no one cares about football in the Northwest.

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Well shoot. A year in and you'd think Harsin would know to go down to the highschool connection store and buy some of those highschool connections already.

Maybe they just don't have those in Boise, since we all know no one cares about football in the Northwest.

He literally just started visiting Alabama high schools in the last week or two. 

As for Boise, take a look at their roster. No, they aren't dependent upon local relationships for very much of their talent. Change to grid view and then sort by hometown. 

https://broncosports.com/sports/football/roster

3 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Well shoot. If only we had assistant coaches that had those connections worth a damn.